PDA

View Full Version : Longford game

Splurge
23/03/2009, 8:21 AM
Cant wait for this now, season starts here. They had a great result last week and will be up for this and all, should be a cracker.

Who do we have back for this? Hopefully one or two strikers, any chance of Sheehan making an appearence?

Salmon Coloured
23/03/2009, 12:11 PM
Were looking forward to this game too!! Looks like a few of us from Longford will be making a night out of it down there. BRING IT!!!!!!

oldyouth
23/03/2009, 12:49 PM
Cant wait for this now, season starts here. They had a great result last week and will be up for this and all, should be a cracker.

Who do we have back for this? Hopefully one or two strikers, any chance of Sheehan making an appearence?
I'm told he had his operation last week and will not be available till May

Youths4Ever
23/03/2009, 1:43 PM

very doubtful if any striker but Gavin Doyle back in squad for game Friday but hopefully we will play two upfront anyway.

Were looking forward to this game too!! Looks like a few of us from Longford will be making a night out of it down there. BRING IT!!!!!!

Let us know if ye any help with hotels etc or where to go after game if ye making a night out of it. :D

Martinho II
23/03/2009, 5:47 PM
well youths 4ever there may be a few of us that may be looking for accomodation. Can you recommend anywhere decent and what pubs /nightclubs would you recommend after??

Youths4Ever
24/03/2009, 12:30 PM
well youths 4ever there may be a few of us that may be looking for accomodation. Can you recommend anywhere decent and what pubs /nightclubs would you recommend after??

well any of the hotels in town are ok the Maldron formally the Quality is a bit outside town but closer to ground. Most of the hotels have special offers on the Talbot would be nicest 4 star job and up to recently was only €25 for a room for the night.

Crown probably one of the better pubs to go to before night club and is next to both. Night club front Music Factory is ok I am not a fan, good old reliable is the Stores three floors different music and crowd each floor.

Salmon Coloured
26/03/2009, 10:15 AM
What time does the restaurant in the Club house open at? Will it be open for custom before kick off? I should be getting there around 7.30 so a nice munch would be top before I strain the vocal chords.

Youths4Ever
26/03/2009, 12:47 PM
What time does the restaurant in the Club house open at? Will it be open for custom before kick off? I should be getting there around 7.30 so a nice munch would be top before I strain the vocal chords.

Sorry but as far as I know the restaurant does not open to the public at all before or after games. If you let me know what way you will be approaching Wexford could recommend elsewhere to eat without having to go into town

Macy
26/03/2009, 1:03 PM
Sorry but as far as I know the restaurant does not open to the public at all before or after games.
That only makes it more appealing. :D

Salmon Coloured
26/03/2009, 3:27 PM
Thanks Youths4Ever, ill probably grab a quick bite on the way so. You headin to the game Macy?

Youths4Ever
26/03/2009, 4:02 PM
Are there many from Longford traveling to the game?

Martinho II
26/03/2009, 5:39 PM
myself salmon coloured and sorbo the greek are going..

Macy
27/03/2009, 7:41 AM
You headin to the game Macy?
Unfortunately not, any overnight football trips would be JJ's - Flansiro - JJ's, I was just living my supporting experience through others.

Splurge
31/03/2009, 10:39 AM
Well it wasnt the cracker of a game i was expecting but it was still a great night's enteratinment. Longford looked poor in the first half but until we got our 2nd i tought they looked the most likely winners. Connor Sinnot had his first great game in a good while, great work for both goals, Gavin Doyle looks so much better this season, much fitter. Once we get our strikers back in the side we should be pretty decent, Paul Murphy and Sheehan would be two of the better strikers in the league, Furlong is'nt bad as back up. Throw Peter White into the equation and a top half finish should definitely be a possibility. Athlone away this w/e and then LK at home, i'd take 4pts from them.