PDA

View Full Version : Man U

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

DeLorean
16/07/2009, 12:55 PM
Because they see the whole game, not just what TV shows, and they're also paying in week in week out - a crap player has more of an impact on them than someone who's just pressed remote. They're also less swayed by what people in the media say, and appreciate more than running around a lot which is what seems to be the main arguement for Tevez.

From my experience of going to games and watching at home I find I have a lot better idea of what went on from the TV screens. I don't see how paying in makes a difference:confused: I've paid for my Sky/Setanta sub, big deal. As for- "They're also less swayed by what people in the media say", I think that's down to each individual, dosen't matter whether they go to the games or not. Does this mean that if I go to half my teams games I'm only 50% swayed by the media.

Still not convinced the match going United fans prefer Berbatov to Tevez, like everything else, they're probably divided.

DeLorean
17/07/2009, 11:21 AM
Very good news considering the reports from last month
Hargreaves Return (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8155610.stm)

Infadel
17/07/2009, 11:23 AM
Man united signed 21 year old striker Mame Biram Diouf from Molde
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17072009/58/premier-league-manchester-united-sign-diouf.html

DeLorean
17/07/2009, 11:52 AM
According to Wikipedia he's being loaned back to Molde for the remainder of their season and teaming up with United in January. Seems to make sense unlike the last paragraph of the page!!

Wikipedia - Mame_Biram_Diouf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mame_Biram_Diouf)

Edit: Ah it didn't last long. The final paragraph had stated that a top United scout did extensive research on Diouf, studying carefully the full 3 minutes of him on YouTube and believes that he could be the next Manucho!!

Closed Account 2
26/07/2009, 2:24 AM
I wonder what these guys think now:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01404/carlos-tevez_1404532c.jpg

DeLorean
29/07/2009, 12:14 PM
Hargreaves Return In Doubt (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8155610.stm)

Denis The Red
22/08/2009, 6:00 PM
Wigan 0-5 United
Nice of the champions to turn up for this one... finally. I didn't see it, heard the commentary on Today FM. It sounded like the first half was lousy, but we can't scoff at a 5-0.

CF1989
22/08/2009, 9:26 PM
good to see owen get off the mark. rooney doing well centrally aswell

DeLorean
25/08/2009, 1:24 PM
It sounded like the first half was lousy

Not really. United should have been four up.

CF1989
25/08/2009, 9:07 PM
gary neville back in at right full, wonder if he keeps fit and injury free could he nail down that position again, or is he past it

Umberside
25/08/2009, 9:33 PM
gary neville back in at right full, wonder if he keeps fit and injury free could he nail down that position again, or is he past it

He's past it. Evra and O'Shea have nailed down that position now anyway.

rambler14
25/08/2009, 10:24 PM

An advert for retirement unfortunately.

DeLorean
26/08/2009, 9:35 AM
Fabio looks a really good player. With Evra certain to retain the left back spot O'Shea will face far more competition this season with Rafael, Brown and Neville all options.

Denis The Red
28/08/2009, 12:15 AM
MAN UTD
CSKA Moscow
Besiktas
Wolfsburg

Well fellow Reds... a group we can qualify from no doubt but also a couple of banana skins as well. No one likes to go to Russia in the height of winter or Turkey at any time and Wolfsburg has to be the toughest of the 4th seeds when you see other groups getting Cypriots, Romanians and Hungarians and such.
But no excuses, I think we'll still be one of the teams walking out into the Bernabéu next May.

DeLorean
28/08/2009, 10:01 AM
Simple group really. 3 certain home wins I'd imagine which would probably be enough in itself. Liverpool got the toughest group of the English sides but should still qualify. At least they should be involved in a couple of decent matches against Fiorentina and Lyon.

CF1989
28/08/2009, 12:45 PM
uniteds away games will all be tough, all intimidating type atmospeheres, although im sure there well used of that now. im sure they'l qulaify. poor away record in the competition so probably a couple of draws away from home and win 2 if not all of the home games. shud be enough to top the group as the other teams will take points off eachother

Umberside
28/08/2009, 12:51 PM
I honestly think United have the hardest group. I'd say they'll lose away to CSKA Moscow and Besiktas, and possibly get a draw in Wolfsburg, but after that they should win all three at home.

DeLorean
28/08/2009, 1:05 PM
poor away record in the competition

Undefeated in their last 12 away matches in Europe, winning 6 and drawing 6. Can't see it being much different in this group.

CF1989
28/08/2009, 4:43 PM
Undefeated in their last 12 away matches in Europe, winning 6 and drawing 6. Can't see it being much different in this group.

im wrong so:o

suppose it wasnt great before the last 2 years :)

still very tough games, away to CSKA on the all weather surface. freezing cold. intimidating asmosphere. back to the luzhniki stadium again though isnt it?
turkish teams away are always tough and wolfsburg are the german champions. definatly the toughest of the english teams

DeLorean
29/08/2009, 8:02 PM
im wrong so:o

suppose it wasnt great before the last 2 years :)

still very tough games, away to CSKA on the all weather surface. freezing cold. intimidating asmosphere. back to the luzhniki stadium again though isnt it?
turkish teams away are always tough and wolfsburg are the german champions. definatly the toughest of the english teams

Yeah United's away record was very poor before that. I still think it's an easy group despite away fixtures you'd prefer to avoid. Good win today but completely gifted, Arsenal killed themselves and were the better team for long periods.

shakermaker1982
29/08/2009, 9:38 PM
Strange game today. The win probably flattered United but 3 points is everything I suppose!

Fergie must be concerned with Carrick's contribution again. Woeful. Fletcher did well but United still need beefing up in the centre of midfield. Valencia looked out of his depth and needs a goal fast to help his confidence.

CF1989
29/08/2009, 11:31 PM
wenger cant really complain. gallas was offside and won the knockdown for the offside goal. very harsh getting sent off for kicking a bottle though, didnt see the full game so dont know if he had words with the 4th official to get him sent off. thought it was a penalty, although i could maybe see if arsenal had complaints about it, he was half on his way down before there was contact. would have been contact anyway even if he didnt start to go down early if ya get me

apo11o
30/08/2009, 1:52 AM
I thought it was a peno, the keeper didn t need to come for that ball and Rooney knew what he was doing. What a crazy own goal, great finish from a player that couldn t score at the other end.

Wenger will prob say he didn t see the bottle.

Neish
30/08/2009, 10:33 AM
wenger cant really complain. gallas was offside and won the knockdown for the offside goal.

The fact he is wrong never stopped him before. Saying that the same often applies to Fergie and many other managers but I think Wenger leads the way here. Regarding the penalty I do think it was a penalty Rooney had knocked the ball past Almunia and wither he intended to or not Almunia took Rooney out. I've seen them given and not given before

razor
31/08/2009, 10:14 AM
Regarding the penalty I do think it was a penalty Rooney had knocked the ball past Almunia and wither he intended to or not Almunia took Rooney out. I've seen them given and not given beforeRooney had taken flight before any contact was made but contact was made.

lionelhutz
31/08/2009, 11:12 AM
Anyone else think Rooneys dive was as bad as Eduardo's?? It was just that Rooney executed the dive better and connected with the keeper. He saw Almunia coming, lashed the ball out for a goal kick and made sure to kick Almunia and then go down. I wonder will Rooney get a ban for diving...

reder
31/08/2009, 11:14 AM
I thought it was a valid penalty myself but I also thought that Arsenal should have had a penalty in the first half when Arshavin was fouled. All in all, united were very lucky to win. Arsenal deserved something from the game.

rambler14
31/08/2009, 11:15 AM
Anyone else think Rooneys dive was as bad as Eduardo's?? It was just that Rooney executed the dive better and connected with the keeper. He saw Almunia coming, lashed the ball out for a goal kick and made sure to kick Almunia and then go down. I wonder will Rooney get a ban for diving...

What was the difference between the two?......CONTACT. Rooney was brought down by Almunia, Eduardo was brought down by the wind.
Rooney probably played for the penalty but still he didn't dive, he mearly awaited contact.

lionelhutz
31/08/2009, 11:25 AM
What was the difference between the two?......CONTACT. Rooney was brought down by Almunia, Eduardo was brought down by the wind.
Rooney probably played for the penalty but still he didn't dive, he mearly awaited contact.

He didn't await contact, he kicked Almunia. The same way Pires kicked a player for a penalty a few years ago and there was uproar over it.

rambler14
31/08/2009, 11:25 AM
He didn't await contact, he kicked Almunia. The same way Pires kicked a player for a penalty a few years ago and there was uproar over it.

Go away and watch it again. He didn't dive.

DeLorean
31/08/2009, 11:31 AM
A clear a penalty as you'll ever see but there's no talking to some people when it comes to their hatred of United. Arsenal should have had one too and definitely deserved something from the match, probably a win. Having said that they committed footballing suicide with the 2 goals they conceded and will struggle to win any match making mistakes like those.

lionelhutz
31/08/2009, 11:36 AM

I watched it again. And again. And again. His knees buckled before Almunia touched him and he then kicked Almunia. It's not like its the first time Rooney dived - anyone remember Campbells phantom foul on him when they beat Arsenal to end their 50 game unbeaten run?

DeLorean
31/08/2009, 12:09 PM
I watched it again. And again. And again. His knees buckled before Almunia touched him and he then kicked Almunia. It's not like its the first time Rooney dived - anyone remember Campbells phantom foul on him when they beat Arsenal to end their 50 game unbeaten run?

Yes and that was a blatant dive and a terrible decision. This one is completely different. Almunia blocks Rooney's path to the ball, it doesn't matter whether there is contact or not or whether the ball is going out of play or not. If you come for the ball like that you have to get it or keep out of the players way. It was the same as Reina on Park last season.

razor
31/08/2009, 1:02 PM
Rooney probably played for the penalty but still he didn't dive, he mearly awaited contact.While I don't think Wayne kicked his leg into Almunia, he was definitely going down in advance of any contact.
I guess the fact there was contact means it probably was a penalty.
Discussion here (http://www.epltalk.com/man-united-2-1-arsenal-did-wayne-rooney-dive/10472)

Roadend
31/08/2009, 2:43 PM

Oh yes he did, he was going down before the contact was made, no doubt about that.

Oink
31/08/2009, 3:17 PM
Definitely a peno, keeper committed the tackle, made contact and didn't get the ball... making the fact he went down easily irrelevant.

As a Chelsea fan i'm pretty happy about how the game went, Arsenal aren't the same team without Fiberglass and United are brutal this season. How Rooney got man of the match is beyond me, his worst game this season.

Can someone also explain to me why Owen Hargreaves is being hailed as the messiah ready to bring united back from the brink? Have they had him on a drip of Maradona and Beckenbauer's blood?

DmanDmythDledge
31/08/2009, 3:32 PM
There's no way Rooney dived. If anybody thinks he did stand up, stretch your right leg forward as much you can and take a look at where you left leg is going. Then imagine that running and you can clearly see how Rooney was leaning forward.

Roadend
31/08/2009, 3:34 PM
He was on the way down before he was touched, its as clear as day in the replays from the various angles. :rolleyes: Now havving said that Aluminia cleaned him out anyway so it was a penalty

DmanDmythDledge
31/08/2009, 3:36 PM
You can :rolleyes: all you want, that's hardly going to prove your point.

Roadend
31/08/2009, 3:37 PM
You either saw the replays or you didn't, I'm not going to write off to Sky to get you the tapes

osarusan
31/08/2009, 3:59 PM
Rooney anticipated contact and went down. Just like Eduardo did. The difference being that Boruc managed to pull his hands away completely, Almuni didn't and made contact with Rooney, and that contact meant a penalty was inevitable.

It is madness to say that the contact with Almunia was the reason Rooney went over though.

lionelhutz
31/08/2009, 4:31 PM
Rooney anticipated contact and went down. Just like Eduardo did. The difference being that Boruc managed to pull his hands away completely, Almuni didn't and made contact with Rooney, and that contact meant a penalty was inevitable.

It is madness to say that the contact with Almunia was the reason Rooney went over though.

My point exactly.

Keen2win
31/08/2009, 7:29 PM
'U-N-I-T-E-D, United are the team for me' was sang throughout the whole match by Man U fans according to my friend who was at the match.... GAY!

And the pagan missed the Longford match against Monaghan to go and listen to that awful song for the whole match:D

Thank God I follow the League of Ireland!

KK77
25/09/2009, 10:16 AM
I see Fergie is apparently concerned about Ferdinand and the amount of injuries he's picking up over the course of the last year. Only played something like 23 games ut of the last 52. Couldn't believe that stat. Suppose it has to be a worry with him the wrong side of 30 now.

DeLorean
25/09/2009, 1:11 PM
I see Fergie is apparently concerned about Ferdinand and the amount of injuries he's picking up over the course of the last year. Only played something like 23 games ut of the last 52. Couldn't believe that stat. Suppose it has to be a worry with him the wrong side of 30 now.

Must be a concern alright. Fair play to Jonny Evans for his performances last year, United still conceded fewest League goals (with Chelsea). Wes Brown looked good the last night but there'll be bigger fish to fry than Wolves.

KK77
25/09/2009, 1:32 PM
Must be a concern alright. Fair play to Jonny Evans for his performances last year, United still conceded fewest League goals (with Chelsea). Wes Brown looked good the last night but there'll be bigger fish to fry than Wolves.

Will be interesting to see if Brown can stay fit now. Probably rely more on Evans but picks injuries up as well.

DeLorean
25/09/2009, 1:34 PM
Will be interesting to see if Brown can stay fit now. Probably rely more on Evans but picks injuries up as well.

Yeah Evans always seems to be carrying knocks and doubtful. I think he would have been out of contention far more often last season only for the circumstances.

KK77
25/09/2009, 1:40 PM
Yeah Evans always seems to be carrying knocks and doubtful. I think he's would have been out of contention far more often last season only for the circumstances.

Yes considering how well Brown played in 07/08 i'd say your right there.

Roadend
25/09/2009, 3:45 PM
Anderson left out of the latest Brazil squad, Lucas included :D

KK77
25/09/2009, 3:50 PM
Anderson left out of the latest Brazil squad, Lucas included :D

Expect some smart remarks to this Roadend;)