PDA

View Full Version : LTFC VS KCFC (Now I want KFC :( )

RonnieB
21/03/2009, 11:00 AM
So then, two played, one drawn one lost. Tonight hopefully we can get the win!

Will have a few out via suspension but I think adrian murphy may be fit?

Longfordian
21/03/2009, 11:11 AM
Dunno if Murph is back yet, from reading the interview with Alan Gough on the website I don't think he is as he was making a point of mentioning young Hoare and how he impressed last weekend when he came on. McCarthy should be back if fit, I think Jinks is back as well.

Martinho II
21/03/2009, 1:03 PM
Dunno if Murph is back yet, from reading the interview with Alan Gough on the website I don't think he is as he was making a point of mentioning young Hoare and how he impressed last weekend when he came on. McCarthy should be back if fit, I think Jinks is back as well.

its a long time since we last won at home boys hopefully they will do the business.. i was very impressed with them last week and thought that we deserved a draw..

Town Legend
21/03/2009, 7:15 PM
Anyone who's at Flancare tonight could they confirm who scored our first goal. extratime has it down as Glynn whereas aertel have it as Sheridan. Also whoever gets a chance could they post the Town's team and subs!!!!

Thanks!

De Town
21/03/2009, 8:45 PM
team was

murphy
king sheridan mccarthy kenny
russo curran jinks lee
glynn mccartney

sheridan scored the first and last, glynn the second and curran the third. could easily have been 10-0, we played some lovely football but kildare were rubbish.

Longfordian
22/03/2009, 12:16 AM
team was

murphy
russo curran jinks lee
glynn mccartney

sheridan scored the first and last, glynn the second and curran the third. could easily have been 10-0, we played some lovely football but kildare were rubbish.

Summed up in that sentence there. I like the high tempo game Gough is trying to have us play though. Pace can do an awful lot of damage in the First Division, Glynn looks like he can cause mayhem when he gets the right passes.

Town Legend
22/03/2009, 1:58 AM
team was

murphy
russo curran jinks lee
glynn mccartney

Had we no subs??? Ya'd think he would of given some of the younger brigade a 15 minute run when we were 4-0 up???:confused:

De Town
22/03/2009, 8:49 AM
Had we no subs??? Ya'd think he would of given some of the younger brigade a 15 minute run when we were 4-0 up???:confused:

eoin hoare came on for michael lee with about 30 mins left. darragh concannon and brian murtagh came on for gary curran and colm jinks with about 15 mins left.

Pauro 76
22/03/2009, 9:13 AM
So then, two played, one drawn one lost. Tonight hopefully we can get the win!

Will have a few out via suspension but I think adrian murphy may be fit?

Is there a KFC in longford now? ;)

Tallanted
22/03/2009, 5:46 PM
great win. This team are young and hungry and look like they are really up for it.. They play very attractive football and look like they have loads of goals in them.. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND GET YOUR ARSES TO WEXFORD ON FRIDAY

Keen2win
22/03/2009, 5:54 PM
great win. This team are young and hungry and look like they are really up for it.. They play very attractive football and look like they have loads of goals in them.. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND GET YOUR ARSES TO WEXFORD ON FRIDAY

Easier said than done. Hopefully the bus will be going down but, if not, I'l be trying to scab a lift off someone:D Why don't more Town supporters make use of the bus?:confused:

I have to agree tho, it was a big improvement on our last home game especially for the defence.

RonnieB
22/03/2009, 6:05 PM

No dice, my arse will be in Germany.

Martinho II
22/03/2009, 6:57 PM
this team of alan goughs reminds me of stephen kennys early days in charge of the town.. I dont wish to tempt fate but after that performance we could be in for a season like the 98-99 season.. I would take a play off spot.. its such a relief to finally get a home win since we beat shels 2-0 last season. In our six years playin Kildare Co this is our best ever win against them and we had teams way better than what we have now.

It was good to see Section O back in full voice again .. I believe the lads were very quiet without me two weeks ago!;)I never saw a match with three of the four goals pure tap ins.. Im fierce impressed with Derek Glynn and once Adrian Murphy comes back I reckon we could have a strikeforce to fear.

Keen2win
22/03/2009, 9:01 PM
this team of alan goughs reminds me of stephen kennys early days in charge of the town.. I dont wish to tempt fate but after that performance we could be in for a season like the 98-99 season.. I would take a play off spot.. its such a relief to finally get a home win since we beat shels 2-0 last season. In our six years playin Kildare Co this is our best ever win against them and we had teams way better than what we have now.

It was good to see Section O back in full voice again .. I believe the lads were very quiet without me two weeks ago!;)I never saw a match with three of the four goals pure tap ins.. Im fierce impressed with Derek Glynn and once Adrian Murphy comes back I reckon we could have a strikeforce to fear.

Ah f!ck ya Marty;)

Salmon Coloured
23/03/2009, 7:41 AM
Ill be in Wexford so hopefully we will get a decent crowd down. Good spot to go out in too so looking forward to it.

Longfordian
23/03/2009, 9:34 AM

I'd take mid table to be honest, I wouldnt be getting too carried away. Kildare were pretty poor. But we do look like we'll be exciting to watch anyhow which is always a good thing. McCarthy is going to be very important to us this season I reckon. Hopefully we can hang on to him for the full season. Glynn will score loads with the right service.

El-Hero9
23/03/2009, 3:38 PM
New to this thread,good win saturday!could you tell me how tom king is getting on for ye?

Martinho II
23/03/2009, 5:19 PM
New to this thread,good win saturday!could you tell me how tom king is getting on for ye?#

tom has played all three games so far either as sub or from the start. I think he is a good signing for us as his distribution is good and he has composure.