PDA

View Full Version : A rant..

Cabs88
20/03/2009, 10:00 PM
Yet again I am disappointed by the supporters club notes this week. Time after time, this article has come across with a condescening undertone, a holier than thou attitude towards the work they do aswell as unnecessary drivel dressed up by limited knowledge of football.. If it represents the the views of the 'official' supporters club, what does that make everyone else, unnoffical supporters?

Now Im not for one minute belittling the work the supporters club do, but they are not the only ones who contribute to the club, who go to games, buy lotto tickets, and generally just support the club.

This week the writer of the piece highlighted the pity we do not have genuine supporters to travel to every away game, this I felt suggested because people are not able to travel up to Balleybofey on a saturday night, they were not 'genuine' supporters..I for one was not able to make the journey, and im sure there were others in a similiar situation, but I would consider myself a genuine supporter, who would follow the team wherever and whenever possible. In the past, the writer has hit out at section O and some of the efforts that were made (both successful and unsuccessful) at increasing support and bettering the general atmosphere at games which at the time was slightly disheartening. We were mimicked by those 'official' supporters who have done little in terms of creating a decent and prolonged atmosphere at games in recent seasons.

I dont mean to offend, but its something which I felt had to be said.

RonnieB
20/03/2009, 10:15 PM
Well now that I have got my soapbox.. I fully agree with you cabs. Not all of us can make a trip to the hole of donegal. I myself travel an hour to most home games. more than most the ******* who inhabit Longford Town itself would do. Except for the cup final lads...

Longfordian
20/03/2009, 10:36 PM
Never been a big fan of those notes either, they're far too personal and informal in my opinion, they read like a radio host giving a shout out to his friends at times. They should just be informative but not full of comments and in jokes. As above, not knocking the Supporters Club but it's something they should look at as I can see how people are getting annoyed at the inferences.

Rocky77
20/03/2009, 10:51 PM
I took umbridge at a couple of things myself, considered emailing the author but thought it best not to get dragged into anything.

RonnieB
20/03/2009, 11:00 PM
I took umbridge at a couple of things myself, considered emailing the author but thought it best not to get dragged into anything.

Sure thats half the fun

Keen2win
21/03/2009, 8:23 AM
Who is the author?

Longfordian
21/03/2009, 10:47 AM
The PRO of the Supporters Club I believe. It wouldn't be fair to name him here really.

Martinho II
21/03/2009, 1:00 PM
The PRO of the Supporters Club I believe. It wouldn't be fair to name him here really.

lads im secretary of the supporters club this season.. so that means I will be section os representative on the committee.. Cabs and rocky I know where ye are coming from. The only thing I suggest is to write in a letter of complaint about these items to the supporters club. You can address this to my attention if ye are posting it or give me the letter at the matches and I will hand this in when the supporters club have their next monthly meeting which will be at the end of this month.. ye do have a right to speak...

the writer should know of yer unhappiness on the situation in my opinion.