PDA

View Full Version : League Cup draw

pineapple stu
20/03/2009, 4:06 PM
Tullamore away. :)

Game is on 13/14 April, with the winners away to Athlone or Longford on 4/5 May.

Poor Student
20/03/2009, 4:41 PM
Gives us a decent chance of making the quarter finals. I wonder how seriously we'll take the early rounds.

Poor Student
20/03/2009, 4:46 PM
I see one cannot escape Tullamore by bus or train after 9:00pm. Do you intend to drive to this one?

John83
20/03/2009, 7:56 PM
Fun Tullamore fact:

In 1785 the town was seriously damaged when the crash of a hot air balloon resulted in a fire that burned down about 100 houses giving the town the distinction of being home to the world's first aviation disaster.

Good draw, I guess. Tullamore Town were bottom of the A League group we won last year, scoring only 4 points in 14 games and conceding an average of four goals a game! Whether they've improved much this year or not, we should be firm favourites if we field the first team. If we field a weakened team though, who knows how good the younger players are this year?

I should be back for the next round if we make it through.

pineapple stu
21/03/2009, 1:29 AM
Should be noted we won 8-0 or 9-0 in Tullamore last year in the A League, which is essentially this year's first team (plus Kilduff :) ).

But one game at a time, etc. WOuld hope this game is on the Bank Holiday Monday afternoon, in which case, I'll drive down and back.

pineapple stu
22/03/2009, 6:29 PM
I see one cannot escape Tullamore by bus or train after 9:00pm. Do you intend to drive to this one?
Probably. Can't make Monday evening probable, but Monday afternoon (Easter Monday) would be handy.

Tullamore's 70 miles away, with 45 of that on motorway. AA route planner says an hour and a half. Would you make it in 2.5 hours thruogh rush hour?

atfconline
22/03/2009, 6:40 PM
Probably. Can't make Monday evening probable, but Monday afternoon (Easter Monday) would be handy.

Tullamore's 70 miles away, with 45 of that on motorway. AA route planner says an hour and a half. Would you make it in 2.5 hours thruogh rush hour?

Motorway all the way to Kilbeggan, then it's just five minutes from there to Tullamore. Ground is easy to get to, don't need to go through the town centre.

pineapple stu
22/03/2009, 6:42 PM
Where is the ground exactly?

What's the motorway like at 6 in the evening though? Would probably leave Blackrock (maybe 20 minutes from the M50) at 5pm to try make the match if it's on Tuesday evening.

atfconline
22/03/2009, 6:51 PM
Once you clear Dublin you won't have any trouble with traffic on the motorway. The ground is at the back of an industrial estate out on the Clara Road. They have a nice set up with clubhouse/bar over-looking the pitch.

From Dublin:

At Centra Store (big square, slate fronted building, at I think the second roundabout on your way in) turn right, continue to Clara Road Roundabout and take third exit. At next roundabout take 1st exit into Business Park, continue to end of the road and turn right into Leah Victoria Park.

pineapple stu
22/03/2009, 6:54 PM
Have been out to Clara a couple of times, so if it's on the Clara road, should be OK for finding it, I'd say. Cheers.