PDA

View Full Version : Healy's Injury

tricky_colour
09/12/2003, 1:05 AM
Just seen it on TV, really, realy sickening break, over 90 degrees,
I hope I am wrong but I suspect it could be the end of his
career. I could hardly bring myself to watch it, truely sickening.
Poor lad. I do hope he can recover from it, but its going to
take a minor miracle.

the 12 th man
09/12/2003, 7:18 AM
ouch/was the offender punished?????

NorthoftheLee
09/12/2003, 8:03 AM
horrible ....mccallister was saying that all you could hear was the crack.........in the papers this morning that he's out for the season.....

get well soon Colin!!!!!!!

Pogsly
09/12/2003, 8:13 AM
Just saw the tackle on TVsssssssss3 it looks horrible and he knew himself straight away there was a problem . I read that bout McAllister too . I've broken my ankle twice as a young lad and its not pretty . There will be further problems down the road for Mr Healy I fear . Get well soon lad. It just shows how fickle football can be . Colin's international career may be over before it really started through no fault of his own while those other f*ckers (Mr's Kiely and Kelly) who desert the Irish cause prematurely finish up cause they're not playing as often as they would like when they still have a lot to offer . Its not fair dammit it just ain't fair .

NigeSausagepump
09/12/2003, 8:53 AM
Appalling for the lad in fairness, as if he didn't have enough trauma in his career to date.
Let's keep the fingers crossed that he will get back playing. God knows he's spent enough time in his senior career twiddling this thumbs on the sidelines.

tetsujin1979
09/12/2003, 9:09 AM
Have to say when I saw it I nearly got sick, the lower third of his leg was bent backwards, and I'm pretty sure the ref let play go on, and only stopped it when he realised something was wrong!

colster
09/12/2003, 12:50 PM
Absolutely sickening.
Picture of it here
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003570463,00.html

frano
09/12/2003, 2:13 PM
Was at the game. To be honest, from the angle we were at it didn't look anything like a break. Granted, we'd had a few, but nobody in our part of the ground reacted with the usual, 'ooh ya ****er, that hurt' type of reaction. The only reason we sussed it was serious is because Colin isn't the type of player to fake it.

thecorner
09/12/2003, 2:41 PM
all though i dont think much of him as a player(and that coming from a corkman), u hate to see a player get that kind of injury

looks like a long road to recovery

all the best colin healy

pete
09/12/2003, 4:08 PM
After seeing the close up angle once last night couldn't watch it again. Tells you a lot about the injury that they trying to find out today what bone he broke - ankle or shin :eek:

niamh
09/12/2003, 8:13 PM
Never nice seeing a player get that badly injured BUT if there is one good point, at least he has a permanent club with Sunderland. If it had happened while he was looking for a club during the summer, that would prob have finished him for good.

colster
09/12/2003, 9:01 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Never nice seeing a player get that badly injured BUT if there is one good point, at least he has a permanent club with Sunderland. If it had happened while he was looking for a club during the summer, that would prob have finished him for good.

Good call niamh. He has a manager who likes him a lot as well.

Gary
09/12/2003, 9:23 PM
Reminiscent of the David Buust one a few yrs back.

Got to feel really sorry for the bloke. He had just got his career back on track, playing 1st team footy week in week out and this happens.

Some folk just have no luck whasoever.

Get well soon feen.:)

Footie_Fan
09/12/2003, 9:35 PM
Sickening tackle... a disgrace. Feel very sorry for Colin.

Plastic Paddy
10/12/2003, 8:41 AM
Better news on Healy today. This from Adrian Milledge of the London Guardian:

:D PP

---

(source: The Guardian)

The chances of Sunderland's midfielder Colin Healy making a full recovery from the broken leg he sustained during Monday's match at Coventry City improved yesterday when it was established he had suffered a clean break rather than compound fracture.
The 23-year-old Republic of Ireland international spent the night in hospital in Coventry after being carried off on a stretcher following a clash with Sky Blues midfielder Youssef Safri.

He needed oxygen before being taken to hospital and there were fears his injury was similar to the one that ended the career of the Coventry defender David Busst nine years ago.

X-rays later confirmed, however, that Healy had suffered a fracture to his lower leg and that the break was clean and he will be able to return to Sunderland for treatment.

"He is comfortable in hospital in Coventry and we're hoping he'll be transferred back to Sunderland for the fracture to be dealt with," said a club spokesman.

Healy is likely to miss the rest of the season and Safri, who played alongside the Irishman when he was on-loan at Highfield Road two seasons ago, was still too upset to talk about the incident yesterday.

tiktok
10/12/2003, 2:48 PM
some good news out of it, horrible tackle.

it'll be a long road back though.

DolansWaistcoat
11/12/2003, 5:05 PM
Sick looking injury,no wonder he needed oxygen.:(

Get well soon Colin.