Schumi
20/03/2009, 9:35 AM
Reg. Ref.
D09A/0141

Application Rec’d Date:
26-Feb-2009

Applicant Name
University College Dublin

UCD Bowl, University College Dublin, Dublin Campus, Belfield, Dublin 4.

Proposal
Permission is sought to further upgrade the spectator viewing facilities, at the grounds jointly used by the UCD Rugby Club and UCD AFC Soccer Club, with associated improvements to comply with sports licensing requirements, improvements will include (i) demolition of the existing roof which partly covers the current spectator seating area, (ii) erection of a new roof to encompass all of the approved spectator seating; (iii) alterations to and extension of the facilities block situated to rear of the spectator seating (planning previously granted under reg. ref. D06A/0045) and (iv) necessary ancillary works.

Application Type
Permission
From: http://www.dlrcoco.ie/planning/planlist/2009/APPS9.htm

I wasn't sure that the new roof would actually get built but planning permission has been applied for.

pineapple stu
20/03/2009, 9:46 AM
Excellent. Will look kind of cool with that on.

DmanDmythDledge
20/03/2009, 2:05 PM
More importantly:

(iii) alterations to and extension of the facilities block situated to rear of the spectator seating (planning previously granted under reg. ref.

will mean that there will be a proper place for a shop. Good to see that is being sorted.

John83
20/03/2009, 8:03 PM
Excellent news. Any word on how it's being paid for? I assume grants are thinner on the ground than in the past.