PDA

View Full Version : Longford Town want O'Halloran

Citymark
28/09/2001, 10:17 AM
Longford Town apparently want to sign Greg O'Halloran on loan for 3 months and possibly with a view for a full time contract. O'Halloran hasn't played a competitive game so far this season.

James
28/09/2001, 10:19 AM
where did u hear that mark?

Citymark
28/09/2001, 10:24 AM
It's in todays Mirror! (essential coffee break read!). Apparently LT have a lot of their back line either injured or due to be suspended, so they think Greg would suit the bill. The Mirror is always right.....isn't it!!

James
28/09/2001, 10:31 AM
i'm going to have to adjust my coffee reading habits so and go more upmarket, cause there aint nothing bout it in The Irish Times :D

duno would greg fit the bill though!

Jim Smith
28/09/2001, 10:34 AM
So they must still be giving the Irish Times out free to students then? :D

Citymark
28/09/2001, 10:45 AM
Yeah, no EL matters in todays Times. Will check the Indie at lunch but doubt if there will be anything in it. Don't normally read the Mirror but passes a few minutes!

At this stage I think Greg will grasp this offer and head north. I don't think he wants to just play U21 games.

A face
28/09/2001, 11:40 AM
and hopefully what has happened in recent times might light that light bulb of his, his temper never did him any favours, he'll have a job getting match fit again i'd say, but when he is, it'll be a pity he will be playing with another team.

Citymark
28/09/2001, 12:37 PM
It might not work out too bad if it is only on loan. He could get back his fitness with LT and then come back to us fully fit and committed to football (with temper in check!).

I remember him playing against Bray on the opening day of the season 2 years ago (Kabia was still with us and played a blinder!). Deccie Daly made a mistake and put Greg under fierce pressure. You should have heard the abuse he gave Deccie. Us sitting in the stands were shocked, the language! I don't think Deccie ever said boo to him ever since!!

pete
28/09/2001, 3:39 PM
Theres no way Greg has a hope of dislodging Alan Carey at the moment! Carey is citys best player at the moment.

Peadar
28/09/2001, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by Citymark
It's in todays Mirror! (essential coffee break read!). Apparently LT have a lot of their back line either injured or due to be suspended, so they think Greg would suit the bill. The Mirror is always right.....isn't it!!

If Michael Scully wrote it then the chances are that it will happen sooner rather than later. Mick is restricted to the amount of column space he gets so he doesn't waste it on idle gossip. Hopefully he doesn't go before we play them again in a few weeks because he'd probably play a blinder and we lose to the Midlanders once more.

A face
28/09/2001, 3:45 PM
Point there, Carey and Horgan are on fire, there is no moving them, It is Derek and Deccie i would be more worried about, (i am not putting them down)

Greg did playing midfield for a while at one stage, how about him going in there, from what i remember he was fairly alright. He was playing Beside Patsie i think.

Gareth Williams
28/09/2001, 5:14 PM
And from what ive seen of carey , he would be almost better on the wing rather than wing back. Greg and Carey on the right. Sounds good to me.

And i have heasrd alotta people say that Carey is a midfielder and not a defender.

But I spose if it aint broken.................

pete
28/09/2001, 10:18 PM
Moving Carey to midfield could ruin him like it has done for Colin O'Brien?

joe
29/09/2001, 10:27 AM
Carey played most of his youths and reserves football, that I saw anyway, at centre-back, so I wouldn't be too quick to throw him into midfield.

SÓC
29/09/2001, 11:26 AM
Carey is by far the best City player so far this season, strange that when he returned from Holidays the results started to come, however he is a defender with the abiliity to send in the best crosses in the Eircom League, however still a defender.

He should be encouraged to get forward as much as posiable but a switch to midfield would not suit him e.g. Webb of Bohs

Everything good so far this season has come through Hoggie and Carey, how long til Leicester get their dirty hands on them????

Gareth Williams
29/09/2001, 3:02 PM
I think Leicester wont bother with them as they are kind of old to go cross channel now. Selfishly I hope they dont leave City, but i'm sure both would jump at the chance.

Wait and see i spose.

joe
29/09/2001, 11:35 PM
Tonights Echo says Longford have been given permission to talk to Greg and he's available for free.

No doubt he'll join them in time to hammer us in a fortnight!