PDA

View Full Version : Fanzines

Angus
17/03/2009, 6:51 PM
You guys still running a fanzine ? Can you PM me to discuss ?

John83
17/03/2009, 7:13 PM
You guys still running a fanzine ? Can you PM me to discuss ?
New issues of One F in Longford appears roughly biannually Angus. And by biannually, I mean every second year. The Section O guys are lazier than unionised teamsters. :)

Angus
17/03/2009, 9:28 PM
OK let's make this easier - are we not only the longets running fanzine in Ireland but posisbly the only fanzine...... ?

DmanDmythDledge
17/03/2009, 9:32 PM
OK let's make this easier - are we not only the longets running fanzine in Ireland but posisbly the only fanzine...... ?
Limerick have one. Cork have one too, might have a second even.

LeixlipRed
17/03/2009, 10:12 PM
Ah will you ever stop Angus. The fanzine at Shels is the longest running one.

John83
17/03/2009, 10:15 PM
Limerick have one. Cork have one too, might have a second even.
"I was out there once" or IWOTO is the current Cork one, I think. It's run since slightly before 4-5-1 stopped.

Is Shels' one still running? I thought it was just infrequent.

Is "Down to the River" (Harps) gone?

Schumi is usually on top of these things.

Sorry Longfordians, we're kind of staging an invasion of your subforum here. Perhaps a mod would kindly move this to the league subforum and rename it "Fanzines" or something?

EDIT: Lexlip Red is right, their one is longer running. I'm nearly sure STIG has more issues though.

pineapple stu
18/03/2009, 12:39 PM
Red Inc started a year or two before us. We caught up on issues fairly quickly though.

LeixlipRed
18/03/2009, 2:29 PM
Red Inc is still going just, as you mentioned, infrequently. Next issue due in two weeks I believe.

tiktok
18/03/2009, 2:35 PM
"I was out there once" or IWOTO is the current Cork one, I think. It's run since slightly before 4-5-1 stopped.

Cork City have two separate [roughly] monthly fanzines;
IWOTO and Going Commando.
There's a further, rarely seen, but very good one called 'Spreadin the Dirt'

sorbothegreek
18/03/2009, 4:02 PM
We did 2 'One f's' last year.

I used to put it together myself but i'm looking for someone else to take it on this year..

Martinho II
18/03/2009, 7:01 PM
We did 2 'One f's' last year.

I used to put it together myself but i'm looking for someone else to take it on this year..

trouble is this year that the editor and the contributors to the fanzine are contributing to the match program this year. new blood is needed badly to keep it ticking over..

RonnieB
18/03/2009, 11:32 PM
im sure we can manage one issue... its not as if my creative toxic juices are being overly taxed..

kingdom hoop
19/03/2009, 1:41 AM
its not as if my creative toxic juices are being overly taxed..

Oh yeah? In that case, I hereby propose for the consideration of the Executive that, alongside a tax on text messaging, a tax be put on Ronnie's creative toxic juices! :D