View Full Version : MNS - Series 2 '09

Pages : [1] 2

A face
16/03/2009, 6:44 PM
MNS - Series 2 '09

www.rte.ie/mns

mns@rte.ie

MNS Fanscope

From Republic of Ireland call 1512 456 444.
From Northern Ireland call 0901 1224 450.

Maroon 7
16/03/2009, 7:00 PM
The voiceover guy from any Guy Ritchie film is back.

Maroon 7
16/03/2009, 7:08 PM
Roddy is a real ray of sunlight tonight.

eamo1
16/03/2009, 7:09 PM
Shut up Roddy,you bitter plank

A N Mouse
16/03/2009, 7:12 PM
Roddy is a real ray of sunlight tonight.

Go on Roddy ya good ting!

Course it doesn't matter sure pat the rat already told us TWICE this season that he doesn't care what anyone thinks

passinginterest
16/03/2009, 7:31 PM
I hope ye all spotted the handsome chap purchasing a scarf in the Rovers club shop!

Tir Oilean
16/03/2009, 7:37 PM
Jaysis the camera work at Tallaght was woeful. Doesnt seem like there are any camera areas ready.

Saddlier talking about Pats starting newbies against Galway jesus man let it go you'd swear they were the only team in the league with new signings playing in the first game of the season. tut tut

micls
16/03/2009, 7:39 PM
Oh Jesus.....bring back 60

Tir Oilean
16/03/2009, 7:39 PM
Oh **** bring back 60 with Jackie Hurley

Maynard
16/03/2009, 7:40 PM
I hope ye all spotted the handsome chap purchasing a scarf in the Rovers club shop!

Spotted that!

WTF are they at with the "Kareoke King"?! Woeful:rolleyes:

sligofan4ever
16/03/2009, 7:46 PM
Jesus I preferred 60! Are they not showing thunderstrike ?

Tir Oilean
16/03/2009, 7:47 PM
Roddy doesnt half blow his own trumpet. He's really trying to get himself back on the merry-go-round

Iorfa2MaccaJim
16/03/2009, 8:19 PM
Yeah I miss 60.

I have to say, I like the " Kareoke King " thing.

But I have to say, I think Thunderstrike is just a poor substitute for The Crossbar Challange.

the-blue-harp
16/03/2009, 9:00 PM
everyone always has something to complain about!! :D

e mail the show and tell them you want sixy60 back, posting it here just makes ya look like a moaning old git!!:)

oldyouth
16/03/2009, 9:18 PM
Are they selling Youths stuff in it Mr Passing?

oldyouth
16/03/2009, 9:19 PM
Have to say the Terryland surface looked lovely

Umberside
16/03/2009, 9:34 PM
I think it was good tonight, Roddy tried to steal the show again.

I was surprised they didn't start with the Rovers game. They even put Galway and Dundalk on before it:confused:

Possibly they could have a live phone-in for the fanscope section (just an idea though).

The highlight was Alan Cawley on the Karaoke King. Never mind how bad the singing was, that hairstyle was well naff!

atfconline
16/03/2009, 9:44 PM

When we were down there for the match against Mervue, the pitch was all pushed towards the new stand side, and the dugouts were on the old stand side.

It was all reversed again for the Galway/Dundalk game. What's going on there?

passinginterest
16/03/2009, 9:50 PM
Are they selling Youths stuff in it Mr Passing?

Sadly no. Umbro and Rovers merchandise only. I was temporarily lending my support to my friendly neighbourhood club :D

Denis The Red
16/03/2009, 9:56 PM
everyone always has something to complain about!! :D

e mail the show and tell them you want sixy60 back, posting it here just makes ya look like a moaning old git!!:)

Nah, it's easier to be a moaning old git, someone always listens. 60 was crap, karaoke king... worse. C'mon lads, come up with something better.

Maroon 7
16/03/2009, 10:17 PM

Fantastic surface alright but will be interesting to see how it holds up this season with the extra games Mervue will bring.

Razors left peg
16/03/2009, 10:26 PM
Fantastic surface alright but will be interesting to see how it holds up this season with the extra games Mervue will bring.

Theres gonna be less junior games there because of that I think

Rovers1
16/03/2009, 10:34 PM
where the hell was the interview with a Rovers official!! ****in RTE Shams love in!!

Guitd
16/03/2009, 11:06 PM
When we were down there for the match against Mervue, the pitch was all pushed towards the new stand side, and the dugouts were on the old stand side.

It was all reversed again for the Galway/Dundalk game. What's going on there?

its called pitch management -because there are so many games played there the pitch is in a different position during the winter months and is moved back for the league of ireland season with dug outs on other side of pitch gives new goal areas,lineman runs etc

Dunny
16/03/2009, 11:21 PM
Waiting for it to be put online.

Jicked
17/03/2009, 9:28 AM
where the hell was the interview with a Rovers official!! ****in RTE Shams love in!!

Yeah I wonder why they did that?! Can't think of anything that went on down Rovers way this week.

Are you a bit slow?

Terry
17/03/2009, 9:35 AM

mervue reckon that they will be back playing up in fahys field by the end of April, IIRC.

eirebhoy
17/03/2009, 11:32 AM
I'm watching this and they've covered 2 games so far. No replays of the goals or sending off. The commentary is just a news report. At least watching motd you can get a good idea of how a match went, who played well, etc. With this show we're just going on what people are saying. We might as well be reading match reports in the paper.

/Typical Ed Saul getting his head on telly. ;)

Rovers1
17/03/2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah I wonder why they did that?! Can't think of anything that went on down Rovers way this week.

Are you a bit slow?

slow? yes quite possibly.

But it was still 11 v 11...2 teams, and they only got the views of the game from the Shamrock side, we never got a mention at all!:(

A face
17/03/2009, 12:56 PM

But it was still 11 v 11...2 teams, and they only got the views of the game from the Shamrock side, we never got a mention at all!:(

email them and let them know, or contact the fanscope hotline and let them know what you think.

Rovers1
17/03/2009, 1:13 PM
email them

aye, i did last night.

Jicked
17/03/2009, 1:26 PM

The league of ireland is a bitter place, but Sligo Rovers fans on here have to be the most bitter, which is really saying something.

Do you really think the viewing public would have preferred an in-depth treatise on that full back sh!tting himself every time the ball came to him, or a look at the newest infrastructure in the league and the biggest story to hit the LoI in a long time, a stadium two decades in the making for the biggest and perhaps biggest draw in the league.

MSN and RTÉ don't owe some duty to you or your club meaning they have to get a fascinating quote from Paul Cook illuminating to the general public that 'at the end of the day it was a game of two halves and he's delighted with the effort put in but its time to cut out the silly mistakes and I dont mean to criticise the referee, but at the end of the day...'
Quite clearly the story wasn't about Sligo that day, either on or off the pitch. I don't think MNS will be destraught at your email whining about not getting a soundbite from a player/manager in one of the 30 odd episodes this season.

Rovers1
17/03/2009, 1:32 PM
The league of ireland is a bitter place, but Sligo Rovers fans on here have to be the most bitter, which is really saying something.

:D what a rant!!!

My point simply was asking why there was no Sligo Rovers official/players view.

Little time to be at nothin' ha?

Jicked
17/03/2009, 1:35 PM
Because the entire piece was clearly about the opening of a new stadium which off the pitch had nothing to do with Sligo. On the pitch, Sligo were hardly in the game. The viewing public wouldn't have really given a toss about what Sligo officials had to say about an ocassion not really about them, and so they quite rightly spent extra time showing the new stadium and the people affected by it.
But instead you email in a complaint because you didn't get to hear Cook say the stadium was lovely and best of luck to Shamrock Rovers.

Rovers1
17/03/2009, 1:38 PM
Because the entire piece was clearly about the opening of a new stadium which off the pitch had nothing to do with Sligo. On the pitch, Sligo were hardly in the game. The viewing public wouldn't have really given a toss about what Sligo officials had to say about an ocassion not really about them, and so they quite rightly spent extra time showing the new stadium and the people affected by it.
But instead you email in a complaint because you didn't get to hear Cook say the stadium was lovely and best of luck to Shamrock Rovers.

Well in fairness, if it was the other way round and it was Shamrock who were the off form side on the night, i would like to know what Mr. O Neill had to say about it:confused:

But hey, im slow, what do i know;)

Angus
17/03/2009, 3:14 PM
never mind that sligo nonsense, what was that car crash tv with the karaoeke ?

sligoman
17/03/2009, 3:47 PM
I worry about some people on here, Jicked come on like! 1 game, 2 teams. Whatever about all the pre-match stuff showing Shams but not to have an interview with someone from Rovers was a joke.

Jicked
17/03/2009, 3:54 PM
The only joke is the massive chip on Sligo fans shoulders. Everything from your refusal to even refer to them as "Shamrock Rovers" to some fans on here wanting the hoops to lose their gaa case, seemingly because they both share the term 'rovers' is cringeworthy.

The game wasn't about Sligo in the end, it wasn't an ordinary league meeting between the two in the great scheme of things, and even more unordinary if you're the producers of a TV show trying to look for the odd "angle" to make your show look fresh. If you want Cook's opinion check your website.
If at the end of the season Shamrock Rovers are playing the champions elect in a dead rubber of a game, and afterwards MNS decide to focus on the presentation of a trophy, celebrations of the champions or a recap of their season I can't see any Rovers suffering from such an inferiority complex that they complain about not hearing their manager's comments on how delighted he is for team x to have won the league.

Red&White Rover
17/03/2009, 6:30 PM
Everything from your refusal to even refer to them as "Shamrock Rovers" seemingly because they both share the term 'rovers' is cringeworthy.

How DARE we not call them Rovers. The bare faced cheek of us to call our own team "Rovers" and point blank REFUSE to call another team by the same name.

We are just ungrateful.

Angus
17/03/2009, 6:49 PM
How DARE we not call them Rovers. The bare faced cheek of us to call our own team "Rovers" and point blank REFUSE to call another team by the same name.

We are just ungrateful.

Lads - relax - we're not making a Western over here (Junior Soprano series 1). By the way, has anybody noticed that Jackie's 60 is gone and replaced by some karaoke nonsense ?

mrtndvn
17/03/2009, 7:00 PM
By the way, has anybody noticed that Jackie's 60 is gone

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ROS/SPL-3153~Titanic-Sinks-Posters.jpg

Jicked
17/03/2009, 7:09 PM

We are just ungrateful.

That's not my point, I was saying Sligo fans make a point of only calling the hoops "Shamrock" or the "Shams", very rarely Shamrock Rovers, and are constantly posting cringey comments about being the real rovers etc. Talk about small time stuff.

KR's Post
17/03/2009, 7:14 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ROS/SPL-3153~Titanic-Sinks-Posters.jpg

Quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day!

Red&White Rover
17/03/2009, 8:02 PM
That's not my point, I was saying Sligo fans make a point of only calling the hoops "Shamrock" or the "Shams", very rarely Shamrock Rovers, and are constantly posting cringey comments about being the real rovers etc. Talk about small time stuff.

Well we're hardly going to call two teams Rovers now are we?

brianw82
17/03/2009, 8:09 PM
That's not my point, I was saying Sligo fans make a point of only calling the hoops "Shamrock" or the "Shams", very rarely Shamrock Rovers,

If you mention 'The Rovers' in Sligo, people presume you're talking about Sligo Rovers. Every team's name gets shortened in Ireland (unless you're Bray), so Shams it is. Shamrock Rovers are known as Rovers everywhere else.

and are constantly posting cringey comments about being the real rovers etc. Talk about small time stuff.

I've never partaken in that myself. It's a bit sad alright.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/03/2009, 1:15 PM

We're hardly going to call them rovers now are we. I severly doubt Shams (don't have a hissy fit cause I dared shorten their name) go around calling us rovers or even Sligo rovers. I would presume they generally refer to us as Sligo (or sheep shaggers or whatever).

Are you going to have a go at people who dare say Bohs, Pats, Shels etc now?

sligoman
18/03/2009, 1:19 PM
email them and let them knowFrom experience, MNS don't seem to respond to any emails of criticism. They just reply to the ones complementing them.

Block G Raptor
18/03/2009, 2:08 PM
emailed a photo of myself, me da and mini raptor2 on the dalyier pitch at mR2's christening so keep an eye out for it

A face
18/03/2009, 4:53 PM
From experience, MNS don't seem to respond to any emails of criticism. They just reply to the ones complementing them.

No man, i have got a good few replies with answers stating why they wont do something, why they cant, or if they simply haven't consider it yet.

They are fairly timely as well in reply it has to be said. They dont always say what you want to hear but I cant fault them for replying.

sligoman
18/03/2009, 9:15 PM
No man, i have got a good few replies with answers stating why they wont do something, why they cant, or if they simply haven't consider it yet.

They are fairly timely as well in reply it has to be said. They dont always say what you want to hear but I cant fault them for replying.So why haven't I got a reply yet then? Neither has Rovers1 who sent the email the same night.