PDA

View Full Version : Another new signing

Éanna
09/06/2001, 12:21 PM
Well, seems as if City are making up for the lack of signings in the last few years. According to todays Star, we've signed Conor O'Grady (ex Ireland U-21) from Sligo Rovers. I don't remember seeing the guy play, but I do recall hearing good things about him. Pretty sure he's a striker as well- that makes 4 new strikers sigend this season! No fee mentioned in the paper.

Neil
09/06/2001, 12:28 PM
I might be mixing him up with someone else, but the last I heard of him he had given up soccer to concentrate on GAA with his club in Sligo.

I also heard he was very good so lets hope the Star are right. Was there a 'Reliability Rating' on the piece!

Éanna
09/06/2001, 1:20 PM
Yeah I heard that about him going to the GAA as well. Anyways, all it says is: "Meanwhile, Irish U-21 international Conor O'Grady has signed for Cork City from Sligo Rovers"

Daniel McD
09/06/2001, 4:17 PM
He's a midfielder

joe
09/06/2001, 5:18 PM
eircom's football site (http://mmm.eircom.ie/soccer/eircomleague/news/index.asp?StoryId=3881&PageCount=-20) also have the story.

yan
09/06/2001, 10:53 PM
last year i went on hols and meet a few lads from dublin,they are very good friends wit jimmy mulligan(this is when he was a harps player),but after he signed for city a few weeks later he came into the shop in where i worked and i got chatting to him and he told me city were trying to sign o'grady back then as a midfielder but according to mulligan he's not good enough at this level and more importantly not good enough for city,HIS words not mine,u heard it here 1st

rebel yell
10/06/2001, 4:27 PM
if he's not good enuff for Sligo rovers- he 's not good enuff for us,
NUFF SAID!

gustavo
11/07/2001, 12:07 AM
he left da rovers of his own occord to play gaelic last autumn cos his local GAA team helped get him a job in dublin
has the talent anyway just a matter of dedication
fair play to him anyway he is in the sligo senoir gaelic panel the one that beat kildare last saturday in croke park!!