PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Allen

Jersey Cow
16/03/2009, 1:06 PM
........I heard a whisper that Tommy hs been put forward to take over as President of Bohs!!!..........:ball::D

Rovers1
16/03/2009, 1:41 PM
our new president is Philip Hannigan,anyone heard of him?

eh....didnt he used to be yer Chairman?:confused:

Kildareman
16/03/2009, 2:59 PM
I wonder which club will have Bernard Madoff as their President?

Dalymountrower
17/03/2009, 8:27 AM
........I heard a whisper that Tommy hs been put forward to take over as President of Bohs!!!..........:ball::D

Well to date it has been established from your previous posts that the whispers that you hear are the constant voices in your head. You need help.

For the information of everyone else, Bohs Presidents are elected by the Membership.

Buile Shuibhne
17/03/2009, 8:53 AM
Tommy sponsors most Dublin clubs.

He's even been involved with Drogs at one stage.

He's a sponsors version of Mad Tom :eek:

BohDiddley
18/03/2009, 12:32 PM
Well to date it has been established from your previous posts that the whispers that you hear are the constant voices in your head. You need help.

For the information of everyone else, Bohs Presidents are elected by the Membership.

Wouldn't be surprised if he were to be mooted or actually put up as a candidate just to confuse things.

pineapple stu
18/03/2009, 12:35 PM
He's a sponsors version of Mad Tom :eek:
Tommy Allen is useful though.

eh....didnt he used to be yer Chairman?:confused:
Yeah, Hannigan used to be Bray's chairman. Has also been involved in club sponsorship deals too. Been with the club for years in one way or another, although I think he had stepped aside recently.

BrayUnknowns
19/03/2009, 1:27 PM
our new president is Philip Hannigan,anyone heard of him?

Are you serious ? :eek:

Philip Hannigan has been a great supporter of Bray for many many years, he is a former chairman of the club and was our previous jersey sponsor - Hard Metal.

I'd be very surprise if Tommy went in at that level at Bohs, from speaking to him he hates and i mean hates the people that run bohs. I thought he was quite involved with Dundalk and on the board with Newry ?

pineapple stu
19/03/2009, 3:08 PM
He was looking at buying part of Dundalk, Newry and Coleraine I think.

Mr A
19/03/2009, 4:53 PM
He was looking at buying part of Dundalk, Newry and Coleraine I think.

Bloody hell.

Waybe Rooney is to prostitutes what that bloke is to towns to invest in.

corkharps
19/03/2009, 6:10 PM
What's Foster going to do when Allen's off buying football clubs? :confused:

RĂ©iteoir
20/03/2009, 6:48 AM
What's Foster going to do when Allen's off buying football clubs? :confused:

concentrate on brewing some more poor quality fake Australian lager?

CuanaD
20/03/2009, 9:49 AM
Finally, i have to ask

who IS Tommy Allen then?

Sheridan
20/03/2009, 9:55 AM
This would be a bit of a puzzling appointment. As much as I admire Tommy Allen's commitment to Irish football, he doesn't exactly strike me as someone who returned from the sanity buffet with a fully-laden tray.

pineapple stu
20/03/2009, 10:42 AM
Finally, i have to ask

who IS Tommy Allen then?
You'll see him around. Long hair, usually wearing a hat, probably in his 50s, usually buys out raffle ticket sellers (used to buy twenty quid's worth at a go in Belfield), goes to a fair few games (I saw him at a Newry game once). owns a pharmacy, I think. Fairly minted (he told me what his pension was worth at our club dinner last year; not passing on that information obviously!). Sponsored three of our players last year, and I've seen his ad in the Bohs programme before. Keep an eye out; you'll see signs of him.

Buile Shuibhne
20/03/2009, 12:34 PM
Tommy Allen's Pharmacy in Ballybough (he may have other premises?)

According to himself - he bought a lower league club in the Czech Republic (or one of those central European countries) last year.

He'll also tell you that he plans on buying himself a new liver in the US very soon :eek:

Dodge
20/03/2009, 12:39 PM
This would be a bit of a puzzling appointment. As much as I admire Tommy Allen's commitment to Irish football, he doesn't exactly strike me as someone who returned from the sanity buffet with a fully-laden tray.

Sounds perfectly suited to this league

Mr A
20/03/2009, 12:40 PM
He'll also tell you that he plans on buying himself a new liver in the US very soon :eek:

That sort of forward planning surely rules him out of involvement with any league of Ireland club.

pineapple stu
20/03/2009, 1:06 PM
According to himself - he bought a lower league club in the Czech Republic (or one of those central European countries) last year.
4th division team in Slovakia, I think it was.

I'd also note that the original poster isn't exactly the most reputable rumour base.

Jersey Cow
20/03/2009, 4:07 PM
Devinska Nova Ves is the club Tommy bought in Slovakia....check that out Pineapple and see how reputable it is....:rolleyes:

pineapple stu
20/03/2009, 4:10 PM
Jay O'Shea and Owen Morrison to Bohs, you reckon?

Plenty more gems in your post history. ;)

Jersey Cow
20/03/2009, 4:11 PM
Yes and that would have materialised had Bohs not hit trouble...
any other questions pineapple??

pineapple stu
20/03/2009, 4:15 PM
I like this (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=1058491&postcount=105) one too. Or maybe Helsingborgs, Sligo, Linfield, Dundee United, Pat's and Linfield again all hit trouble?

Jersey Cow
20/03/2009, 4:25 PM
Psychotic tendancies there have you??....holy God you would be better off giving your students encouragement!!:eek:.....don't rule out Behan to Linfield yet!:D

BohsPartisan
21/03/2009, 7:28 PM
He may go for it for he has delusions of grandeur but he won't win the vote. You should have seen the shirt he was wearing last night, massive frilly thing and a cowboy hat. Nutter.

Dalymountrower
21/03/2009, 8:27 PM
He may go for it for he has delusions of grandeur Nutter.

You`re talking about Jersey Cow , right?

Poor Student
22/03/2009, 9:41 AM
I remember I got stuck with him at the bus stop in Belfield after a game a couple of year ago. He was telling me a few transfer rumours about Bohs. None came to fruition except Ken Oman. When I asked him his source he said "Sure Ken told me to get him back to Bohs, didn't he?" as if he was obviously the mover and shaker of all things in Irish football. He's more than welcome to throw money at Irish soccer but God help you if you actually get stuck listening to him.

Dalymountrower
22/03/2009, 9:58 AM
I remember I got stuck with him at the bus stop in Belfield after a game a couple of year ago. He was telling me a few transfer rumours about Bohs. None came to fruition except Ken Oman. When I asked him his source he said "Sure Ken told me to get him back to Bohs, didn't he?" as if he was obviously the mover and shaker of all things in Irish football. He's more than welcome to throw money at Irish soccer but God help you if you actually get stuck listening to him.

We are still talking about Jersey Cow?

cheech
23/03/2009, 8:49 PM
I like the sound of this guy!

sonofstan
25/03/2009, 4:00 PM
He'll also tell you that he plans on buying himself a new liver in the US very soon

That sort of forward planning surely rules him out of involvement with any league of Ireland club.

Maybe he plans to fund the new liver by selling the old one. twice.

Buile Shuibhne
10/04/2009, 2:56 PM
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1175