PDA

View Full Version : Poisonous dwarf is at it again...

Pages : [1] 2

Jersey Cow
16/03/2009, 12:46 PM
"Everybody brings that up [our recent record against Derry], but I don't care. If we don't beat them again this year but finish 23 points ahead of them again I'll be happy. We beat them in the FAI Cup final and people seem to forget that"....said Pat Fenlon...

Speaking after Friday's game, Derry manager Stephen Kenny described Bohs' performance as their best against his side since Fenlon took over at Dalymount. Responding to Kenny's comments, Fenlon said: "Well that's nice of him considering he's spoke non-stop about us playing long balls. But like I said last week, I'm not too worried about what other people have to say about my team."

What kind of a clown is Fenlon....he will NEVER be the manager never mind the man that Stephen Keny is....bitter little dwarf AKA chequebook manager!!

Ceirtlis
16/03/2009, 12:53 PM
A little ****** he is but he has a very good record to back it up. He is dead right to say what he did.

Black and White
16/03/2009, 12:55 PM
Hes at it every week, last week he had digs at Sean Connor and then slating our club for the pitch, it wasnt the pitch, it was all out clusb fault blah blah blah hes a clown.

LeixlipRed
16/03/2009, 12:56 PM
What kind of a clown is Fenlon....he will NEVER be the manager never mind the man that Stephen Keny is....bitter little dwarf AKA chequebook manager!!

But Kenny has never won a league whereas Fenlon has 4 titles? How people can criticise Fenlon's record is beyond me.

LeixlipRed
16/03/2009, 12:56 PM
Hes at it every week, last week he had digs at Sean Connor and then slating our club for the pitch, it wasnt the pitch, it was all out clusb fault blah blah blah hes a clown.

Connor you mean surely?? :cool:

Boo_Boy
16/03/2009, 1:02 PM
I thought you meant Sean Connor by saying Poisonous Dwarf..

MariborKev
16/03/2009, 1:06 PM
But Kenny has never won a league whereas Fenlon has 4 titles? How people can criticise Fenlon's record is beyond me.

I'll think you'll find he has won the League.

Pedicantically I would claim he has won two, as the 2006 League title should have been ours. But that's an aside for another day.

However no-one is criticising his records, his behaviour reeks of "small man" syndrome.

Jersey Cow
16/03/2009, 1:09 PM
Leixlip Red how many clubs has Stephen Kenny busted????...whereas good old Pat has two to his name already the horrible poisonous dwarf...

Mayo Red
16/03/2009, 3:01 PM
I thought you meant Sean Connor by saying Poisonous Dwarf..

Same as, that was the first name that I thought of too!

LeixlipRed
16/03/2009, 3:07 PM
I'll think you'll find he has won the League.

Pedicantically I would claim he has won two, as the 2006 League title should have been ours. But that's an aside for another day.

However no-one is criticising his records, his behaviour reeks of "small man" syndrome.

Ah with Bohs of course. And don't you mean we should have won it by even more in 2006? With Dublin City and all? Poor you, hanging on to the times you almost won the league :o

LeixlipRed
16/03/2009, 3:08 PM
Leixlip Red how many clubs has Stephen Kenny busted????...whereas good old Pat has two to his name already the horrible poisonous dwarf...

Ollie Byrne was responsible for the financial ineptitude of that period. Not Pat Fenlon

niallsparky
16/03/2009, 3:21 PM
Ollie Byrne was responsible for the financial ineptitude of that period. Not Pat Fenlon

Agreed. As is the case with our current board. The simple fact is that a manager's job is to get results and win trophies. Fenlon has proven to be much better than Stephen Kenny at that, end of story. Fenlon can spout all the rubbish in the media he wants as long as he backs it up on the pitch, which he does.

SkStu
16/03/2009, 3:22 PM
Lads, i wouldnt even bother.

Rovers fan
16/03/2009, 3:30 PM

A manager can't bust a club

Dalymountrower
16/03/2009, 4:02 PM

Seaneen,
You must be under pressure in Dundalk if you are (again) trying to project on to Fenlon. .

SMorgan
16/03/2009, 4:37 PM

Yes but I'd love to see Fenlon win a league at a club that isn't spending well beyond what they can afford.

Besides, Sean Connor won last year's league and cup for Bohs!!

MariborKev
16/03/2009, 4:40 PM
Could either of them win a League without spending more than a club could afford?

SligoBrewer
16/03/2009, 5:31 PM

Why couldn't he win it the year before so?

Did he get a bad batch of letters from Steve Bruce?

Leejo
16/03/2009, 6:35 PM
With all the players that wouldn't have been there had he still been there? Quality :D

SkStu
16/03/2009, 6:48 PM

jesus, he's really sold the Dundalk louts a load of nonsense and they've fallen for it hook, line and sinker...

Hairy Bowsie
16/03/2009, 6:58 PM
The only bitterness on here that i can see is from Derry fans.

A face
16/03/2009, 9:12 PM

In a nutshell

The only bitterness on here that i can see is from Derry fans.

You're forgetting Fenlon, he seems bitter too doesn't he

SkStu
16/03/2009, 9:17 PM
You're forgetting Fenlon, he seems bitter too doesn't he

bitter? no. Surely that requires having something to be bitter about?

cranky? yes.
arrogant? a little.

hallmarks of a good manager if you ask me.

LeixlipRed
16/03/2009, 9:55 PM

You have to be on the wind up. Classic stuff. You do know while you were posting that Connor slept with your mother and sold the deeds to your house? Also, he stole all your clothes :o ;)

Hairy Bowsie
16/03/2009, 10:48 PM

cranky? yes.
arrogant? a little.

Not often i'd agree with a Bohs fan.

dcfcsteve
16/03/2009, 11:39 PM

cranky? yes.
arrogant? a little.

hallmarks of a good manager if you ask me.

Fenlon is bitter towards City, as he bottled it up there. He realised the chequebook wasn't going to be cranked open wide enough for him to buy another title, so he did a runner using his family as an excuse.

Ever since then he's been looking to knock Derry. So he has plenty to be bitter about.

SkStu
17/03/2009, 1:00 AM
none of the above makes him "bitter", it probably just makes him relieved more than anything. If he'd got fired after doing a decent job then he'd have something to be bitter about.

Otherwise, no, he's not bitter - he just hates Derry.

SMorgan
17/03/2009, 6:10 AM
jesus, he's really sold the Dundalk louts a load of nonsense and they've fallen for it hook, line and sinker...

Ar its only that he's come into a lot of money recently. When he spends it, he'll do just fine.;)

OneRedArmy
17/03/2009, 7:31 AM
The only bitterness on here that i can see is from Derry fans....and yourself of course. Anyone need only look up your post history to see you spend most of your time obsessing about a team that aren't even in your division.

Whatever way you look at it, Fenlon failed in a spectacular way at Derry and he's searching for excuses.

He'll get a lot more credit as a manager if he can win trophies when he's not hugely outspending the competition. Given Bohs situation, he should be getting that chance soon.

Terry
17/03/2009, 9:02 AM
Ar its only that he's come into a lot of money recently. When he spends it, he'll do just fine.;)

ya, but at that stage he'll be managing a different club.

dcfcsteve
17/03/2009, 11:26 AM
Whatever way you look at it, Fenlon failed in a spectacular way at Derry and he's searching for excuses.

Bingo.

City exposed him for what he is - a chequebook manager. Hence he has a bitter little chip on his shoulder about the club and is keen to run it down.

It's sooo obvious that it's cringe-worthy...:o

sullanefc
17/03/2009, 12:04 PM
Fenlon is at this again? Why am I not surprised. He is some tool. Chequebook manager that refuses to play good football, despite his resources. Roddy got it spot-on, on mns last night.

sonofstan
17/03/2009, 12:06 PM
Bingo.

City exposed him for what he is - a chequebook manager. Hence he has a bitter little chip on his shoulder about the club and is keen to run it down.

It's sooo obvious that it's cringe-worthy...:o

I don't know why Fenlon failed at Derry, and i don't really care: but our success last season wasn't chequebook management, and this constant canard, usually from the NW, is sad cover for your own failure to come within - what was it? 20 odd points of us. Richie Sadlier has the grace to accept that we stomped over everybody last year without spending anymore than at least three other clubs (at least up to the the point where two of those clubs had difficulty trading). Fenlon operated last year with pretty much that same team as SC the year before - there were only two 'big' signings pre-season - Byrne and Brennan - the latter did make a difference, but Jayo was hardly an ever-present performer.

Instead, PF got performances from the like of Burns, O' Donnell and crucially, Fenn, that SC couldn't - because he hasn't a clue about fitness or motivation. Best manager in this league by a distance, although Kenny and Cook are at least in the same division.

And he has earned the right not to care about what others say about him.

LeixlipRed
17/03/2009, 12:31 PM
I reckon Fenlon would read this thread, possibly get a little angry and then catch a glint of a reflection in his laptop screen, turn around and take in the 4 league titles sitting on his mantle. And then conclude that you all know nothing.

A face
17/03/2009, 12:37 PM
our success last season wasn't chequebook management

Ah come off it now willya? Most of us here realise it and you trying to deny it makes you look bad. If he is not a chequebook manager then i dont know who is.

A face
17/03/2009, 12:40 PM
I reckon Fenlon would read this thread, possibly get a little angry and then catch a glint of a reflection in his laptop screen, turn around and take in the 4 league titles sitting on his mantle. And then conclude that you all know nothing.

Its scary the fact that you know the layout of PD (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=113967)s gaff and know where the reflection will be. Can we ask what exactly is your relationship is to him? :eek:

MariborKev
17/03/2009, 12:55 PM
this constant canard, usually from the NW, is sad cover for your own failure to come within - what was it? 20 odd points of us.

Catch yerself on.

Kenny has consistently referred to the fact that Bohs were far and away the best side in the division last year.

Fair play to youse, ye put everyone else out of sight.

RĂ©iteoir
17/03/2009, 12:56 PM
I don't know why Fenlon failed at Derry, and i don't really care: but our success last season wasn't chequebook management, and this constant canard, usually from the NW, is sad cover for your own failure to come within - what was it? 20 odd points of us. Richie Sadlier has the grace to accept that we stomped over everybody last year without spending anymore than at least three other clubs (at least up to the the point where two of those clubs had difficulty trading). Fenlon operated last year with pretty much that same team as SC the year before - there were only two 'big' signings pre-season - Byrne and Brennan - the latter did make a difference, but Jayo was hardly an ever-present performer.

Instead, PF got performances from the like of Burns, O' Donnell and crucially, Fenn, that SC couldn't - because he hasn't a clue about fitness or motivation. Best manager in this league by a distance, although Kenny and Cook are at least in the same division.

And he has earned the right not to care about what others say about him.

To paraphrase the peerless Brian Clough:

"Well, I ask him which way he thinks it should be done, we get down to it, we talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right."

MariborKev
17/03/2009, 12:56 PM
If he is not a chequebook manager then i dont know who is.

Definition of a chequebook manager? Paul Doolin.

A face
17/03/2009, 12:59 PM

Agreed, but he is not sputtering out poison in every interview so far this season. The PD is, hence this thread ;)

Sam_Heggy
17/03/2009, 1:11 PM

All thats needed now is for him to come out and say that fans "wouldn't know if a ball was blown up or stuffed". Well thats what our manager would say anyhow :o

sullanefc
17/03/2009, 1:49 PM

No argument there.

Hairy Bowsie
17/03/2009, 2:15 PM
...and yourself of course. Anyone need only look up your post history to see you spend most of your time obsessing about a team that aren't even in your division.

Really? Who is that?

Anyway, i'm bitter for sure, 20 odd years supporting this league will do that to a man, it's since been exacerbated by the FAI in the last 2 years.

Now, fact is Fenlon is the best manager in the league by a mile, yet his best with Derry was woeful. His best with Shels and Bohs reaped 4 league titles and an FAI cup so far so to me that says more about Derry than Pat Fenlon.

Derry fans want to talk about Chequebook manager and that but it's here where the bitterness is in my opinion. Derry are bitter that the best manger in the league still couldn't win them a title and they're bitter they hadn't the resources to give him either. Basically, Derry are bitter because they are and will always be bottlers.

OneRedArmy
17/03/2009, 3:52 PM
Derry are bitter that the best manger in the league still couldn't win them a titleIts hard to win a League in 3 months.

and they're bitter they hadn't the resources to give him either. Shels or Bohs didn't have the resources either, but that didn't stop Pat spending it. We're happy our board don't take a kamikaze approach.

Basically, Derry are bitter because they are and will always be bottlers.Basically, you're a bitter little Shels fan whose frustrated after a few years out of the big league, who we obviously did something right to by getting under your skin.

We might not have won the battle, but at least we didn't lose the war.

For anyone who thinks Fenlon is a good manager, have a look at his record of bringing youth players through, wherever he's been. That should end the discussion.

LeixlipRed
17/03/2009, 4:12 PM
Agreed, but he is not sputtering out poison in every interview so far this season. The PD is, hence this thread ;)

That's cause no one wants to interview the manager of a mid-table team ;)

Hairy Bowsie
17/03/2009, 4:52 PM
Basically, you're a bitter little Shels fan

Well i wouldn't say little but i am a bitter Shels fan, i admitted that no more than 2 hours ago. Are you just going to repeat stuff?

whose frustrated after a few years out of the big league

No, i'm not. We're were we are because of how we did things and that i accept. It's other things that frustrate me.

who we obviously did something right to by getting under your skin.

Derry City got under my skin when essentially when they joined the LoI. As far as i'm concerned, you shouldn't be here but thats a discussion for a different day.

For anyone who thinks Fenlon is a good manager, have a look at his record of bringing youth players through, wherever he's been. That should end the discussion.

So you are saying that he's not a good manager because he doesn't bring youth throught the ranks? That no matter what he wins, he'll never be a good manager because he hasn't gave young lads a shot? You're saying that, bringing on young talent is the only trait of a good manager?

Candystripe
17/03/2009, 5:21 PM
So you are saying that he's not a good manager because he doesn't bring youth throught the ranks? That no matter what he wins, he'll never be a good manager because he hasn't gave young lads a shot? You're saying that, bringing on young talent is the only trait of a good manager?

I would say that too.

And that is why he will only ever be a cheque book manager.

micls
17/03/2009, 5:56 PM
Ah come off it now willya? Most of us here realise it and you trying to deny it makes you look bad. If he is not a chequebook manager then i dont know who is.

Give it a rest ffs.

Who in the league isn't a chequebook manager so?

Mathews, Doolin and McDonnell all had bigger chequebooks last year. Does that just mean they're bad chequebook managers? Is Alex Ferguson a chequebook manager?

Sean Connor had the same chequebook, what's he?

What's Stephen Kenny? According to Alan Mathews(I know) his chequebook wasnt that much smaller than Bohs last year. But ignoring that. When was he most successful? At Bohs, with Id imagne a relatively similar chequebook.

Yeah he's done grand with the 'pennies' he's had at Derry but can't win the league...will we just label him as unsuccessful then?

The only manager that couldnt be called a chequebook manager at the time the league was won(recently) is Rico, and while I rate him and think he plays lovely football we had players like Doyle, Roy o donovan, Fenn, Flynny, Bennett, George, Gamble, Kearney all on small money cos they came home from ENgland disillusioned around the same time. Pure luck that that group happened to fall together.

EVERY manager is a chequebook manager. They will spend as much as they can. They question is are they good at it? Are they successful? Since when is signing players not one of the most important attributes of a manager?

Fact is as much as he is a tiny little ***** Pat Fenlon is incredibly successful. I can't stand the man, but to claim that he isn't a good manager in this league is simply spiteful and biased.

OneRedArmy
17/03/2009, 7:08 PM
People seem to be viewing success as directly equating to being the best.

Here's why it's a fallacy.

Put the current Barca, Man U or any similar team in the LoI and they'd walk it. In fact, I could manage them and they'd still win. Would that make me the best manager? Clearly not.

Management, whether it be sport or otherwise, is about maximizing the output from the resources you have.

Fenlon couldn't afford the best players at Derry so he had buy wisely. He didn't. He bought a long list of absolute puddings. Journeymen who are still journeymen, has-beens that stayed has-beens and up and comers who never went anywhere.

His failure to develop youth throughout his management career illustrates that he doesn't maximize individuals talent, ergo he can't be considered a good manager.

It's also the reason why he burns through money at an amazing rate. He can't develop talent therefore he had to keep dipping into the transfer market to buy the top players developed by other GOOD managers.

Until Fenlon starts achieves Without a mega wage bill he'll rightly be viewed as a purchaser rather than a manager.

1895ringsend
17/03/2009, 7:20 PM
Pat fenlon is a quality manager but to be honest he did'nt really have to start at the bottom like other managers. He inherited a very good squad at shels and had a very open cheque book to sign more or less who he liked. A 1st time managers dream. At bohs the cheque book prob is'nt as open in fairness but there was a good side there already when he arrived.

As good as he is without a decent budget which he's always had i very much doubt he would have to been able to do the job kenny done when he 1st arrived at derry or the job keely has done by rebuilding us and almost getting us up on very small budget.