PDA

View Full Version : How many block bookers are there??

Junior
06/12/2003, 11:46 AM
I know the situation of where we will play the WC06 qualifiers is still up the air, but was wondering how many block bookers there are at present?? and if we end up playing somewhere with a lower capacity (say Lansdowne 22k or elsewhere) how will they prioritise the ticket distribution, would it be on length of time on block booking scheme etcc...... any thoughts???

The France game will obv be one, where every man and his dog will be looking to go:o :rolleyes: This whole ticket thing is gonna raiser its ugly head again!!!!

Beavis
06/12/2003, 12:11 PM
I need to know about becoming a block booker (used to get a ticket for each game from local club but this supply is no more),wrote to the FAI on several occasions to make sure if they were opening up to new bookers I'd be top of the list but got no word.
Presumably they know nothing until they know where we're playing but does anyone know how you'd go about it if trying to get in.

Ozymandias
08/12/2003, 10:40 AM
I am block booking since it began in 86..the FAI don't keep records...they write out every year to me asking do I want to block book for the games.....but when it came to away tickets for basel they did not use a loyalty scheme just a straight draw....so those that just started block booking in the last campaign had the same rights and chance as those blocking booking forever..

I think there are 20,000 + block bookers

aidz1
08/06/2004, 11:26 AM
always got tickets for the games one way or the other, but got fed up hanging around searching for tickets when pints could have been downed.
ive been on the bb waiting list for 3 years now :(
wouldnt hold out too much for it yet