PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Primera Liga

irishultra
14/03/2009, 9:11 PM
anybody watchin madrid vs bilbao? class match. 3-2 now but it was 2-0 to real at one point and then bilbao got back into it, partly down to casilias horrible goalkeeper from llorente header. huntelaar scored to make it 3-2 just after half time.

Schumi
14/03/2009, 9:48 PM
5-2 now near the end. Only saw the last 10 minutes or so, Madrid comfortable but the Bilbao crowd still giving it loads.

Dodge
15/03/2009, 12:33 AM
5-2 now near the end. Only saw the last 10 minutes or so, Madrid comfortable but the Bilbao crowd still giving it loads.

Comfortable at that stage because Athletic had to players sent off

And their fans despise the Basque Casillas...

irishultra
15/03/2009, 5:07 PM
forlan just missed a peno for ath. madrid in the match against villarreal. great save by diego lopez.

irishultra
15/03/2009, 7:26 PM
watching ath. madrid reminds me so much of fenlons bohs.

but seriously how good are they in attack? forlan and 'kun' augero perhaps the best strikeforce in europe?

then simao on the wing, a genius. I'm not big on their two central midfielders, they're good, but not good enough imo but when it comes to attacking they are amazing.

Roadend
16/03/2009, 10:26 AM
Sally Gunnell was very good last night, robbed for that one off the post that aguero followed up. Great game though.

Closed Account 2
16/03/2009, 10:33 AM
On their day they can destroy any other team in Europe... The trouble is their day only happens 1 in every 4/5 games. But they are brilliant side to watch, so leaky at the back but immense upfront. You can say what you want about them but at least they are playing the game the way it should be played.

Maxi Rodriguez is a great player too. They could just do with another top class defender to sort the back line out, I'd hoped they would have done better with the signings of Ujfalushji and Jonny Heitinga.

Red4Eva
16/03/2009, 11:43 AM
On their day they can destroy any other team in Europe... The trouble is their day only happens 1 in every 4/5 games. But they are brilliant side to watch, so leaky at the back but immense upfront. You can say what you want about them but at least they are playing the game the way it should be played.

Maxi Rodriguez is a great player too. They could just do with another top class defender to sort the back line out, I'd hoped they would have done better with the signings of Ujfalushji and Jonny Heitinga.

doesn't matter what defender they sign. as soon you put on that atleti jersey you forget how to defend. UjfaluĊĦi and Heitinga looked likem fantastic signings but they've been poor. atleti are the safest bet for entertainment in europe

irishultra
19/03/2009, 12:48 AM
yep athletico madrid at the calderon is guarenteed entertainment.

by the way anyone seen perez might be getting back in as pres at real. there is talk roberto carlos might return if he does:eek: and they will undertake the galactico mantra again. i wonder who he would have on his wishlist?

ribery? fabregas? kaka? torres? silva? villa?

Red4Eva
19/03/2009, 11:54 AM
yep athletico madrid at the calderon is guarenteed entertainment.

by the way anyone seen perez might be getting back in as pres at real. there is talk roberto carlos might return if he does:eek: and they will undertake the galactico mantra again. i wonder who he would have on his wishlist?

ribery? fabregas? kaka? torres? silva? villa?

Perez will probably be the only candidate for presidential elections. All but 6 of the squad are up for sale; Raul, Lass, Guti, Ramos, san iker and 1 i can't remember. Ancelotti will be the new manager. kaka' and cristiano ronaldo are primary targets and he will also go for xabi alonso, silva and villa. he wants to get rid of the dutch players. If it was me in charge i'd have no interest in pi$$ing 100 million away on ronaldo and i'd sign Evra, Chiellini, De Rossi, Ribery, Kaka', Villa and Silva

irishultra
19/03/2009, 5:42 PM
here great information there. didn't know that. it will be an interesting summer i think if(or when as you say) perez is back in at Madrid.

do you know if 'all the dutch players' includes robben and sneidjer? just would suprise me.

derossi would be a great signing i agree. as would chiellini.

Dodge
19/03/2009, 5:44 PM
It will absolutely include Robben. He'll be first to go as raul leads the charge against him

Mr Maroon
19/03/2009, 6:21 PM
Perez will probably be the only candidate for presidential elections. All but 6 of the squad are up for sale; Raul, Lass, Guti, Ramos, san iker and 1 i can't remember. Ancelotti will be the new manager. kaka' and cristiano ronaldo are primary targets and he will also go for xabi alonso, silva and villa. he wants to get rid of the dutch players. If it was me in charge i'd have no interest in pi$$ing 100 million away on ronaldo and i'd sign Evra, Chiellini, De Rossi, Ribery, Kaka', Villa and Silva

Kaka won't be going anywhere.

Their current clubs might have something to say about selling the players you say you'd go for. Chielllini, Ribery and Kaka in particular seem extremely unlikely to me.

Red4Eva
19/03/2009, 10:01 PM
Kaka won't be going anywhere.

Their current clubs might have something to say about selling the players you say you'd go for. Chielllini, Ribery and Kaka in particular seem extremely unlikely to me.

In my opinion Kaka' is the most likely to go to Madrid. I think Ribery wants to leave Munich but most likely destination would be Barca. Bayern's decision to sign Olic instead of Mario Gomez shows they're very conscious of the current economic climate which might make a move more likely. I don't think Chiellini will be leaving Juve, I'm just saying i think he would be a great signing. Madrid need a revolution so I think Perez will go nuts in the summer.

Mr Maroon
20/03/2009, 6:22 PM
In my opinion Kaka' is the most likely to go to Madrid.
Why?

I think Ribery wants to leave Munich but most likely destination would be Barca.
Juve are in the market for a Nedved replacement. His name has been mentioned but as I said I think he'll be staying put.

Pike B
20/03/2009, 7:12 PM
Why?

Juve are in the market for a Nedved replacement. His name has been mentioned but as I said I think he'll be staying put.
Kaka at Madrid would be class. But they really should add a couple of top full backs and a centre half first.

irishultra
20/03/2009, 7:27 PM
Why?

could juve contend with bayern when it comes to wages?

Mr Maroon
20/03/2009, 7:34 PM

Possibly, possibly not. I'm not really aware of the wage levels in Germany but I wouldn't say they're massive.

Dodge
20/03/2009, 8:11 PM

It'd be the other way around... Can bayern match Juve?

Red4Eva
20/03/2009, 10:42 PM
Why?

I think Perez's might cool his interest in Ronaldo because of Ramon Calderon's boasting about the deal this week. He won't wanna look like an idiot like Calderon did after failing to sign Ronaldo. He'll wanna make a marquee signing and Kaka is the only possible other mega star they could sign. Milan were willing to let Kaka' go to City so I think it's possible. Juve have a ready made replacement for Nedved if Ranieri was willing to play Giovinco more often but I think David Silva will be their number one target as his reaplacement.

Red4Eva
20/03/2009, 10:43 PM
Possibly, possibly not. I'm not really aware of the wage levels in Germany but I wouldn't say they're massive.

I wouldn't know about the comparative wage levels either but I do know Bayern are paying Luca Toni twice what Milan were willing to offer him

irishultra
26/03/2009, 12:19 PM
I think with the German tax rate that wages can be big, but teams don't really go beyond their means despite being in brilliant financial condition.

sligoman
16/05/2009, 9:26 PM
Looks like Barca are gonna clinch the title off the pitch, tonight. Villarreal 2-1 up Vs. Madrid with 25mins left. Madrid need to win or else Barca win the league.

Great team, well deserved:ball:

EDIT: Finished 3-2 to Villarreal. Barca are champions!

irishultra
18/05/2009, 4:58 PM
Two great results for Villarreal in last two weeks, 3-3 at the Camp Nou and then beating Real. Ramos definetly gonna be sacked I expect?

Mr Maroon
19/05/2009, 11:35 AM
Two great results for Villarreal in last two weeks, 3-3 at the Camp Nou and then beating Real. Ramos definetly gonna be sacked I expect?

Yep. Wenger has hinted he'd be interested. He's supposed to have met with Perez. :eek:

Red4Eva
09/06/2009, 8:20 AM
In my opinion Kaka' is the most likely to go to Madrid. I think Ribery wants to leave Munich but most likely destination would be Barca. Bayern's decision to sign Olic instead of Mario Gomez shows they're very conscious of the current economic climate which might make a move more likely. I don't think Chiellini will be leaving Juve, I'm just saying i think he would be a great signing. Madrid need a revolution so I think Perez will go nuts in the summer.

I was right about Kaka' and it looks like Florentino will go for Cristiano Ronaldo as well

DeLorean
09/06/2009, 4:17 PM
I was hoping to go to Real and Barca games next season (not against each other). There was a lot of occasions the season just gone where Real would have been playing at the Bernabeu on the Sat night whit Barca at the Nou Camp on the Sunday, or vice versa. How long in advance do they decide whether the fixture is a Saturday or a Sunday? I would like to get them both in on the one trip.

pineapple stu
09/06/2009, 4:40 PM
No more than two or three weeks. Best bet is to keep an eye on the official websites; they announce fixture times as they're confirmed (Barca one does anyway)

DeLorean
09/06/2009, 4:54 PM
No more than two or three weeks. Best bet is to keep an eye on the official websites; they announce fixture times as they're confirmed (Barca one does anyway)

Ya I was kind of afraid of that. I makes it very awkward in trying to sort out reasonable flights/accommodation in advance. Thanks.

Edit: By the way is it easy enough to get tickets for run of the mill type matches eg. Barca v Almeria/Real v Malaga. Could you just get them on the day or day before maybe?

pineapple stu
10/06/2009, 8:51 AM
Only games I've been to are Espanyol v Villarreal and Barca Atletic v Benidorm. Both those were pay at the gate. The same system screwed me over getting to see Barca unfortuantely. :mad:

DeLorean
10/06/2009, 8:56 AM
Might try to get them from the in advance so. I know the Barca website sells them anyway, pricy enough though.

Dodge
10/06/2009, 9:24 AM
Well they won't be cheaper on the day...

Both clubs only put tickets on general sale a couple of weeks before the game. Fixtures are out in late July. As above the days/times aren't fixed until (at the earliest) 2 weeks before hand.

You can be sure that the weekend before Champions League games both clubs will play Saturdays.

DeLorean
10/06/2009, 10:44 AM
You can be sure that the weekend before Champions League games both clubs will play Saturdays.

Actually you've just given me an idea there Dodge. I could aim for a Real home game at the wkd follwed by a Barca Champs Lge game during the week (or vice versa maybe). If they were playing someone ordinary tickets would probably be handy enough. To be honest I only want to go to Madrid for the match, the bones of the trip I'd prefer to be based in Barcelona.

Valencia Hoop
10/06/2009, 8:11 PM
expect the fixture list around july 12

the situation regarding setting kick off days/times is ridiculous, most KOs aren't confirmed until the thursday/friday of the week before but as was pointed out a CL game on the Tuesday guarantees the previous liga game will be on the Saturday

last season up to four first division games were televised live on La Sexta (free channel), was definitely a factor in poor attendances at Mestalla but I believe next year it will be back to the old fashioned one saturday night game live on normal telly, late night sunday game on canal+ and the rest on PPV