PDA

View Full Version : Tralee Dynamos FC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

culloty82
14/03/2009, 6:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing League of Ireland football in Tralee in a few weeks, just wondering about the best way to get to Mounthawk Park. I know you should be able to get there off the Mounthawk road, but no doubt it will be well signposted as April draws near.

gufc2000
15/03/2009, 12:36 PM
Any pictures of Mounthawk Park

culloty82
16/03/2009, 8:16 PM
I'm sure if any of the staff or players read this, they won't be long sticking up a photo. The main problem is that unlike the GAA stadium, it's far out from the town centre in a part that's almost in the country, so even though you can see the floodlights from a fair distance, none of the roads seem to bring you anywhere near the ground.

kingdom hoop
19/03/2009, 2:33 AM

I'm away for the next weeks but I'll try get a few sorted after that if none get put up anywhere.

On the ground's location, it is quite far from the town centre alright I suppose (at least 15min walk from bus/train station) but more than anything it is fairly awkward to get to. Which just adds to the excitement of course. :)

Kingdom
19/03/2009, 5:03 PM
I'm away for the next weeks but I'll try get a few sorted after that if none get put up anywhere.

On the ground's location, it is quite far from the town centre alright I suppose (at least 15min walk from bus/train station) but more than anything it is fairly awkward to get to. Which just adds to the excitement of course. :)

Its not that hard to get to or to find! Walk out the town up Rock Street, out towards the greyhound stadium, through that roundabout take the second left into Brendan's Park Estate and carry on through the little roundabout, the complex is up on your left.

Grand if unspectacular little ground. Lovely pitch.

tralee_dynamo
20/03/2009, 4:09 PM

The Kerry League play in Mounthawk Park which is the default Kerry District League ground. Tralee Dynamos grounds are located adjacent to Mounthawk Park - the pitch is usually in good enough condition!

gufc2000
20/03/2009, 4:29 PM

No bother, just wondering of you had any on hand

culloty82
20/03/2009, 8:13 PM
Turns out the ground is only 20-30 minutes walk away, know exactly where it is now, so I'll dfinitely take a photo, stick it up.

luka
21/03/2009, 8:47 AM
Anyone got a contact email address or telephone number for the Dynamos club? I don't seem to be able to find either on their club site. Thanks

culloty82
22/03/2009, 6:56 PM
I'm just a general soccer fan living in the town, nothing to do with the club, but maybe if you try the sports sections of the Kerryman and Kerry's Eye websites, you might find a link. I've attached the picture I promised gufc2000.

gufc2000
22/03/2009, 7:44 PM
I'm just a general soccer fan living in the town, nothing to do with the club, but maybe if you try the sports sections of the Kerryman and Kerry's Eye websites, you might find a link. I've attached the picture I promised gufc2000.
Thanks culloty, looks like the ground could do with a bit of tlc though!

tralee_dynamo
24/03/2009, 6:36 PM
Kerry League have been playing in the eircom league cup for the last 4-5 years and the pitch they play in (mounthawk park) has usually been in poor condition in comparison to tralee dynamos pitch.

Fair enough the ground does need to be developed but the pitch is usually in fairly good condition. Its a start anyway and judging from some of the eircom league games ive seen in the last few years, the pitch surface is well up to acceptable standard!

Westernblue
27/03/2009, 5:36 PM
No perimeter fence even! Whats going to stop the fans invading the pitch:D

sheao
27/03/2009, 11:37 PM
Will City's game with Kerry League in the EA sports cup be played in Mounthawk park?

tralee_dynamo
28/03/2009, 10:31 AM
Will City's game with Kerry League in the EA sports cup be played in Mounthawk park?
Yes. Kerry League games are awlays played in Mounthawk Park

longfordjames
29/03/2009, 1:07 PM
near mounthawk school?

culloty82
29/03/2009, 9:54 PM
If you're familiar with the general geography of Tralee, then it's best to say that they should have called it Gallowsfield Park or Cahermoneen Park. You could eventually reach it by taking a detour off the Mounthawk road, but as the others have said, it's quicker to go all the way up Rock Street, turn left once you see the traffic lights after the church and go through Gallowsfield.

longfordjames
29/03/2009, 9:55 PM
kind of near the brandon hotel?

culloty82
29/03/2009, 10:04 PM
Not long to go until the first match and as they say in marketing, first impressions are crucial, especially when there won't be much competition from other sports in the next few weeks. There was plenty coverage in the press all along, but this week will lay down a marker for the rest of the season. Hopefully the club will be competitive, and if they sneak into the top four, it will be a bonus.

threefivetwo
03/04/2009, 1:48 PM
we played in tralee dynamos pitch in last years f.a.i and to be honest lads it was probably the worst pitch we played on in the whole competition and we played a fair few games that year.the keery league pitch next to it was worse!! not saying it to start wrecking heads, just giving my opinion on the pitch do ye not have to have proper fencing all around the pitch?

lisseltonrovers
04/04/2009, 12:18 PM
best of luck to dynamoes. we took lisselton and kerry soccer to the national stage last week, now its over to you to keep the kerry flag flying high. best of luck lads.

culloty82
07/04/2009, 3:00 PM
1st Round:

Tralee Dynamos vs Clonmel Town

2nd Round:

Winners v Dundrum/St. Mary's

Clonmel would beat many League teams, but based on Sunday's performance, Dynamos are fully capable of advancing. Know little about the other two teams, but would imagine they're of similar standard to Cherry Orchard or Rockmount.

gufc2000
07/04/2009, 3:05 PM
Was there many at the Tralee-Fingal match?

DeLorean
08/04/2009, 12:53 PM
Says a good crowd here. My buddy was at it and I think he said a couple of hundred, really not sure though. He reckons there would have been a bigger crowd if it didn't clash with United-Villa.

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/component/content/article/463-tralee-dynamos-open-newstalk-a-championship-campaign-with-defeat

gufc2000
20/04/2009, 10:10 PM
Is the venue, Cahermoneen, where Dynamos are playing in the FAI Cup this weekend their home venue?

culloty82
21/04/2009, 6:58 PM
Yes, they can call it either Mounthawk park or Cahermoneen, because both parts of Tralee are in the general area, and there's no official name for the ground. It's like the way Upton Park is actually a part of London, rather than the official name of West Ham's stadium.

dcfcsteve
22/04/2009, 4:42 PM
Yes, they can call it either Mounthawk park or Cahermoneen, because both parts of Tralee are in the general area, and there's no official name for the ground. It's like the way Upton Park is actually a part of London, rather than the official name of West Ham's stadium.

I'm confused :confused:

Upton Park is the name of West Ham's stadium. It's what the club use as their address, put on their programmes etc etc etc. Whether or not it is also the name of a part of London doesn't matter. West Ham is also a part of London, and doesn't stop that being the club's official name ?

Yours,

Confused in London

:)

Dodge
22/04/2009, 4:54 PM
Dear confused,

A better example would be that well known team in Glasgow who traditionally played their games in Parkhead, now playing in the the exact same place but its called Celtic Park.

For an example closer to home, note that while most people call Finn Harps' ground Ballybofey, the club use the name Finn Park.

Regards,

Clarifer in Dubland

Sunny Jim
22/04/2009, 5:52 PM
West Ham's Stadium is called "The Boleyn Ground" afaik. It's referred to as Upton Park after the general area it's in.

dcfcsteve
22/04/2009, 7:23 PM
Dear confused,

A better example would be that well known team in Glasgow who traditionally played their games in Parkhead, now playing in the the exact same place but its called Celtic Park.

For an example closer to home, note that while most people call Finn Harps' ground Ballybofey, the club use the name Finn Park.

Regards,

Clarifer in Dubland

Dear Clarifier,

The Glasgow club's twin stadium name is a welll known entity, and I would question how many people genuinely think Finn Harps ground is called 'Ballybofey' rather than Finn Park. People mistakenly calling a stadium after the suburb where it's located - that's a mistake I can see happening. But people thinking a stadium is named literally after the name of the town/village itself, and nothing else (e.g. not even Ballybiofey Stadium/arena etc)...? :eek:

Regards etc,

Still in a purple haze

tralee_dynamo
22/04/2009, 10:03 PM
The fact is we dont have a "proper" name for our home ground. Our ground is adjacent to Mounthawk Park (where Kerry League play), but both grounds are in an area of Tralee known as Cahermoneen.

On our match program, we use Cahermoneen - hope this clarifies all the confusion.

JC_GUFC
23/04/2009, 11:56 AM
1st Round:

Tralee Dynamos vs Clonmel Town

2nd Round:

Winners v Dundrum/St. Mary's

Clonmel would beat many League teams, but based on Sunday's performance, Dynamos are fully capable of advancing. Know little about the other two teams, but would imagine they're of similar standard to Cherry Orchard or Rockmount.

The other 2 wouldn't be anywhere near that standard. Dundrum are bottom of the LSL with 1 point from about 18 games! St Mary's are midtable in the Cork MSL. If you beat Clonmel Town you should be able to win the next round.

Best of luck.

culloty82
26/05/2009, 8:26 AM
Two months into Dynamos first season at national level, and so far it has been an outstanding success. It was thought that the team would struggle at first to adjust to the quicker pace and higher standard of games, but results have been excellent to date, particularly against Bohemians and Cobh Ramblers. While Cassidy and Sugrue have been the stand-out players, the whole team has been on top form, and the side are certainly on course to finish in the top three-five places in the section on current form.

culloty82
26/05/2009, 8:31 AM
Tralee Dynamos v Salthill Devon

With Salthill in blistering form and destined to join Mervue in the First Division, it looks like the end of the road for Dynamos, who would have quietly fancied their chances against an out-of-form First Division side like Longford or Kildare. Still, home advantage will surely benefit the side, and if every player is on top form, the side will be looking to force a replay.

Partizan
26/05/2009, 11:45 AM
Dynamos v Salthill will be a tight game. Hard to call though i think Salthill will just about shade it.

JC_GUFC
26/05/2009, 3:12 PM
Tralee Dynamos v Salthill Devon

With Salthill in blistering form and destined to join Mervue in the First Division, it looks like the end of the road for Dynamos, who would have quietly fancied their chances against an out-of-form First Division side like Longford or Kildare. Still, home advantage will surely benefit the side, and if every player is on top form, the side will be looking to force a replay.

I wouldn't be that disheartened. Salthill look to have played the weakest teams in their group. I think Tralee's win away at Bohs is more impressive than any of Salthill's results.

culloty82
26/05/2009, 3:39 PM
Disheartened would be the wrong word, just I'd imagine there will be plenty of hype about the tie over the next few weeks, and it's important to quieten expectations, when MNS practically had Tralee in the next round already, which doesn't do Salthill much justice.

gufc2000
16/06/2009, 12:18 AM
Great little piece on Tralee on MNS

culloty82
10/07/2009, 9:21 AM
Tralee Dynamos v Shamrock Rovers

Three points off leaders Bohs with a game in hand, and boosted by mid-season signings from Killarney Celtic,Tralee Dynamos are in contention for the Southern Championship, but these credentials will be severely tested by the visit of Shamrock Rovers to the Kingdom. Victory over Bray would have put the Tallaght team second in the table, and while a draw's the mostly likely outcome, home advantage may give Tralee three valuable points.

hoop4life
10/07/2009, 2:56 PM
lads,

just a query, are kingdom boys and tralee dynamoes the same club with kingdom boys being the youth part and dynamoes the senior part???

tralee_dynamo
10/07/2009, 4:32 PM
lads,

just a query, are kingdom boys and tralee dynamoes the same club with kingdom boys being the youth part and dynamoes the senior part???

Yes kingdom boys are the youth part of tralee dynamos. All teams up to U16s are called Kingdom Boys, youths and all senior teams are Tralee Dynamos

limfan
10/07/2009, 8:20 PM
Will dynamos be looking to sign the best of the rest in kerry now that all players are available to be asked.
Surley a few of the lads at lisselton like hennessy, conway and glasheen who have LOI experience would make dynamos the best that a kerry team can push for a promotion to the first division?

E.C Ushadup
12/07/2009, 10:50 PM
Going on results thus far, Dynamos could win promotion without any more signings from other Kerry clubs.Second in the table with half the season gone.I wish them the best of luck and hopefully they can quieten all the negative and jealous 'knockers':)once and for all.In the current climate it's great to see teams like Dynamos having a crack at senior footie.Shows that a club has ambition to succeed at highest possible level.What think ye?

snams
13/07/2009, 1:31 AM
Hennessy will quit soccer and will become Kerins O Rahillys (GAA) goalkeeper.

kerryfan
13/07/2009, 12:19 PM
Will dynamos be looking to sign the best of the rest in kerry now that all players are available to be asked.
Surley a few of the lads at lisselton like hennessy, conway and glasheen who have LOI experience would make dynamos the best that a kerry team can push for a promotion to the first division? TBH none of those 3 players would get on the Dynamos team at present but would make the Dynamos squad stronger and it would be great for Kerry soccer. As far as I know Dynamos are not asking any Liselton players to sign as they do not pay players money.

culloty82
13/07/2009, 9:35 PM
I'd imagine they'll be quietly confident, formwise Bray aren't the worst Premier team to get. Of course the away draw will make them massive underdogs, but an upset's far from impossible.

E.C Ushadup
13/07/2009, 10:26 PM
I'd imagine they'll be quietly confident, formwise Bray aren't the worst Premier team to get. Of course the away draw will make them massive underdogs, but an upset's far from impossible.

Ah well,the men from the kingdom had home advantage in 1st 3 rounds.Anyway Dynamos are pretty impressive on their travels this year winning 3 out of 4 away games.It's just a pity,they would've pulled a great crowd for a home draw.

kerryfan
14/07/2009, 8:08 AM
I'd imagine they'll be quietly confident, formwise Bray aren't the worst Premier team to get. Of course the away draw will make them massive underdogs, but an upset's far from impossible.Pitty they did'nt get a home draw. Enjoyed the Salthill game in Tralee a few weeks ago. If they got Bray at home then they would have a good chance. Hopefully they can get a draw in Bray and bring them back to Kerry.

tralee_dynamo
14/07/2009, 4:46 PM
Pitty they did'nt get a home draw. Enjoyed the Salthill game in Tralee a few weeks ago. If they got Bray at home then they would have a good chance. Hopefully they can get a draw in Bray and bring them back to Kerry.

If its a draw will it be a replay back in Tralee?

kerryfan
15/07/2009, 7:33 AM
If its a draw will it be a replay back in Tralee?As far as I know yes. In the last round didnt crumlin and shels go to a replay and a few other games as well. If ye do get a draw in Bray then surely ye can get a huge crowd in Tralee for the replay and cause an upset? It is a big ask of ye but with the way ye are playing, nothing suprises me.