PDA

View Full Version : Tralee Dynamos FC

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

culloty82
12/01/2012, 8:52 PM
LEAGUE OF IRELAND: Tralee Dynamos launched its "400" club at a well attended meeting in the Carlton Hotel. Jason Fitzgerald (Chairman), Colm Clifford (General Manager), Richard Wong (Commercial Manager) & Ger Moloney (Infrastructure) all spoke about Tralee Dynamos plans for League of Ireland Division 1 soccer. If you are interested in being part of the "400" club contact any member of the board.

Many thanks to everyone who attended and contributed to a very healthy debate on the merits of Tralee Dynamos joining the National League. At the end of the meeting it was agreed that the 400 Club has the full backing of the club.

400 CLUB: To join or find out more about the 400 club you can contact any club officer listed below alternatively contact info@traleedynamos.com

Jason Fitzgerald - Chairperson

Richard Wong – Commercial Manager
Sheila Fitzgerald – Secretary
Colm Clifford – General Manager
Ger Moloney – Infrastructure
Noel White – 1st Team Manager
Brian Fitzgerald – Supporters Liaison Officer
Pa Daly – Legal
Edgar McGrath – Finance
Declan Meehan/Joe Meehan – Youth Officers

So that should satisfy the FAI concerning the budget, whether the commitments on Cahermoneen will suffice seems to be the last issue.

culloty82
14/01/2012, 7:29 PM
From Dynamos website:
400 CLUB DAY 4: Black blocks sold so far after the 1st 10 members returned mandate forms. General manager Colm Clifford expressed delight with the number of blocks sold for the 400 club after 3 days from a couple of members. He urged all members to do their best over the coming weeks to help the club achieve its target to bring League of Ireland football to Tralee for the 1st time in the clubs history. League of Ireland is now in its 92nd without any Kerry participation this is something that has to be addressed with over 4000 people playing soccer in Kerry.

League of Ireland represents a huge motivation for all our younger players to aspire to Colm said. Colm concluded saying we have 400 blocks to sell, this a challenge for everyone interested in the development of soccer in Kerry.

Buy a block for as little as 4.81 a week or 20 euro’s a month. We also have business opportunities at 100 euro’s a month. For any other alternative amounts please contact any of the board members listed below. Direct debit form click here (http://traleedynamos.com/Tralee%20Dynamos%20direct%20debit%20form.pdf)

Contact: Colm Clifford General Manager at 087-2526212, Richard Wong Commercial Manager at 0867805544, Noel White 083-1165199, Jason Fitzgerald 087-7711430

Didn't copy the accompanying diagram, but to date 74 out of the required 400 "blocks" have been sold.

culloty82
18/01/2012, 10:52 AM
Dynamos aim to raise €100,000 (http://www.kerryman.ie/sport/soccer/100k-a-year-to-fund-dynamos-in-league-of-ireland-2992151.html) between the 400 Club and corporate sponsorship, the licensing timetable seems to be more vague now, so presumably it'll be February 12th before the final decision is made. Also, Dynamos have taken down their old website in order to put up a new, more marketing-friendly, version - partly to sell merchandise through an online club shop, but also to promote themselves as a viable League of Ireland club to the Kerry soccer community.

peadar1987
18/01/2012, 7:18 PM
Looks like the club are really doing things right so far. Let's hope they try and develop the club in a sustainable manner.

What are the chances of the whole of Kerry getting behind the team as their representatives in the LOI? Or would Dynamos by an almost exclusively Tralee team?

culloty82
18/01/2012, 7:58 PM
The main challenge will be getting the 300-400 average attendance that an LoI club seems to need to break-even over a season, as you say it'll have to be sustainable, building up a core support in Tralee town first, but the aim will be to promote Dynamos as "Kerry's League of Ireland club". They've realised that the only way they can be competitive is to concentrate on community involvement, and even though they would have a sizeable squad between seniors and U-19s, they've encouraged all the KDL players to join forces with them since entering the A Championship, the problem being that the national and junior calendars clash.

Martinho II
18/01/2012, 8:54 PM
there was a good piece about the first division in the mail today . according to them it would be a ten team league with galway devon, fc carlow and cobh ramblers.. strange that tralee wasnt mentioned?

Lim till i die
18/01/2012, 11:59 PM
The main challenge will be getting the 300-400 average attendance that an LoI club seems to need to break-even over a season.

You need a LOT more than that to break even!!

That's only about 40 grand a season!!

Hope Tralee get in now, what's the plan actually, Sunday afternoons??

culloty82
19/01/2012, 7:29 AM
That's probably something that would be left until word comes through, but they've been disappointed with the Sunday crowds, and either Friday or Saturday would avoid clashes with GAA matches later in the year.

Jofspring
19/01/2012, 10:54 AM
Hopefully Tralee go for the Saturday's. Nice away trip on a sunny Saturday in Tralee sounds good to me.

culloty82
20/01/2012, 12:35 PM
Today's Indo gives a cautious vote of confidence - suggests a licence could be awarded, but that this in itself wouldn't guarantee election.

legendz
20/01/2012, 7:57 PM
I'm hoping for Friday evening games. The dream has been to finish work on the Friday and hit the road home taking in the game as well!

Sam_Heggy
20/01/2012, 9:53 PM
I'm hoping for Friday evening games. The dream has been to finish work on the Friday and hit the road home taking in the game as well!

Oh sweet mother of shiba please play on Saturday nights. The thought of leaving after doing a mornings work to make Tralee for a match is just horrible.
Done it for Cork last year, not good.

culloty82
21/01/2012, 8:14 AM
Oh sweet mother of shiba please play on Saturday nights. The thought of leaving after doing a mornings work to make Tralee for a match is just horrible.
Done it for Cork last year, not good.

Ah sure, the six hour drive (http://www2.aaireland.ie/routes_beta/Search.aspx) will do you the world of good.

legendz
21/01/2012, 8:45 AM
Do clubs make agreements to play their respective home games against the other on Saturday nights when there's a good distance between them?

culloty82
21/01/2012, 7:34 PM
The new website (http://traleedynamos.com/wordpress/) is now operational and hosted on Wordpress - certainly more interactive than the old site, anyone can donate as little as €2 to the Cahermoneen fund.

legendz
23/01/2012, 8:26 PM
is correct, Carlow cant afford it, Tralee have work to do, Cobh have big issues, GUTS told to come back next year, but from sources today the 16 team league cant happen until 2014 now, not sure of reason but its definite. Wouldnt ya think they would just let limerick up now

If the above is true, there can't be complaints if the clubs if not ready. It's a shame though if there is not a third tier for these clubs to partake in. Carlow, Cobh and Tralee should possibly look to work for form an interim league with possible reserve teams from Limerick and Cork?

culloty82
24/01/2012, 12:35 PM
Rather odd story in today's Mail - gives the reports of an 8-team division, but then adds the twist that while Dynamos would get a licence, a nine-team First Division would prove unworkable. To be honest, it's hard to see how if Tralee would have done enough, that Cobh would fail - unless their debt problems haven't been totally cleared, as everyone believed?

1dynamos
24/01/2012, 2:40 PM
Financial submissions in before 30th of January. We now have more crystal balls in the hands of people who haven't a clue of the process, looks like this doesn't stop them printing rubbish.

bluewhitearmy
24/01/2012, 8:02 PM
Financial submissions in before 30th of January. We now have more crystal balls in the hands of people who haven't a clue of the process, looks like this doesn't stop them printing rubbish.

Some of the people commenting on the 8 teams would have more of a clue of the process then anyone at Tralee having gone through the process a few times in fairness.

1dynamos
25/01/2012, 3:43 PM
Fair enough comment. Tralee would have only have 3 years experience in club licences for A championship.

FlapjackJoe
26/01/2012, 10:55 AM
First Division fixtures released. No Cobh or Tralee, but they will be considered if a vacancy arises.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/clubs/first-division/athlone-town/latest-news/3906-airtricity-league-first-division-fixtures-released

culloty82
26/01/2012, 1:12 PM
Thanks to everyone for their support and constructive criticism over the last few weeks, doesn't look like it's going to be, but no doubt Dynamos will seek clarification over the reasons and then consider their options. It may have been only the A Championship, but at least there was a feeling that soccer in Kerry was being included at national level, until now it seems to be cast in the cold again. Still, this site always gives a real sense of the real emotion involved in the LoI, so I will stick around, even if it looks like I won't have much to add personally.

bennocelt
26/01/2012, 1:17 PM
Maybe ye will get a good cup run......:o
Sorry for your club not getting into the div

legendz
26/01/2012, 6:02 PM
The Kerry League are back to being the number one team!

culloty82
26/01/2012, 6:25 PM
Ironically, the news comes just as they had raised €8k (http://traleedynamos.com/wordpress/) of the €30k stadium target - might as well finish the job either in case something happens, or they apply again next year.

peadar1987
26/01/2012, 7:26 PM
Why wouldn't a ten team division be practical, and how would Carlow or Tralee be any worse of a proposition for places in the division than Mervue or Salthill? For feck sake.

1dynamos
26/01/2012, 9:28 PM
Culloty82 have you ever went to a Tralee Dynamos game. Doesn't look like you have much passion for the club if you have given up already. We will not be giving up just yet. About time people fought for the right for our young talented players to get the opportunity to fulfil there potential after all they have invested 7 years already and they are only 17,18 & 19 years of age.

Trainee
26/01/2012, 11:41 PM
Did Tralee get a reason from FAI for their exclusion from Div 1? Fai must be confident of Tralee getting a licence as they are on standby.

To me looking in from the outside Tralee where shafted by FAI

culloty82
27/01/2012, 1:15 PM
So, 1dynamos, any word from last night's meeting - edit:

Tralee Dynamos - Official Response to the Releasing of the League of Ireland Division 1 Fixture List:

To our Friends & Supporters,

We’re still in a process of obtaining Club Licencing. We’ve entered the process faithfully and we have to engage in it.
Tralee Dynamos Board of Management
Co. Kerry

Whatever happens, you definitely performed trojan work to bring League football to the county, and your honesty at each stage of the process deserved a better reward.

culloty82
28/01/2012, 11:24 AM
An update to the previous statement:

We are waiting for a pending decision from the club licence which is due on the 5th of February. We also have a infrastructure visit from the F.A.I. on the 3rd of February. On completion of both we hope to be granted a 1st Division licence.
Many thanks to everyone for your support to Tralee Dynamos F.C.

culloty82
01/02/2012, 11:04 AM
Cahermoneen will be ready for Friday's appraisal, and confidence remains about securing a licence, but the latest spanner in the works could be a possible Cobh withdrawal of their application.

the sub
01/02/2012, 11:37 AM
Cahermoneen will be ready for Friday's appraisal, and confidence remains about securing a licence, but the latest spanner in the works could be a possible Cobh withdrawal of their application.
Cobh have not withdrawn their licence application they are trying to pay off the player mercerneries

culloty82
01/02/2012, 1:50 PM
That's good to know, the reporter was writing about "Ramblers on the brink of ending their bid" and questioning "their willingness to participate in their league" - will link (http://www.kerryman.ie/sport/dynamos-are-still-working-towards-league-licence-3006520.html) to it once it's posted on the Kerryman's site, but who knows where he got his claims from - edit, just the second half of the story here, but the first bit was basically a recap of Thursday.

kerrysock
04/02/2012, 11:51 AM
What is the latest update on Dynamos getting into the first division? It looks like it is dying a death if you ask me.

I cannot understand why Tralee Dynamos went out on their own on this one. Financially it is not viable in my opinion, the a-championship attendances were terribly low (there was more supporters at most junior soccer KDL games) - a testimony to the fact that a team under the Tralee Dynamos banner is not going to get any support from the kerry soccer supporters.

A kerry league team under the kerry banner is the only way forward here, no other way is financially possible - simple as that!

I hope Tralee Dynamos do not get a license - I dont want to see the club go out of existence due to financial reasons, it would be a shame for all involved in kerry soccer.

culloty82
06/02/2012, 8:09 PM
They had expected word on their licence either yesterday or today, but now it seems like the rest of the clubs, that the Licensing Committee meeting will be Sunday night, with the decisions announced next Monday morning. I fully agree with you that it would be preferable if there were a Kerry soccer team in the First Division, and when the KDL U-20 side were performing well a number of years ago, that looked likely, but the meeting they held to organise a full League application broke up without agreement, and the FAI then ruled that district teams couldn't enter the A Championship. That was the only reason Dynamos broke away, and in fairness to them, any reports seem to state that they have met all the licensing criteria, can't comment on their financial state, but the plans seem fine in theory, whether the targets are being met is another matter. Even if it didn't work out, the worst that would happen is they'd go back to the Premier A of the KDL, if the KDL have no plans to enter the League, they can't join up with them before then, and that would be 2013 at the earliest.

1dynamos
06/02/2012, 8:29 PM
you and Kerry soccer are the shame...what do you suggest for all young players in Kerry to aspire to? no League of Ireland soccer just because of bigots who have no interest whatsoever in seeing a soccer team do its best to provide an opportunity for these players. Remember over 80 players from 14 different clubs between U19,20 & senior have played. Dynamos could not have gone ahead without the support of these players. Its about time people support those who invest their hard earned cash in developing players and giving them the chance.

culloty82
07/02/2012, 11:27 AM
I suspect Kerrysock writes for a weekly freesheet, where he does genuinely praise Dynamos' results - that said, he does come across more bitter here than he does in his columns.

kerrysock
07/02/2012, 11:37 AM
The fact is in general Dynamos are not liked by anyone outside of themselves in Kerry, and the attendances are there to prove this fact. It is a sad fact but true. And alot of this is down to the KDL chairman and co which is unfair. But you accusing the whole Kerry soccer public of being bigots for not attending dynamos games? Im telling you the main reason for poor attendance is because the clubs perception in Kerry is unfavourable and also the Kerry public do not have an interest in supporting a "dynamos" team in the a-championship (or first division for that matter).

By the way I like dynamos and I think they have served Kerry soccer well, but I dont think they should go alone on this one as it will be financial suicide for the club. They have already fallen behind due to the financial investments required to compete in the a-championship. St Brendans Park, Killarney Celtic and Listowel Celtic (to name a few) all have surpassed dynamos with facilities e.g. all have excellent all-weather pitches. They have invested in the club facilities as opposed to entering "expensive" national competition.

The only viable option ever for a Kerry LOI team is to have a Kerry team flying the Kerry banner - with underlying support from all junior clubs. And this is a while away yet in my view.

It looks like dynamos have been snubbed by the LOI anyway: http://www.fai.ie/domestic-a-grassroots/airtricity-league/news.html

Jofspring
07/02/2012, 7:27 PM
In a perfect world there would probably be a Kerry FC representing everyone in Kerry but at this stage it would be very messy to try organise I would think. Most teams now have their own top facilities with their own problems to worry about and probably wouldn't want the hassle of being involved.

culloty82
08/02/2012, 1:30 PM
I think Jofspring has hit the nail on the head - there's a significant difference within the KDL Premier between clubs who are content to play part-time football, and the bigger clubs who want to move on to the next level. The early failed ventures into the MSL put off ambitions, but that came at a time when results at national level were far inferior to the present, and similarly Lisselton's collapse might cause the KDL Executive to think twice. Killarney Celtic, for example, have gone as far as they can within the Kerry structures, but unless they could convince clubs like the Park or Castleisland to join forces, they would be as well off to join one of the Munster intermediate leagues. So, until such a time as the situation changes, Dynamos can't be faulted for their ambition, and if they get the moral victory of a licence, then they've another 12 months to keep fundraising.

kerrysock
08/02/2012, 2:19 PM
Guys, the crucial fact is being ignored - it is not financially viable. I agree that Dynamos cant be faulted for their ambition but they cant afford this venture. The financial backing is not there simple as that! Also what point is a "moral" victory of a license when they cannot afford first division football in the first place and Fran Gavin said that a license does "not" guarantee you a place in the league. The FAI have noticed this and have not entered them into the league as a result. Would it not be more in the clubs line to invest in facilities? Now the club are left in no-mans land, the munster senior league is midway through its season so that is a non-runner. The KDL is also midway through its season and will not allow dynamos to enter in the premier division so they can only play on in division 1b which is 3 divisions below the premier. Its a shambles, a complete mess.

I might be coming across as anti-dynamos but I am not. They are historically the greatest club that Kerry have and have done so much for the soccer community in Kerry. I just feel that the club has completely lost contact with the grassroot supporters. A move back into KDL is the right option for the club, where they can attempt to take over again as the best team in Kerry, invest in facilities/grassroots and challenge for major honours in junior football such as the FAI junior cup etc

So in a nutshell, dynamos cannot afford this, so they should re-enter the KDL, re-invest in facilities and take it from there - probably a hard pill to swallow but this is the reality!

Thoughts?

legendz
08/02/2012, 2:32 PM
In a perfect world there'd be a third tier. I'd like to to see the FAI open to the possibility of a third tier returning at some stage. The genesis report into the league seemed to spark the idea of having some pathway for clubs to join the League of Ireland, putting the League of Ireland firmly at the top of the footballing ladder. The lack of interest in joining the A Championship can't be ignored at the same time.
The FAI at least should speak with clubs around the country and sound them out for what'd be required for them to get involved, if a regionalised league is to return.

nigel-harps1954
08/02/2012, 2:54 PM
Wasn't there a Kerry League team played in the league cup in recent years at LOI level or did I imagine that? It's not totally out of the question, but if Dynamos were to launch into the league again, they'd need some sort of agreement with the KDL and all the teams to join together and launch what would be a true County Kerry team which realistically would be the strongest option for everyone involved in Kerry football.

1dynamos
08/02/2012, 3:07 PM
Nigel your right that there was a Kerry League side in the League cup. It is also on record in both voice and print media that Kerry League will not be applying for LOI soccer. Killarney Celtic Chairman is on record stating that the club will remain a junior league entity and good luck to them. Neither Brendan's Park or Castleisland have ever expressed an interest in applying for Club Licence. For a League of Ireland team to survive in Kerry or for any other county its needs all the groupings to come together to achieve this. People should use this forum with suggestions on what is needed to be done to achieve League of Ireland football for Kerry in whatever form it is achieved. Remember the reasons we are doing this is to get the best players in Kerry to have a platform to display their talents. That has yet to be achieved yet despite the League of Ireland 92 seasons. Every club have had really very good players over the past 4/5 decades but never got the opportunity to show it on a National stage. Thats why we should work together to achieve this couple of thousand kids playing the game in Kerry surely we can provide 1 team.

Mr A
08/02/2012, 3:14 PM
Chances are there are not enough people who care about bringing LOI to Kerry to make a generally representative club work. Nice idea, difficult in practice because you're asking people to put serious commitment into an entirely new entity.

On the other hand existing clubs like Tralee already have people that care a lot and want to bring them to LOI level, but can't draw widespread support as they're closely associated with an existing entity.

Kinda of a catch 22. But it could be solved with real leadership and a willingness from Kerry football to back it. After all, these clubs could benefit massively if any of their players make it big due to FIFA solidarity payments and a path to LOI level would make that a lot more likely.

legendz
08/02/2012, 4:39 PM
A Kerry League team did take part in the U21 league, as did the Mayo League. The Kerry League continue to be involved in the League Cup. I enjoyed the day we knocked out Waterford United.

kerrysock
08/02/2012, 6:26 PM
Any ideas what Dynamos are going to do now?...I think it is likely that they will rejoin the KDL

culloty82
15/02/2012, 9:28 AM
It seems Dynamos will be awarded a First Division licence today, as today's papers state that should a vacancy arise in the First Division, they would be elected. That said, it still appears highly unlikely, but the club can expect news on their application around lunchtime.

legendz
15/02/2012, 3:48 PM
http://breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/cobh-and-tralee-fail-to-gain-first-division-licences-539944.html

It's official. All over. Sad news, was really looking forward to seeing League of Ireland football come to Kerry. From here Tralee should join forces with a number of clubs and lobby the FAI for a league to be created for their involvement within the League of Ireland. Some level is better than not at all.
Hard luck to all involved with Dynamos. The work put in in recent years has been impressive and I'm sure they'll get their rewards in the near future.

kerrysock
15/02/2012, 10:11 PM
http://breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/cobh-and-tralee-fail-to-gain-first-division-licences-539944.html

It's official. All over. Sad news, was really looking forward to seeing League of Ireland football come to Kerry. From here Tralee should join forces with a number of clubs and lobby the FAI for a league to be created for their involvement within the League of Ireland. Some level is better than not at all.
Hard luck to all involved with Dynamos. The work put in in recent years has been impressive and I'm sure they'll get their rewards in the near future.

Does this mean Dynamos are going back to the KDL so?...Any extra "3rd tier" league is not going to happen, simple as that! In my view clubs around Kerry should get together now and row behind Dynamos to aim for a Kerry team into the LOI.