PDA

View Full Version : Tralee Dynamos FC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Topman
21/10/2009, 9:15 PM
Now that the season's nearly over, might as well ask the moderator to upgrade from this thread to a club folder for next year. I'm sure Castlebar and Carlow will also be looking for the same now that they've settled into the A Championship also.

Good Idea Cheers "FC Carlow"

fionnsci
21/10/2009, 9:19 PM
What kind of crowds did Carlow, Castlebar etc. average this year?

culloty82
08/11/2009, 12:49 PM
Now that Kildare have folded, and Cork likely to go the way of Derry by December, it will be interesting to see if the FAI are in contact with the A clubs in the coming weeks about First Division licences. Dynamos will certainly have to consider their options, even if they feel they're not ready yet, as they and other teams could find themselves promoted just to make up the numbers, and no doubt John Delaney will want a good geographic spread.

09/11/2009, 2:49 AM
What kind of crowds did Carlow, Castlebar etc. average this year?Celtic averaged 100+, in the first game of the season against Derry I think there would have been 300-400 if I remember correctly, Celtic have a good fanbase and with the majority of the players from the hinterland of Castlebar the support will continue. I was shocked to see the crowd in Salthill and Tullamore when we played them away. In Tullamore there was 30 max and that included 7 Celtic fans, the same crowd was at the Salthill game a few weeks ago aswell in Drom.

culloty82
17/11/2009, 4:43 PM
Tralee's average is probably around 150, there were rough estimates of around 200 for the first few home games, with a peak of 250 for Salthill in the cup. After July, the crowds tailed off, but I'd imagine that 150 is a safe guess, as it pretty much tallies with Castlebar.

culloty82
19/12/2009, 4:45 PM
All Kerry soccer fans are asked to give their opinions in a wide-ranging consultation on the future plans of Tralee Dynamos. All topics are up for discussion, but the three issues of major focus are stated as Infrastructure, Funding and Player Development. You can have your say by e-mailing info@traleedynamos.com. Last season was certainly a promising beginning, and this discussion seems to be a statement of intent from the club of long-term development plans.

culloty82
26/07/2011, 12:57 PM
Just resurrecting this thread now that the league season is almost over, any developments between now and Licence Day in February will be posted here.

culloty82
25/08/2011, 9:42 AM
Again, the latest report is that only two clubs will be accepted, with Cobh favourites for the first slot. Dynamos will apparently learn their fate "in the next few weeks", which is vague, to say the least, but does suggest that all will be revealed before the end of the First Division season.

Dodge
25/08/2011, 10:17 AM
Hopefully Tralee get their place. Looking forward to visiting a 'new' club (new for me as I haven't been...)

Comic Book Guy
26/08/2011, 8:30 PM
If Tralee are accepted in will they play in the pitch they used for a-league games or will they use the pitch behind their own ground? I think the one used by the Kerry DL looks a fine set up or will they develop their own?

culloty82
27/08/2011, 7:38 AM
If Tralee are accepted in will they play in the pitch they used for a-league games or will they use the pitch behind their own ground? I think the one used by the Kerry DL looks a fine set up or will they develop their own?

The aim is to develop their own ground and install floodlights, which as you say, seems fairly pointless when the KDL's ground would already meet First Division standards. Still, Dynamos seem to think they can have Cahermoneen ready by March, and presumably, like Mervue, they could nominate Mounthawk Park if there was a delay in the deadline. Their main worry seems to be finances - a Salthill director told one of the local freesheets that it would cost €100,000 to keep afloat for a full season, so a lot of canvassing of local businesses required there.

legendz
27/08/2011, 10:32 AM
It's disappointing the league can't go with two divisions of 12.

sadloserkid
28/08/2011, 9:18 PM
It's disappointing the league can't go with two divisions of 12.

Sure it's disappointing the league can't go with six divisions of twenty too. There's just not the interest there from either the clubs or the public. Even in the last odd decade St.Francis, Dublin City, Sporting Fingal, Kilkenny City and Kildare County have all failed as senior clubs.

Tralee should be alright though, with rumours of Salthill's demise suggesting that there's another place to be filled.

culloty82
29/08/2011, 6:46 PM
Don't think any club will be taking things for granted - based on results and facilities, would be hard to separate Tralee and Carlow, though if you're right about Salthill, both of them and Cobh would likely get in. That's not dismissing Fanad, but two seasons seniority will probably weigh against them.

Mr Maroon
30/08/2011, 7:23 AM
I don't see salthill pulling out of the league.

prince20
30/08/2011, 7:48 AM
I don't see Salthill pulling out either... But Galway United is a different story....

Mr Maroon
30/08/2011, 8:06 AM
We certainly won't pull out.

nigel-harps1954
30/08/2011, 4:26 PM
Can't see Salthill pulling out at all. They're a very well run club, it's just unfortunate their ground is in the back arse of nowhere.

As for Fanad only having 2 years seniority, they have a big catchment area for fans well away from both Harps and Derry, they'd easily have 150-200 at every home game I'd reckon for First Division at least for a while which is more than can be said for the likes of Mervue and Salthill. The problem with them is facilities. They don't exactly have any sort of stands there only probably the thinnest standing area in football and it is similar to Salthill in the way it's in the middle of nowhere. But personally I'd like to see them in the league.

At this stage the sensible option is to bring up Tralee, Carlow and Cobh and have a 12 team division. But I can't see this happening.

legendz
01/09/2011, 10:50 AM
Dead right, the sensible option is to promote all three and have a 12 team division. Carlow and Tralee have worked hard over the last few years. Both clubs should be lobbying the FAI, as the FAI and Rovers lobbied UEFA about grounds. If Carlow and Tralee lobby hard enough, if common sense prevails, there can be two divisions of twelve.

culloty82
28/09/2011, 1:16 PM
Dynamos have sent a delegation to Abbotstown today for a progress report on their First Division application. At least now they have a definite deadline to work towards, all the terms of the League manual have to be met by November 30th.

culloty82
05/10/2011, 1:48 PM
The FAI have been impressed by Dynamos commitment to the A Championship over their three-season involvement, it appears. The club say that much work remains to meet the targets, but that there will be an element of leeway that may afford them extra time to meet the criteria by the end of November. It all sounds very much like PR-speak, and you would have concerns over which areas are currently on track, and which need the bit of wiggle-room.

Dodge
05/10/2011, 2:00 PM
if there's one thing the league excels at, its giving wiggle room

And thats a good thing in most cases

1dynamos
07/10/2011, 1:26 PM
No PR speak, anyone can go to the FAI website and check what are the requirements for club license, go to the grounds and you will see what is needed.

S.E.P.1990
20/10/2011, 2:05 PM
Best of luck to Dynamos, I played a few cup final games down in Tralee and would love to see them in the LOI.

JC_GUFC
07/11/2011, 7:54 PM
Haven't come on here for a while - I think Tralee would be a great addition to the league.

Also as my other half is from Castleisland I could cunningly arrange a "visit to the in-laws" when United are playing down there! :)

legendz
09/11/2011, 3:02 PM
I hope they do get in. I'll be able to hit the road to Tralee after work on Fridays to take in the games. Hopefully they'll be good starts to the weekends!

culloty82
11/11/2011, 12:58 PM
The KDL have just announced plans to develop a full-size, all-weather pitch at Mounthawk Park, the development reaching completion by August. It may not relate directly to Dynamos, but having a UEFA-standard site next door can hardly harm their campaign.

legendz
11/11/2011, 1:58 PM
The KDL have just announced plans to develop a full-size, all-weather pitch at Mounthawk Park, the development reaching completion by August. It may not relate directly to Dynamos, but having a UEFA-standard site next door can hardly harm their campaign.

Was reading that last night in the Kerryman. Positive move by the KDL.

culloty82
22/11/2011, 1:56 PM
Jason Fitzgerald, who has been player and player-manager at various stages with Dynamos, has just been appointed Chairman for the new season.

nigel-harps1954
22/11/2011, 2:30 PM
This in a move to get into the First Division? How are things looking there for a first division team?

culloty82
22/11/2011, 9:21 PM
In terms of population and the strength of the game at local level, Kerry could definitely maintain a competitive First Division team, and Dynamos have the strongest organisation at present to achieve this, the question being whether they can build the fanbase and financial support required on their own. If necessary, both the last three seasons and the youth squad give Tralee the capacity to go it alone, but they would be all the more stronger if they could enlist all available Kerry players, such as the successful Killarney Celtic team. To do that, they'd probably have to change their name to "Kerry County" or similar, like Kildare did, to try to attract support from all over the county, but regardless of that, the local businesses in Tralee town should still give them enough backing to go for the First Division.

nigel-harps1954
23/11/2011, 9:00 AM
Sounds good, would be nice to make a trip down that direction next season.

culloty82
23/11/2011, 9:52 AM
As for the application itself, a few more details in today's Kerryman - Dynamos already knew that today week was D-Day, and the manual has been completed in time, but they now know that five clubs are in the running for licences (presumably the four A Championship sides and A N Other). Also, an FAI convention will be held in early December to decide on the League format and clubs involved - no info as to the meeting agenda, but presumably Dynamos will need to win support from the 21 current League clubs.

nigel-harps1954
23/11/2011, 10:10 AM
Interesting stuff. Wonder where they got those details. About time they got league format and such sorted though.

legendz
24/11/2011, 11:16 PM
In terms of population and the strength of the game at local level, Kerry could definitely maintain a competitive First Division team, and Dynamos have the strongest organisation at present to achieve this, the question being whether they can build the fanbase and financial support required on their own. If necessary, both the last three seasons and the youth squad give Tralee the capacity to go it alone, but they would be all the more stronger if they could enlist all available Kerry players, such as the successful Killarney Celtic team. To do that, they'd probably have to change their name to "Kerry County" or similar, like Kildare did, to try to attract support from all over the county, but regardless of that, the local businesses in Tralee town should still give them enough backing to go for the First Division.

Population and strenght of the game are definitely good. The county badly needs representation in the League of Ireland to bring the game on more within the county.

Dynamos definitely have the best organisation. No doubts on that and they've done great work over recent years. Hopefully theywill be able to build their fanbase, they are going to have to work very hard for that.
A change of name didn't work for Kildare but I've always felt they did that too soon. I've always believed Newbridge Town, in name as planned originally, should've entered the LoI years ago. After a few seasons if they'd established themselves and felt they needed a new name to re-invent themselves, that would actually be the time to do it while still relatively new.
I don't see any reason for Tralee to change names or anything like that as it is. They are going to have to work hard with in the county. A departing Mervue United manager accused players of junior mentality. There's a view by some with Dynamos that by being the only Kerry club they should get the backing of all clubs. Nothing happens like that. It'd be a sad reflection of life and people if it did. Tralee are going to have to work hard within the community and county to gain support. If they get the nod to join the First Division, next summer they'll have to look at hosting soccer camps to get kids invovled in the game. They'll have to do this not just in Tralee but a few miles north in Listowel, a few miles South in Killarney and a few miles west in Dingle. The club are going to have to work hard to earn a status of being a club for the county.

paudie
28/11/2011, 7:20 PM
As for the application itself, a few more details in today's Kerryman - Dynamos already knew that today week was D-Day, and the manual has been completed in time, but they now know that five clubs are in the running for licences (presumably the four A Championship sides and A N Other). Also, an FAI convention will be held in early December to decide on the League format and clubs involved - no info as to the meeting agenda, but presumably Dynamos will need to win support from the 21 current League clubs.

I doubt that all clubs would have to vote for the first division new entrants.

The clubs have ceded a lot of power to the FAI in the last few years so I'd say the FAI would have the final word.

culloty82
29/11/2011, 1:14 PM
Cool, it was the mention of the club convention in the paper that had me thinking that, but when that was held last week, it'll all come back to the Licensing Committee. Hopefully after tomorrow, the clubs will get some feedback before Christmas - teams who're new to the process will need more than three weeks to get up to speed for the new season.

legendz
30/11/2011, 3:05 PM
So today is deadline day. I hope all the effort put in by Dynamos pays off. I enjoyed the Kerry League's win over Waterford United a few years ago. It'd be great to see a Kerry club up against that type of opposition on a regular basis.

For a sports fan, while actively involved in sports as well, if Tralee don't get in, Fitzgerald's stadium and Thomond Park will probably remain the grounds to go for live sports in those respective codes.

David BOHie
19/12/2011, 12:00 AM
What's the latest on this, does it look like it'll get approved

culloty82
19/12/2011, 7:33 AM
Mr A, one of the resident Harps fans, seems to think that clubs will get provisional word on Thursday, with the release of fixture lists, but nothing will be known for definite until licence day in February.

historynut
03/01/2012, 12:21 PM
Just a thought should Dynamoes get elected, is theere any consideration for generating support around the county, by playing some home games at other grounds (facillities acceptable) around the county ?
Noted last summer passing along the Killarney by-pass Celtic's ground is being developed with some stands. Not sure re other venues other than possibly Listowell's.

culloty82
03/01/2012, 12:37 PM
Generally, most major KDL games are played at Mounthawk Park, which meets LoI standards, so Tralee would have been the main venue in any event. There's certainly a strong argument for alternating between Cahermoneen/Mounthawk (depending on if either or both can host First Division matches) and Killarney Celtic's ground, the only question being whether Celtic Park has the necessary infrastructure and if Celtic thought it would be in their interest to cooperate. Elsewhere, a public meeting to discuss the application has been postponed due to a bereavement - presumably it was due to be held as Dynamos had received correspondance from the FAI over Christmas?

Mr A
03/01/2012, 12:39 PM
Would the LOI even allow alternating venues?

Certainly it would be a right pain in the butt to get licensing passed on more than one venue.

historynut
03/01/2012, 12:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but is not Woodlawn not Killarney Athletic's ground off the Muckross Road, Killarnry Celtic's off the by-pass.

culloty82
03/01/2012, 1:07 PM
Duly corrected, and to answer Mr A, Cahermoneen would be down as the main venue - presumably when it hosted Bray in the FAI Cup, it must be good enough for the First Division.

culloty82
04/01/2012, 9:16 AM
As usual, Dynamos have directly contacted The Kerryman (http://www.kerryman.ie/sport/soccer/dday-dawning-for-dynamos-2979337.html), and the good news is that the club has been successful in securing a licence, but with two conditions:

Firstly, Cahermoneen requires a pitchside pathway and additional seating to be granted a stadium certificate. Secondly, the paper budget given to the FAI must be secured through actual funding, and to this end, a 400 Club will be established for fundraising. So, some substantial work still ahead, but no reason it can't be achieved by the 2nd of March. Interestingly, the article also states that the FAI will announce the First Division teams tomorrow fortnight, the 19th of January.

gufc2000
04/01/2012, 12:30 PM
Any pictures of Cahermoneen?

culloty82
04/01/2012, 12:50 PM
Strangely, no full-scale pictures of the whole ground, but the website's photos (http://traleedynamos.com/) will give you an idea.

culloty82
10/01/2012, 1:10 PM
The public meeting postponed last week will be held in the Carlton Hotel (Fels Point) tonight at 7 p.m. - basically, it'll detail the progress made to date and try to get all groups in Tralee town on board for the final licencing push.

legendz
12/01/2012, 12:15 PM
Any update from the meeting held the other night?