PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk fans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

gufct
13/03/2009, 9:54 PM
are the worst in the league.3 arrested during tonights game .they also attacked galway fans away from the ground 3 fans had to receive medical treatment.

gufc2000
13/03/2009, 9:56 PM
Yes heard about this, two apparently assaulted. Gardai were called in, those who were involved cannot be named at this stage, but its disgraceful to think that people cannot go to watch their local team without being attacked.
:mad:

centre mid
13/03/2009, 9:57 PM
Thats bad form, was there arrests at the match?

Maroon 7
13/03/2009, 9:57 PM
I missed all that although I was out the gate right on the final whistle. Between this and the stoning of the bus last week it's been an interesting start.

gufc2000
13/03/2009, 9:58 PM
Thats bad form, was there arrests at the match?

I'm not sure on that one.....

Dunny
13/03/2009, 10:00 PM
F**k sake!!!!:(:(

eamo1
13/03/2009, 10:02 PM
where did the assult take place?a couple of missles came our way while we were leaving the ground.scumbags the lot of them.
i cant remember there ever being 3 arrests in Terryland before:mad:

gufct
13/03/2009, 10:06 PM
one of the buses arrived 5 mins before half time & the blue minibus that the scumbags were on hadnt one sober person on it.

Saint_Charlie
13/03/2009, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't base the Dundalk support on the actions of a few clowns

Conor H
13/03/2009, 10:12 PM
It happened in the middle of the Dyke Road in full view of all the cars leaving Terryland.Just spoke to one of the lads attacked and they're ok now,although one of them is extremely shaken and has serious injuries.

Fully agree with gufct...never seen as many scumbags in an away support in Terryland as i did tonight.

Most Dundalk fans are proper football fans but you cannot shed all responsibility just because they aren't proper 'fans'.They were in the Dundalk section and had Dundalk scarves.Dundalk FC must be seen to take a zero tolerance approach on these vermin.

A face
13/03/2009, 10:12 PM

Exactly, but its up to the Gardai to throw the book at them and hopefully the three get some jail time.

gufc2000
13/03/2009, 10:14 PM

Yes but they are giving their club a bad name, just like ye did last week when some of yere supporters attacked our supporters bus

Dunny
13/03/2009, 10:14 PM
Title of thread should be changed, These are NOT Dundalk supporters(lets get that straight). Obviously just drunk pr!cks over to make trouble.

gufc2000
13/03/2009, 10:15 PM
Title of thread should be changed, These are NOT Dundalk supporters(lets get that straight). Obviously just drunk pr!cks over to make trouble.

Well they weren't Galway supporters

eamo1
13/03/2009, 10:16 PM
When the missles were thrown a huge cheer went up from the Dundalk fans waiting to leave,A huge cheer isnt made by 1 or 2 ppl,its made by MANY.i know cheering isnt the worst but it was them condoning the scummy action.I probably just need to calm down now.I should have went to a steward about it but the stewards were pre occupied.

Lilywhite Army
13/03/2009, 10:16 PM
Theres a small minority of scum that hang round Oriel..They go for trouble and not to see a good game..Our CEO publicly said last week any trouble makers will be banned..So hopefully justice will be done both by the gaurds charging these clowns and our club banning them..No clubs needs Clowns like these..A total Discrace to the club who usually have a very well behaved travelling crowd

A face
13/03/2009, 10:17 PM
What is the telephone number of the Garda Station where they are being held? Maybe a few phonecalls for LOI fans encouraging them to get a hefty penalty would do the trick.

Lock them up and throw away the key is the only way to deal with them scumbags.

Maroon 7
It happened in the middle of the Dyke Road in full view of all the cars leaving Terryland.

I must have missed it by minutes. I came down that way but was practically jogging down to beat the rain.

Dunny
Well they weren't Galway supporters

Who said they were? The point was there not supporters at all...

Conor H
13/03/2009, 10:18 PM

While i agree to an extent it cannot be denied that these are Dundalks problem.Dundalk FC can sort this out by finding out who they are,banning them from Oriel and in turn all LOI grounds.

Furthermore the Guards should take firm action aswell once the scum have been identified.

Dunny
13/03/2009, 10:18 PM
Theres a small minority of scum that hang round Oriel..They go for trouble and not to see a good game..Our CEO publicly said last week any trouble makers will be banned..So hopefully justice will be done both by the gaurds charging these clowns and our club banning them..No clubs needs Clowns like these..A total Discrace to the club who usually have a very well behaved travelling crowd

The club should contact the Garda station where they are being held. (Wont happen though..:rolleyes:)

gufc2000
13/03/2009, 10:19 PM

In all fairness the last time (October 06-their were 400 of ye) ye were down ye did behave and were fully co-operative, a credit to yere club.

As you say, they should now be at least banned from all LOI grounds

Conor H
13/03/2009, 10:19 PM
What is the telephone number of the Garda Station where they are being held? Maybe a few phonecalls for LOI fans encouraging them to get a hefty penalty would do the trick.

Lock them up and throw away the key is the only way to deal with them scumbags.

Don't know the number but it would be Millstreet Garda Station.

Jofspring
13/03/2009, 10:20 PM
its so obvious they are not real supporters....where were these trouble makers last season when dundalk where in the first divsion?? never any hassle with them here at any match i was at and i stood next to th edundalk fans at all their visits, i usually stand near the away support. They are all coming out of the woodwork causing trouble now because Dundalk are in the premier .

gufc2000
13/03/2009, 10:21 PM
Who said they were? The point was there not supporters at all...

Well they hardly came to Galway for the craic. If they were with in the Dundalk, then they are Dundalk fans.

A face
13/03/2009, 10:23 PM
don't know the number but it would be millstreet garda station.

091 538000 .... ring and ask that they be dealt with properly. Leaving these guys off scott free to do that same thing again next week will never help the situation.

Dunny
13/03/2009, 10:24 PM
Well they hardly came to Galway for the craic. If they were with in the Dundalk, then they are Dundalk fans.

What a load of bullsh!t!! These fellas only attach themselves to the club to cause trouble. They are NOT Dundalk fans.

Louth4sam
13/03/2009, 10:27 PM

Dunny i think its time for people to stop burying their heads in the sand. They were there to support Dundalk so they are Dundalk supporters even if we wish they wern't. These lads are the scum of the earth and the only way it will be stamped out is if the courts come down hard on them.

Dunny
13/03/2009, 10:33 PM
Dunny i think its time for people to stop burying their heads in the sand. They were there to support Dundalk so they are Dundalk supporters even if we wish they wern't. These lads are the scum of the earth and the only way it will be stamped out is if the courts come down hard on them.

Whil I usually agree with you L4S, I completly disagree that they were there to support Dundalk. Its a Friday and they probably though lets go over for a **** up. Durin the match I am sure they were not watchin or interested in the game being played. I see it all the time at Oriel, they are there for drinking and getting at the other fans. Nothing to do with supporting the home team at all.

Patrick Dunne
13/03/2009, 10:34 PM
Were any Dundalk supporters actually arrested after the incident ?

gufc2000
13/03/2009, 10:34 PM
At least you're honest

Dunny
13/03/2009, 10:37 PM
Were any Dundalk supporters actually arrested after the incident ?

3, according to the first post...

Patrick Dunne
13/03/2009, 10:45 PM
The vast majority of Dundalk supporters are decent people. Dundalk FC are a great club with a proud history, they shouldn't let scum like this ruin their reputation.

dcfcsteve
13/03/2009, 11:03 PM
To be fair, there have been occasional problems off and on over the years with Dundalk supporters/hangers on. It's not an isolated instance*

* (though before anyone gets all shirty, it's not regular either.)

Celdrog
13/03/2009, 11:11 PM
What a load of bullsh!t!! These fellas only attach themselves to the club to cause trouble. They are NOT Dundalk fans.Did you pick that up from the Garda scanner this week Dunny? You really talk a lot of bull**** at times

Dunny
13/03/2009, 11:13 PM
did you pick that up from the garda scanner this week dunny? You really talk a lot of bull**** at times

:D l..o...l What about your scum element? Did ye sort that out yet?....NO...Cop on to yourself.

Celdrog
13/03/2009, 11:24 PM
:D l..o...l What about your scum element? Did ye sort that out yet?....NO...Cop on to yourself.Maxi still allowed in??

Dunny
13/03/2009, 11:27 PM
Maxi still allowed in??

How would I know? I dont go looking for the fella, what about the scum who chased most of our supporters in the Malone cup? They still aloud in? In fairness you cant criticize, most clubs in the league have the scum element. And Drogheda is most certainly one of them.

maroon ultra
14/03/2009, 12:13 AM
I was one of the fans attacked tonight by a few Dundalk fans. It really makes you consider supporting LOI soccer, It was no doubt a great night for United tonight as we topped the league but here I am with a fat lip and my mates, one of who was attending his first LOI game. Absolutely disgusted.

the-blue-harp
14/03/2009, 12:16 AM
oh tv3 would have a field day with this, they'll be quoting this site with thick galway and louth accents for effect.

bad form from the dundalk fans (who i thought from 2007 season where gracefull in defeat).

the-blue-harp
14/03/2009, 12:18 AM
I was one of the fans attacked tonight by a few Dundalk fans. It really makes you consider supporting LOI soccer, It was no doubt a great night for United tonight as we topped the league but here I am with a fat lip and my mates, one of who was attending his first LOI game. Absolutely disgusted.

dont give up on going to games because of one incident, the likelyhood of it happening to you again are slim man.:ball:

eamo1
14/03/2009, 12:23 AM
Yes,please dont give up Maroon Ultra,really sorry to hear what happened to you.This was an isolated incident.If it was happening every week then i wouldnt be going myself.I know your angry,hurt and shocked but please dont stop doing something you enjoy.

Mr Maroon
14/03/2009, 12:52 AM

It takes this to happen for the club to think about banning them? If action had been taken to ban this element from Dundalk's support/following/whatever you want to call it, this wouldn't have happened tonight.

I personally witnessed some very scummy behaviour by a LARGE number of Dundalk "fans" after our last meeting in the First Division. It was away from Terryland and I never heard any more about it.

I hope those that were assaulted are alright after it.

Philly
14/03/2009, 1:31 AM
I remember earlier last season, a decent amount of Dundalk fans were acting very poorly, some twisted on booze, some that just seemed pilled off their head. They done some damage to our bathrooms and threw stuff on the pitch a few times. Acted very imtimidating and agressive to younger KCFC fans that were passing by them at various stages of the game. There seemed to be someone from Dundalk keeping an eye on them.

Dundalk should sort this out soon. They WERE fans, like it or not. Non-fans don't travel across the country to see a LOI game! They should all be banned, the whole bus. And it should be as obvious as **** to those involved with Dundalk who were involved and who is likely to do something like this again.

CSFShels
14/03/2009, 1:35 AM
Bohs have just as bad, if not worse, and they're probably not the only one. Never had any problems with Dundalk fans in any of our games against them but I'm not for a minute doubting theres a big scum element.

SkStu
14/03/2009, 4:07 AM
Bohs have just as bad, if not worse, and they're probably not the only one. Never had any problems with Dundalk fans in any of our games against them but I'm not for a minute doubting theres a big scum element.

how are your own element behaving this year CSFShels? :rolleyes:

by the by, it seems that Derry have taken a new approach to the hooligan problem by beating lumps out of each other outside their bus before they went back to Derry... :D

from the Bohs mb: "Did anyone else go by the Derry supporters bus on Connaught st after the match and see the fight Derry fans were having amongst themselves just accross from their bus? Some very nasty punches thrown with one fella who looked like he was trying to stop it properly layed out after one punch. Funny thing was they were all on the same bus as each other so I presume they would of had to travel home after with each other! Would of been one long trip home to Derry on that bus"

OneRedArmy
14/03/2009, 8:07 AM
We had a few complete scumbags in Dalyer last night.

OneForTheFuture
14/03/2009, 8:09 AM
how are your own element behaving this year CSFShels? :rolleyes:

by the by, it seems that Derry have taken a new approach to the hooligan problem by beating lumps out of each other outside their bus before they went back to Derry... :D

from the Bohs mb: "Did anyone else go by the Derry supporters bus on Connaught st after the match and see the fight Derry fans were having amongst themselves just accross from their bus? Some very nasty punches thrown with one fella who looked like he was trying to stop it properly layed out after one punch. Funny thing was they were all on the same bus as each other so I presume they would of had to travel home after with each other! Would of been one long trip home to Derry on that bus"

They must have got the idea upon hearing of the Bohs fans starting a mini riot amongst themselves in the Bohs/Shels preseason:eek:

Karl Phillips
14/03/2009, 8:27 AM
Unlike the UK we the Clubs do not pay for the Guards outside the ground, and until this situation is changed there is a sort of, well it's not our problem. The Clubs know exactly who these knuckle draggers are, and yet are reluctant to deal with it. I also think the comments about not going to games because of this behavior are correct, why would anybody want to put themselves in that position.

pixiehead
14/03/2009, 8:36 AM
HOw old where the pr1cks involved? Is this another case of boozey Bebo Bullies or where these grown adults??
The Dundalk Fans where asked to stay behind last nite for a time so how was this allowed to happen? I feel for the lads who where attacked. Its just a shame they didnt come for me id open a can of serious wopass on the sh1ts :mad: