PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Return

Pages : [1] 2

Marco
12/03/2009, 8:04 PM
Just a quick message to all Shamrock Rovers fan, staff & players management, the very best wishes for the future in Tallagh, hope yuse have a great opening night.

Sheridan
12/03/2009, 8:07 PM
You're in the wrong forum, and there are eight million threads on this already.

Hairy Bowsie
12/03/2009, 9:25 PM
Add that to the fact that the Rovers fans have boycotted this forum, despite the fact that they're accounts aren't being deleted, even at their own requests and it's a very pointless post.

MickNolan
12/03/2009, 10:26 PM
Do it here:
www.srfcultrasforum.com

MariborKev
12/03/2009, 10:53 PM
Same as,

I been in touch with most of the Hoops I know but to all the rest I don't enjoy it.

I remember visiting the site in January 2002. To see it come to fruition is superb.Can't wait to see it in person in two weeks time.

It's been a long road lads, party like its 1989 tomorrow night:D

WoodquayBoy
13/03/2009, 9:11 AM
On this most proud day for your club, can I just say congrats to Shamrock Rovers, enjoy the occasion and welcome 'home'.
I hope the Mods don't move this thread as, while it is aimed at Rovers fans, at the same time it is a proud day for the WHOLE league to see what is historically the country's greatest club finally get somewhere to lay their hat once and for all.

EDIT - oops, saw another thread already opened - and moved - on this issue, sorry

dfx-
13/03/2009, 9:14 AM
I think a fair few people will be partying enough for every year since 1989 today starting about....now :D

gspain
13/03/2009, 9:28 AM
I think a fair few people will be partying enough for every year since 1989 today starting about....now :D

It was 1987.

Enjoy the party.

dfx-
13/03/2009, 9:33 AM
It was 1987.

It is long imprinted on my brain ;)

MariborKev
13/03/2009, 9:36 AM
It was 1987.

Enjoy the party.

Unfortunately Prince didn't record "Party Like it's 1997" though......:D

dcfcsteve
13/03/2009, 10:37 AM
Unfortunately Prince didn't record "Party Like it's 1997" though......:D

Nor 1989......:p

:D

BohDiddley
13/03/2009, 12:31 PM
Add that to the fact that the Rovers fans have boycotted this forum, despite the fact that they're accounts aren't being deleted, even at their own requests and it's a very pointless post.
What's the boycott about?
BTW... good luck to Rovers in Tallaght. Glad it was retained for football against the forces of darkness

Can't wait to recreate those Tolka moments of late and see that nice new stand silenced mid Butterc...

fergalr
13/03/2009, 12:40 PM
Club shop opens today as well.
http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/552-club-shop-opens-today

Boh_So_Good
13/03/2009, 12:49 PM
Best of luck Rovers and congrates to your club, fans and organisation for defying the odds.

I'll be back to hating you all in the morning mind.

Boh_So_Good
13/03/2009, 12:56 PM
Bad day all round for Tom Humpries.

http://www.ireland.com/home/Irish_Times_seeks_wage_cuts_revenue_falls/maxiview.ie?mx_fast_NEWS_irishtimes.com_uuid=22623 2_irnews

fergalr
13/03/2009, 1:11 PM
Bad day all round for Tom Humpries.

http://www.ireland.com/home/Irish_Times_seeks_wage_cuts_revenue_falls/maxiview.ie?mx_fast_NEWS_irishtimes.com_uuid=22623 2_irnews
And lest we forget (courtesy of a Bohs website!):

http://bohsnews.wordpress.com/2007/03/20/humphries-lashes-out-at-commercial-soccer/
http://bohsnews.wordpress.com/2007/03/28/rovers-object-to-humphries-commercial-slur/

Boh_So_Good
13/03/2009, 1:33 PM
And lest we forget (courtesy of a Bohs website!):

http://bohsnews.wordpress.com/2007/03/20/humphries-lashes-out-at-commercial-soccer/
http://bohsnews.wordpress.com/2007/03/28/rovers-object-to-humphries-commercial-slur/

the irony now is that Thomas Davis is broke and Thomas Humpries is soon to be homeless.

Mr A
13/03/2009, 1:59 PM
Fair play to Rovers and SDCC.

I'm kind of hoping there'll be something referring to the old 'Last Man Standing' thing on display at the game tonight. :)

Topman
13/03/2009, 2:58 PM
Best of Luck in your "New Home" Shamrock Rovers from all at FC-Carlow

Straightstory
13/03/2009, 4:29 PM
Good luck to the Rovers. What will the capacity be when the stadium is finished?

Martinho II
13/03/2009, 4:45 PM
believe when the other stand is opened later in the year it will bring the capacity up to 7000 capacity..

Stuttgart88
13/03/2009, 7:06 PM
Watching on my laptop in London. Looks fantastic. Lump in my throat watching.

Hope the Rovers fans remember how supportive Sligo were on the last day at Milltown.

Niall
13/03/2009, 10:51 PM

Hope the Rovers fans remember how supportive Sligo were on the last day at Milltown.

How dis you manage to watch the match on internet? let me know - Would be great to catch LoI matches of even highlights over here.

Niall
Melbourne, Australia

Dunny
13/03/2009, 10:53 PM
It was broadcast live on the RTE website, they put the Dundalk-Bohs game up so am sure they will put the Rovers on up, just keep an eye on it. Also you can watch MNS every week on the website.

soccerc
13/03/2009, 10:59 PM
What's another five minutes waiting after 22 years awandering

http://photos3.pix.ie/8D/6A/8D6A0E9B0D9C48C1A7BFF5ED557BDC81-800.jpg (http://pix.ie/soccerc/864755)

GreenStar
14/03/2009, 1:35 AM

We do and we did fittingly at the game tonight as Sligo fans present will testify.

manic da hoop
14/03/2009, 11:03 AM
Any pictures of the game in Talalalalalala ?

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8359

http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertw/sets/72157615177507097/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/soccerc/sets/72157615137336265/

Cormac
14/03/2009, 11:05 AM
I watched the game last night, New Stand looks fantastic, Its been a long time coming, Enjoy!

madblaa
14/03/2009, 11:18 AM
I love Rovers, lovey people, lovely fans and never cause a bit of trouble, anywhere!

GreenStar
14/03/2009, 12:15 PM
Best of Luck in your "New Home" Shamrock Rovers from all at FC-Carlow

Hello Mr. Carlow. What's with the exclamation marks? I don't quite follow.

sligoman
14/03/2009, 12:38 PM
I love Rovers, lovey people, lovely fans and never cause a bit of trouble, anywhere!Eh did you not see Lawless Ireland? They are evil!:p

pixiehead
14/03/2009, 2:20 PM
Jealous of the club shop :o
Is the game on RTE archive does anyone know

SkStu
14/03/2009, 3:07 PM
Hello Mr. Carlow. What's with the exclamation marks? I don't quite follow.

exclamation marks!!!!!?

i think you'll find they're inverted commas.... :cool:

sligoman
14/03/2009, 3:09 PM
Nothing too special about the ground. Nice stand, nothing else. It would look well with terrace at both ends and will be good when the other stand is built.

eirebhoy
14/03/2009, 6:14 PM
Any plans for stands behind the goals?

KianD
14/03/2009, 6:37 PM
Whats planned for the second stand? Clone of the current? Or some form of permanent-prefab like Pats/Bray have?

The latter don't last. The South Stand in Withdean (Brighton's temporary ground) is a permanent prefab stand, designed and implemented by a major stadium builder (McAlpine) and after a decade the boarding appears to be starting to come apart - its a hairy experience squeezing past others to get to a mid-block seat!

passinginterest
14/03/2009, 6:40 PM
Have to say it was a great night in Tallaght. The whole event was extremely well managed, the club shop is fantastic, the view from the stand is top class, the atmosphere was charged, emotional and very tense at times, I felt lucky to be there and I hope the great spirit and friendliness of the occasion can be carried into the future. It'll be a fantastic ground when the second stand is completed and if the ends ever get finished it'll be a top class stadium.

passinginterest
14/03/2009, 6:41 PM
Whats planned for the second stand? Clone of the current? Or some form of permanent-prefab like Pats/Bray have?

Clone of the first stand minus the ancillary facilities, containing the shop, function rooms etc.

Jicked
14/03/2009, 7:33 PM
Nothing too special about the ground. Nice stand, nothing else. It would look well with terrace at both ends and will be good when the other stand is built.

Ha, you're not serious are you?

sligoman
14/03/2009, 7:49 PM
You are some begrudging ****. Its the only UEFA 3 star facility in the country, the only ground with proper corporate facilities, floodlights are the best in the country, its streets ahead of every other ground in safety design aspects, the playing surface is immaculate and the club shop is EPL standard.

ClownI'm talking from a supporters point of view. I don't care about corporate facilities. Of course the pitch is in great condition, it hasn't been used much yet. Wasn't in the club shop so can't comment on that.

I'd rather the Showgrounds, Turners Cross and Dalymount over it.

HulaHoop
14/03/2009, 8:08 PM
sligoman - a look back on your posts in relation to Rovers and Tallaght reveals you to be nothing but a bitter little man with a large chip on your shoulder so why don't you just keep your foolish opinions to yourself?

GreenStar
14/03/2009, 9:47 PM
exclamation marks!!!!!?

i think you'll find they're inverted commas.... :cool:

Was someone talking to you? That's the kind of rubbish that has our fans not coming on here. It's an internet message board not an english lesson. If Mr. Carlow can't see an obvious mistake and let it go then why do you have to pick it up?

sligoman
14/03/2009, 11:01 PM
sligoman - a look back on your posts in relation to Rovers and Tallaght reveals you to be nothing but a bitter little man with a large chip on your shoulder so why don't you just keep your foolish opinions to yourself?So because I don't jump on the Tallaght is great bandwagon I'm just bitter. Yeah ok then, g'luck!

Minnow. Mentioning the showgrounds in the same breath as turners cross is laughable.

You are a bitter little gob****e, and i will now ignore you.I'm not saying the Showgrounds is better than TC, obviously it's not. I do rate it higher than Tallaght at the moment though. If you disagree, I personally don't care.

HulaHoop
14/03/2009, 11:44 PM
So because I don't jump on the Tallaght is great bandwagon I'm just bitter. Yeah ok then, g'luck!
I'm not saying the Showgrounds is better than TC, obviously it's not. I do rate it higher than Tallaght at the moment though. If you disagree, I personally don't care.

No it's because your history on this forum has always shown a bitterness towards Rovers and a chip on your shoulder about us. You even wanted the GAA to win the Tallaght court case ffs and at the time we were in examinership you were hoping for our demise so you could say you were the only Rovers in Ireland :rolleyes: For you to come out now and say Tallaght Stadium is nothing special is about as predictable as a Pat Kenny interview.

sligoman
14/03/2009, 11:53 PM
No it's because your history on this forum has always shown a bitterness towards Rovers and a chip on your shoulder about us. You even wanted the GAA to win the Tallaght court case ffs and at the time we were in examinership you were hoping for our demise so you could say you were the only Rovers in Ireland :rolleyes: For you to come out now and say Tallaght Stadium is nothing special is about as predictable as a Pat Kenny interview.Don't remember that bit(not saying I didn't say it)...have you a little notepad and you're taking down all my posts about Shams because the fact that you remember it is pretty weird imo. Anyway, I've finished what I wanted to say and have no interest in continuing to drag this thread off topic.

HulaHoop
15/03/2009, 12:09 AM
Don't remember that bit(not saying I didn't say it)...have you a little notepad and you're taking down all my posts about Shams because the fact that you remember it is pretty weird imo. Anyway, I've finished what I wanted to say and have no interest in continuing to drag this thread off topic.

No I remember it because it stuck in my head how pathetic it was that you wished to see us go to the wall for the sake of having the name Rovers to yourself and I remember the Tallaght court case because I think you were the only one on any football forum I read to say you wanted the GAA to win. Even Bohs fans didn't want the GAA to win. Things like that do tend to stick in your head when the subjects in question mean so much to you.

Hairy Bowsie
15/03/2009, 12:22 AM
Have to say it was a great night in Tallaght. The whole event was extremely well managed, the club shop is fantastic, the view from the stand is top class, the atmosphere was charged, emotional and very tense at times, I felt lucky to be there and I hope the great spirit and friendliness of the occasion can be carried into the future. It'll be a fantastic ground when the second stand is completed and if the ends ever get finished it'll be a top class stadium.

So while you're team were playing against Waterford, you were in Tallaght?

dfx-
15/03/2009, 1:11 AM
I love Rovers, lovey people, lovely fans and never cause a bit of trouble, anywhere!

Excellent so (http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/members/about-membership?71cce52574d4d86948f2109dfa3ec02e=877b25 548c6f981be6bd6ec511815607):)

No problem with Sligoman's comments though I don't agree. It's hardly criticism or bitterness, ffs. Though Dalymount and The Showgrounds was pushing it a bit too far :p

celticV3
15/03/2009, 1:31 AM
Did someone at the start of this thread say shams fans tended not to post here?:D

I loved the ground and there's only one stand in it yet. The stand is great imo. The roof is low enough so fans can be heard singing but high enough for displays to be done like friday night. The stand itself is well laid out in terms of exits and seats are spacious. The big screen is top class as well, it won't last in tallaght but fair play all the same:D

passinginterest
15/03/2009, 8:31 AM
So while you're team were playing against Waterford, you were in Tallaght?

Sure was I live in Tallaght, might as well support my local team. I've never claimed to go to every Youths game, I was in Tolka to see them last week and I'll be in Santry next week.