PDA

View Full Version : Youths v Waterford

Youths4Ever
12/03/2009, 7:02 PM
What do people think we can get from this game?

Having seen Waterford play last week I think we could be in trouble if we play as poorly as we did against Shels.

Waterford passed the ball very well and closed down from front to back if we sit back and allow them to pass the ball around we could be in trouble only saving grace seems to be then appeared to be lacking a little something up front.

I hope to be proven wrong on all this and Wexford play great football and win in front of what should be a large crowd.

oldyouth
13/03/2009, 7:58 AM
If we play like we did in pre-season, we'll be fine. If we use the same tactics as we did against Shels, then it's a quiet drive home afterwards for me.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
13/03/2009, 3:32 PM
I think we'll win 0 - 1.

I think Graham Cummins will get the winner.

Will Liam Spratt be doing the commontery on South - East Radio ?

Youths4Ever
13/03/2009, 3:43 PM
I think we'll win 0 - 1.

I think Graham Cummins will get the winner.

Will Liam Spratt be doing the commontery on South - East Radio ?

Liam is not doing the commentary tonight Alan Corcoran is doing it in his absence.

The Optimist
13/03/2009, 3:45 PM
Mr spratt is over in cheltenham fleecing the bookies.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
13/03/2009, 10:29 PM
The commontator on South - East Radio mentioned tonight that there was a camera man at the game tonight. Do ye put ye're highlights on You Tube, and will the highlights of the game tonight be on You Tube ?

oldyouth
14/03/2009, 7:57 AM
The commontator on South - East Radio mentioned tonight that there was a camera man at the game tonight. Do ye put ye're highlights on You Tube, and will the highlights of the game tonight be on You Tube ?
The Supporters Club have their very own Steven Speilberg and the highlights of this game and all our others feature on the home page of our website www.wexfordyouthsfcsc.com. Give it a few days for it to appear. Expect the odd raindrop on the lens from tonight's game:)

Iorfa2MaccaJim
15/03/2009, 1:02 PM
Great.

I look forward to seeing those later.

Thanks.

oldyouth
15/03/2009, 3:16 PM
Video is up now

blue til i die
17/03/2009, 5:26 PM
lads, how many does the stand there hold?

oldyouth
17/03/2009, 7:12 PM
The 'temporary' stand holds 607 but the proposed stand on the far side will facilitate 2,500. But that is another story

blue til i die
17/03/2009, 7:32 PM
The 'temporary' stand holds 607 but the proposed stand on the far side will facilitate 2,500. But that is another story

Thanks, just trying to see where the 780 people were from the match on friday.

oldyouth
17/03/2009, 8:25 PM
They were with the rest of the lightweights (my family included) in the clubhouse

blue til i die
17/03/2009, 9:16 PM
They were with the rest of the lightweights (my family included) in the clubhouse

Ah, i never thought about that. many fit in there?

Splurge
18/03/2009, 9:10 AM
Ah, i never thought about that. many fit in there?

On a night like that a fair few, over a hundred.

Splurge
18/03/2009, 3:33 PM
I tought it was strange that WD warmed up on the pitch before the game allright, they decided to use the whole pitch aswell. I tought Mick had decided to allow it this yr but apparently not.

http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/notenjoyable.html

Friday night’s game at home to Waterford was not an enjoyable affair. I should start by thanking the supporters for coming out on one of the worst nights of the year with its excess of wind, rain and cold. It was impossible to play good football in the prevailing conditions but it should be said that Waterford coped better than we did and deserved to win the game. We had our chances to draw the game, most notably in the last minute and earlier when the referee refused to give us a certain penalty despite having a good view of it, but then we hardly deserved anything from the game. On a positive note, it should be noted that the former Wexford Celtic player Peter White, who now lives in Carrick–on-Suir, gave an exhibition in defending and was a pleasure to behold.
The night was not without controversy as Waterford manager Dave Henderson insisted on the right to warm up on the front pitch despite my appeals to him to show the club some respect. Waterford became the first league side to do so despite the fact that our 2nd pitch is of a higher quality than their first pitch. Gamesmanship, to put it crudely. In return, we refused to feed the Waterford players and officials after the game – a choice which was offered to their manager prior to his decision to use main pitch for part of his warm up. I regret the disappointment caused to the Waterford players who are a good bunch of lads but I felt obliged to highlight the poor behaviour of their manager and his lack of respect for our club.
Given that the Wexford Youths are the only club in the country providing a full meal for both teams after the game, it was comical that he complained about not getting fed, as if it was their divine right.
Such is life.

he did right imo, if teams wont cooperate on this small ask then they should get nothing. It's not like we get an unfair disadvantage or anything. I wonder will Henderson remember this when he's complaining about the state of pitches over the course of the season.

passinginterest
18/03/2009, 3:51 PM
Splurge, the problem is, and it's been aknowledged by other Youths fans who were there, that the weather conditions were atrocious making the lighting on the back pitch very poor. Wallace can't expect teams to warm up on a pitch that's not lit to a sufficent standard.

I don't think he helps his cause at all with that statement, it just adds to the theory that he's acting like a spoilt brat. It's like the kid picking up his football and going home because his team aren't having it all their own way.

blue til i die
18/03/2009, 7:09 PM
Waterford manager Dave Henderson??

If you're going to go on a rant, at least get our managers name right.
I completely agree with passinginterest, the weather was terriblemaking the lighting on the back pitch terrible.STEPHEN Henderson had every right to warm up on the main pitch.

Why is your second pitch of better quality than your first anyway?

WexCar
18/03/2009, 7:59 PM
Why is your second pitch of better quality than your first anyway?

Waterford became the first league side to do so despite the fact that our 2nd pitch is of a higher quality than their first pitch.

i'm afraid you misread the sentence :)

Splurge
18/03/2009, 8:03 PM
I dont see the problem, if the WD manager came with some FIFA leglislation he was obviously planning to ruffle some feathers, good lighting or bad. I walked by the training pitch the other night and it seemed fine, our lads looked to be doing ok on it either way. For the sake of the pitch and good football i cant understand why opposing teams can agree to this. After the WD game it looked as bad as ive ever seen it, granted the conditions were atrocious.

blue til i die
18/03/2009, 8:19 PM
I dont see the problem, if the WD manager came with some FIFA leglislation he was obviously planning to ruffle some feathers, good lighting or bad. I walked by the training pitch the other night and it seemed fine, our lads looked to be doing ok on it either way. For the sake of the pitch and good football i cant understand why opposing teams can agree to this. After the WD game it looked as bad as ive ever seen it, granted the conditions were atrocious.

putting up a little rant on the website is a bit daft imo.

I think teams are now going to do it just to make a point of it, not because they need to.

bellavistaman
18/03/2009, 8:47 PM
Mick is dead right in my opinion, hope there was a garage with sambos nearby!! Turncoats!!

da bishop
19/03/2009, 11:11 PM
think the key word here is respect and hendo didn,t show much of that and followed it up afterwards by being his usual arrogant self .

Footsoldier
20/03/2009, 9:19 AM
You're right, the key word is respect and I think neither Hendo nor the Hairy One showed any of it. Unfortunately, if the rules are there to allow it, Mick is going to have to swallow his pride.