PDA

View Full Version : Live Updates, anyone?

joe
27/09/2001, 11:25 PM
The lack of a reliable service with regards to the reporting of Irish football matches has often been discussed. We know that an attempt was made towards the end of last season to get an on-line live updates service going and if people still feel such a service is needed and enough people are willing to assist we would like to facilitate such a service. Basically, we're putting this out there for you to discuss and if the response is there we will do our best to get it going. Over to you.

James
28/09/2001, 7:58 AM
joe that sounds like an excellant idea. well done for coming up with that.

an attempt was made towards the end of last season to get an on-line live updates service going

FYI Joe we did get an online live service going, no attempt about. it also proved very successfull getting several hundred page impressions for the last games of the season.

it also proves a good way for overseas and exiled eircom league fans to follow their side rather then rely on aertel for scores that are normally wrong and always 2 hours late anyay.

hell thats what i'll be dpending on from next weekend on :mad:

pete
28/09/2001, 10:16 AM
Whilst it worked for the end of last season that was really because almost every game had a significance.

Can only see it working for biggish games this year. Problem is finding someone willing to sit at the pooter for 2 hours ;)

dahamsta
28/09/2001, 10:28 AM
Can only see it working for biggish games this year. Problem is finding someone willing to sit at the pooter for 2 hours ;)

Doesn't bother me, I've got better things to be doing than watching 22 men chase a pigskin around a field like a bunch of fai...

Oops! My secret's out!

adam