PDA

View Full Version : Perlico

stann
11/03/2009, 7:31 PM
Following on from the Blackout Ireland thing, Perlico then.
Anyone use them? How does the service match up to eircom? Obviously cheaper but in terms of bandwidth, contention etc...

dahamsta
11/03/2009, 10:50 PM
(support)

Not qualified to comment on any of the above, by dint of not being a customer. But I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Lionel Ritchie
11/03/2009, 11:23 PM
Following on from the Blackout Ireland thing, Perlico then.
Anyone use them? How does the service match up to eircom? Obviously cheaper but in terms of bandwidth, contention etc...

I've heard absolutely nothing good and some that would imply the level of service afforded is comparable to the amount of Protection one would be affored from the rain by a tennis Racket (sic). ;)

A face
12/03/2009, 12:29 AM
I've heard absolutely nothing good and some that would imply the level of service afforded is comparable to the amount of Protection one would be affored from the rain by a tennis Racket (sic). ;)

Yeah, only bad news stories. I think their customer service team would all need to be fired and a whole new team brought in to even try and solve their problems.

tetsujin1979
12/03/2009, 9:42 AM
Try searching on boards.ie for threads discussing Perlico in the title, or check the Broadband forum - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259 - for a comparison of different ISP's

I'm on NTL (get phone/broadband/tv with them) and rarely have any problems with them. Got bumped up to a 10Mb connection last year for free.

pete
12/03/2009, 10:48 AM
Surely Perlico just buy wholesale from Eircom & Repackage? (like many other similar companies)

:confused:

dahamsta
12/03/2009, 11:17 AM
All fixed line operators do that, there's no other option unless the connection comes over cable (UPC) or wireless. It's the nature of the business and it's not a good enough reason NOT to buy from Eircom.

Unfortunately very few of the resellers have differentiated themselves on service and support though, which is as good a reason as any not to bother moving, whoever you happen to be with at the moment.

I'd recommend wireless + voip to anyone that can get it these days. It's the only way to break the monopolies.

adam

stann
12/03/2009, 12:43 PM
it's not a good enough reason NOT to buy from Eircom.
Unfortunately very few of the resellers have differentiated themselves on service and support though, which is as good a reason as any not to bother moving, whoever you happen to be with at the moment

No, but I was thinking the whole reason for the blackout avatars was.
Obviously the principled stand must go out the window when faced with practicalities! :D
I'd have also thought eircom's ludicrously high charges would be another reason though.
I just mentioned Perlico as I happened to get some of their bumph through the letterbox the other day. Thanks all for the heads up there!
I'll keep looking.

tiktok
12/03/2009, 12:47 PM
I'm with UTV and I'm very happy with them, the support is excellent.