PDA

View Full Version : Old-Timers

Ross_DCU
11/03/2009, 12:43 PM
Is anyone here or does anyone know of any older fans that go to games regularly at their local clubs.?

I'm part of a production group working on a Documentary for our final year project in Multimedia in DCU.

We will be focusing on clubs in the community and the fans that support their local club.

We would love to find someone(or even a small group) willing to participate that would represent the older generation that attend games regularly and what following a club means to them.

We've been featured just recently on http://www.monaghanunited.ie/ as we will showing some Monaghan and Shelbourne fans as part of the documentary at the game this Friday.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide

Battery Rover
11/03/2009, 1:58 PM
We have a few over 70s that attend every home game and I am sure they would be willing to help

SkStu
11/03/2009, 2:07 PM
hey Ross - my advice would be to go to each clubs messageboards and ask some of the people on there for possible names etc or contact the clubs directly. Bohs would have a list of members that you/they could contact about this.

check out this by the way, something similar was done by a Bohs fan a couple of years ago, might give you some ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5astLvFWbU&feature=related

shantykelly
11/03/2009, 3:38 PM
two posters on our mb, davy and eugenio, have been attending matches for years, including during the IL days. try contacting them as their probably one of the best first hand accounts of dcfc during those days.

thischarmingman
11/03/2009, 7:36 PM
two posters on our mb, davy and eugenio, have been attending matches for years, including during the IL days. try contacting them as their probably one of the best first hand accounts of dcfc during those days.

Just came on to post this.

gspain
12/03/2009, 9:10 AM
If you go to the games you'll have no trouble finding these people.

Ask at the gate at any LoI ground and they can be pointed out. Some may or may not be willing to go on camera.

I know you'll need permission to bring the equipment in and to film but I'd guess most clubs would be fine.

Magicme
12/03/2009, 11:09 AM
There is one guy who comes to our games who would be perfect for this. Will try and see if he will be there and if he is willing to do a piece. Unfortunately, we have lost 2 of our old guard in the last year and Paddy seems to be the last man standing.

Ross_DCU
23/03/2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the replies lads.

Ross

Mad Moose
23/03/2009, 12:11 PM
There are a couple of great characters at Finn Park and one usually travels to every game. He's got a decent wit and humor to him. Try the Finn Harps forum on Irishfootienetwork.

Flawless
23/03/2009, 2:40 PM
Try getting your hands on our old friend Tom the Gom...he would be ideal!
You'll have some job pinpointing an exact location though!

centre mid
23/03/2009, 2:42 PM
Colm Tresson attends all Bray's matches........

Dunny
23/03/2009, 5:54 PM

Last time I seen him was the Dundalk-Bohs game.:D

sligoman
23/03/2009, 5:57 PM
Last time I seen him was the Dundalk-Bohs game.:DHe's been at both our home games so far...the advantage of playing on a Saturday;)

Mad Moose
23/03/2009, 6:04 PM

Identifying on the other had should be a relatively straightforward job :D In fact look no further.He'll fill your documentary.

holidaysong
24/03/2009, 10:45 AM
He's been at both our home games so far...the advantage of playing on a Saturday;)

Yeah, he used to be at all our games when we played on a Thursday.