PDA

View Full Version : League of Ireland TV launched on loi.ie

L37Ultra
11/03/2009, 10:39 AM
From FAI:

The League of Ireland today announced a new signing when Natasha Rocca Devine was unveiled as the host of League of Ireland TV. The 24-year-old will host the new monthly online television service, bringing all the latest news and interviews to League of Ireland fans around the world.

Natasha, who studies journalism in Griffith College, comes from a strong football background – her father, John Devine, is a former Republic of Ireland international who enjoyed spells with Arsenal, Norwich City and Shamrock Rovers. John is currently coaching Sporting Fingal in the League of Ireland First Division.

The first installment of League of Ireland TV can be seen on www.loi.ie and includes an interview with Shamrock Rovers striker Tadhg Purcell ahead of Friday’s historic opening of the Tallaght Stadium.

GuisaSaigon
11/03/2009, 10:51 AM
Nice!

L37Ultra
11/03/2009, 10:54 AM
Agreed :D
http://media.tribune.ie/site_media/photologue/photos/2009/Jan/03/cache/04hot_NATASHA_RD_3000176_display.jpg

belfastred
11/03/2009, 10:58 AM
Agreed :D
http://media.tribune.ie/site_media/photologue/photos/2009/Jan/03/cache/04hot_NATASHA_RD_3000176_display.jpg

Very nice

I'll be tuning in :)

geezer
11/03/2009, 12:41 PM
was or probably still is married to a top model back in the eighties.

That girl has potential, and it comes across as a very modern league, cool and the idea of "real" fans could catch on. Thumbs up to the loi website

Boh_So_Good
11/03/2009, 12:45 PM
she is very good and the segments really work.

Do not forget to leave positive comments, to subscibe and rate all the videos as it will push the channel higher up the youtube ratings and get more exposer for the league.

noby
11/03/2009, 12:46 PM
was or probably still is married to a top model back in the eighties

A model by the name of Rocca per chance?

Mayo Red
11/03/2009, 2:33 PM
Very nice indeed, and League of Ireland TV is not bad either!!;)

thejollyrodger
11/03/2009, 3:20 PM
great !!

Philly
11/03/2009, 3:27 PM
http://www.nrd.ie/reel.htm

She did a Fingal documentary.

sligoman
11/03/2009, 3:58 PM
Maybe she's just nervous as it's her first video but she doesn't seem the best presenter in it, very shaky.

Good idea though, hope it works well.

Rovers1
11/03/2009, 4:30 PM
i need to turn up to college more often :D

Jofspring
11/03/2009, 4:44 PM
Very nice ;) .... good to hear them mentioning a bit about the first divsion too. i'll be subscribing and keeping an eye on it anyway.

eamo1
11/03/2009, 5:04 PM
Very nice indeed,looks good and very well presented,a nice asset for the league that,oh and the program wasnt bad either:)

Westernblue
11/03/2009, 6:30 PM
Come on lads! Thought her head was going to fall off trying to flick up her fringe. Must have got a shot of hairspray before she interviewed Tadgh Purcell. She settled in nicely after that. Not a patch on Michelle (her mother). We'll see how she goes next week!

pete
11/03/2009, 8:47 PM
I am sorry but it looks like a work experience gig. I hope the FAI are not spending money on it. There are lots of pretty girls doing communications courses - they should have picked someone with some experience.

They seemed to have copied the RTE idea of TV - TV without images is called radio.

mediahack
11/03/2009, 10:14 PM
Come on lads! Thought her head was going to fall off trying to flick up her fringe. Must have got a shot of hairspray before she interviewed Tadgh Purcell. She settled in nicely after that. Not a patch on Michelle (her mother). We'll see how she goes next week!

Have to agree there - she seems to lack a bit of polish. Did anyone else find the sound very low? Had my speakers up full and the youtube volume up full and it was still barely audible.

Definitely room for improvement and TV should have moving pictures and not stills - even a zippy goal round up would be good!

Demoshield
11/03/2009, 10:29 PM
Have to agree there - she seems to lack a bit of polish. Did anyone else find the sound very low? Had my speakers up full and the youtube volume up full and it was still barely audible.

Definitely room for improvement and TV should have moving pictures and not stills - even a zippy goal round up would be good!

But it had moving pictures, her head never stopped moving.:rolleyes:
The sound was loud enough to hear "brilliant" after every comment Tadgh Purcell made. Definitely room for improvement, hope she's not costing the FAI much. As someone else said, there are lots of pretty girls doing communications courses, but they don't have the right parents!

A face
11/03/2009, 10:31 PM

Room to improve alright but no way should it go down the road of a goals round up, thats what MNS is for. I like the idea of it being a magazine type programme.

She will be grand after another few episodes if she puts the effort into it.

- The sound was low -> Turn it up and have some uplifting background music like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNYxh_w6_kk).

- Not enough change throughout -> Try and have a slide show with pictures as opposed to one still image. Narration over footage, even if its just a guy dribbling a ball up and down a field would look good.

- Script not edited -> She was reading from a script, which is grand, you need to have some sort of structure but she should give it s trail run first and if she is falling over any words or if sentences are too long then go back and change them.

Fair play to her, good first run. Looking forward to seeing more all through the season.

the-blue-harp
12/03/2009, 12:01 AM
was or probably still is married to a top model back in the eighties.

That girl has potential, and it comes across as a very modern league, cool and the idea of "real" fans could catch on. Thumbs up to the loi website

her mum goes out with van morrison now.

LeixlipRed
12/03/2009, 10:15 AM
Meh, she aint that hot. Line please!

BohDiddley
12/03/2009, 10:44 AM
Is there something wrong with the volume on that vid?

brianw82
12/03/2009, 11:28 AM
Man, she moves her head a lot.

Boh_So_Good
12/03/2009, 11:39 AM
Meh, she aint that hot. Line please!

Was thinking the same thing! She is cute, but that's it.

Jesus, 70 years of women's lib down the drain during a 18 hour period on foot.ie

GuisaSaigon
12/03/2009, 12:54 PM
My computer at work has no soundcard or speakers. Probably a good thing given some of the reviews here!
Thought it looked great though.As they say in Connemara "déaneach sí cáca".:)

Pauro 76
17/03/2009, 1:06 PM
Just saw this for the first time, looks well and the presenter is easy on the eye...:)

BohDiddley
19/03/2009, 8:42 AM
Shouldn't there be an Episode 2 by now?