PDA

View Full Version : James Wallace

Pages : [1] 2

third policeman
10/03/2009, 10:47 AM
www.tribalfootball.com/everton-management-excited-about-youngster-wallace-228222 (http://www.tribalfootball.com/everton-management-excited-about-youngster-wallace-228222) [/COLOR]

Clearly well thought of by Everton and another longer term contender for the problematic centre mid role. Has appeared on the bench a few times in recent weeks.[/COLOR]

Colbert Report
10/03/2009, 11:00 AM
Are you sure he's Irish? I know about him already, he's on of the top rated youngsters in FIFA 09.

shakermaker1982
10/03/2009, 11:31 AM
received Irish youth honours according to Everton Official website.

Uncle_Joe
10/03/2009, 11:40 AM
Played a few games for U16 in 2006/2007 I think.

Closed Account
10/03/2009, 11:46 AM
Seen him play for Everton reserves V Liverpool reserves(watching Coleman). For a 16 year old he seemed very assured on the ball, is a good size and got forward at every opportunity. Training everyday with Cahill and Arteta can only improve. High hopes for the lad.

(Tribalfootball wrecks my neuck, never loads for me, any other links to that article?)

zackmorris
10/03/2009, 12:24 PM
I think we have a few under 19 qualifiers coming up soon so I would be amazed if he was not in the squad, either that or he has decided to try his luck with England. Certainly seems like a great talent and it would be a hugh disappointment if that were the case. I wonder if you could check his status with the fai ie is he still in their plans or has he decided to try for England?

tetsujin1979
10/03/2009, 12:59 PM
He's mentioned quite a bit on the fai website: http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=RPN&q=james+wallace+site%3Afai.ie&btnG=Search&meta=
He scored against the Czech Republic in 2007: http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1964&Itemid=9
He's been an unused sub for the Toffees nine times this season, never been introduced from the bench though: http://www.chatsoccer.net/irishabroad/playerDetails.xquery?playerID=49717&seasonID=138

KildareFan
10/03/2009, 1:18 PM
According to my James Wallace is NOT eligible to play for Ireland

paul_oshea
10/03/2009, 1:23 PM
those articles were from 2007 and before as well stuts.

third policeman
10/03/2009, 4:46 PM

He's got to be qualified or he wouldn't be turning out for the under age teams. I have a work colleague who knows the family and he is totally committed to playing for us. Has no desire to play for England.

Razors left peg
10/03/2009, 5:15 PM

according to what?

KildareFan
10/03/2009, 5:40 PM
Source of information Daily Star
Wallace is not eligible for Ireland

Razors left peg
10/03/2009, 6:09 PM
Source of information Daily Star
Wallace is not eligible for Ireland

As has already be mentioned he couldnt have played at any under age level for us if that was true

zackmorris
10/03/2009, 6:16 PM
Do you have a link to the Star Article? It does happen, I think Anthony Gerrard played underage for us and then found out that he wasn't elligable. Best contact the FAI for clarification.

strangeirish
10/03/2009, 6:20 PM
Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Oh...sorry...wrong thread.

Colbert Report
10/03/2009, 9:22 PM
He's listed as English in the FIFA game but if he's already turned out for our youth teams he must be eligible for the senior squad. He's listed as a central attacking midfielder, how accurate a description is that?

Crosby87
10/03/2009, 9:36 PM
He is not on Wikipedia, which is probably a good thing in sorting out the facts.....

The Fly
10/03/2009, 10:03 PM
I must admit that I was never aware of James Wallace - obviously I hope he is truly eligible to play for us. He is highly rated at Everton which must be a good thing since Everton have developed a good reputation for the nurturing of young players. They have an excellent manager who gives youth a chance, particularly of late with Everton's injury problems.

I had a look at Everton's official website and Wallace is listed in the senior squad profiles. Interestingly, take a look at the academy player profiles - many Irish surnames in there, also there are two young players (Duffy and O'Kane) from Derry..........................;)

tetsujin1979
10/03/2009, 10:59 PM
Do you have a link to the Star Article? It does happen, I think Anthony Gerrard played underage for us and then found out that he wasn't elligable. Best contact the FAI for clarification.

This is true, he played for the U-17s in some friendly games, and when he was called into play a qualifier, he needed proof. From what I remember, it was his great-grandfather who was born in Ireland, not his grandfather as he believed.

EalingGreen
11/03/2009, 12:30 AM
I had a look at Everton's official website and Wallace is listed in the senior squad profiles. Interestingly, take a look at the academy player profiles - many Irish surnames in there, also there are two young players (Duffy and O'Kane) from Derry..........................;)
Indeed:
http://www.irishfa.com/squad-profiles/2274/under-19/shane-duffy-defender/

http://www.irishfa.com/squad-profiles/2203/under-19/eunan-okane-midfielder/

co. down green
11/03/2009, 8:33 AM

Shane Duffy had been training with Sean McCaffrey’s u17 squad in May last year, prior to the Euro qualifiers in Turkey. I’m not sure if he did enough to impress McCaffrey as he didn’t make the squad for the u17 friendly games in August 08, Unlike his fellow Derry player Patrick McEleney.

Dr. Ogba
11/03/2009, 9:14 AM

he's not your James Wallace he's our James Wallace...

Wangball
11/03/2009, 9:18 AM
Indeed:

There's still time yet for them to see sense..........

In FM2009 Wallace is listed as declared for Ireland and as a striker, in saying that I do recall seeing somewhere that he's not eligible

geysir
11/03/2009, 9:23 AM
In FM2009 Wallace is listed as declared for Ireland and as a striker, in saying that I do recall seeing somewhere that he's not eligible

Maybe you actually read this thread :rolleyes:

Jock MIB
11/03/2009, 9:37 AM
Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Oh...sorry...wrong thread.

It dosen't sound the same when an irish man says it :D

Alba gu bra!

seanfhear
11/03/2009, 12:52 PM
Indeed:

Under the new dispensation we hope for as many as would like to play for us.

EalingGreen
11/03/2009, 1:04 PM
Under the new dispensation we hope for as many as would like to play for us.
It is not a "new dispensation", merely a clarification. NI-born players have apparently always been eligible to represent ROI.

Therefore the only thing which is "new" is that the FAI has formally and publicly torn up unilaterally the previous "Gentlemens' Agreement" between it and the IFA, whereby neither would pick each others players (an Agreement originally sought by the FAI, btw:eek:).

Wangball
11/03/2009, 1:06 PM
Maybe you actually read this thread :rolleyes:

Well now that you mention it............................:)

"My Rainman-esque" mind is telling me that I read he was not eligible in the Monday football pull out in the Star, on the page where they have all of the appearances by Irish players in the UK listed, only a small paragraph though nothing huge, unfortunately my "Rainman-esque" mind won't stretch to the date...........for shame :(

Wangball
11/03/2009, 1:12 PM
.......whereby neither would pick each others players (an Agreement originally sought by the FAI, btw:eek:).

Do you need to bring this kind of thrash up in every thread??

geysir
11/03/2009, 1:16 PM
Offhand, even if it was just coming from the Star, the story that he is ineligible would still have a deal of credibility. There would likely be some smoke behind the fire (or the other way around).

Wangball
11/03/2009, 1:20 PM
Agreed, its odd to think its been in the Star and nowhere else

SkStu
11/03/2009, 1:31 PM
simple. Do a Barry Maguire and get on his bebo/facebook/whatevers fashionable these days with the young folk...

EalingGreen
11/03/2009, 1:34 PM
Do you need to bring this kind of thrash up in every thread??
Of course not. I only do so when someone misrepresents the true situation, as seanfhear had done.

Or do you consider that what I posted was incorrect?

Indeed, I first posted in this thread solely to supply, without comment, some information about two of Wallace's young fellow Irish players at Everton, Duffy and O'Kane, whom The Fly had enquired about.

SkStu
11/03/2009, 1:35 PM
best off not replying to EG on these matters. If you do, ill come back and tell you "i told you so" in about 50 pages time.

Wangball
11/03/2009, 1:48 PM
best off not replying to EG on these matters. If you do, ill come back and tell you "i told you so" in about 50 pages time.

:D.....I'll not be biting on this one!

boovidge
11/03/2009, 2:45 PM
It seems a bit strange that someone who seems so keen to play for us wouldn't be eligible. Surely he would know his Irish family?

zackmorris
11/03/2009, 3:07 PM
Just got an email back from FAI, bad news, he is not eligible for Ireland:

Many thanks for your email.

Unfortunately James Wallace is not eligible to play for the Republic of Ireland as his great grandparents are Irish and not his grandparents.

I am available to discuss this with you in further detail if you wish to contact me after 5pm on the number below as I am in a meeting until then.

With warm regards, Fran

seanfhear
11/03/2009, 6:04 PM
Of course not. I only do so when someone misrepresents the true situation, as seanfhear had done.

Or do you consider that what I posted was incorrect?

Indeed, I first posted in this thread solely to supply, without comment, some information about two of Wallace's young fellow Irish players at Everton, Duffy and O'Kane, whom The Fly had enquired about.
I think you could say that my response was one of those that hit the cross bar bounced down and was it over the line or not.

Anyone that is qualified to play for Ireland is welcome.

geysir
11/03/2009, 11:41 PM
:D.....I'll not be biting on this one!

EG´s process of "clarification" was a long and painfull one for all involved, as he sought to cleanse himself of a mountain of argumentative tripe on the eligibility issue on this website in some 200 to 300 pages across numerous threads.
Now with the zeal of a born again "clarified" OWCer, he is not at all shy to spread his clarification gospel around, as if he was born with the gift.:D

third policeman
12/03/2009, 10:29 AM
Just got an email back from FAI, bad news, he is not eligible for Ireland:

Many thanks for your email.

Unfortunately James Wallace is not eligible to play for the Republic of Ireland as his great grandparents are Irish and not his grandparents.

I am available to discuss this with you in further detail if you wish to contact me after 5pm on the number below as I am in a meeting until then.

With warm regards, Fran

Is this for real? According to my mate (not a totally reliable source I admit) who knows the family, he has an Irish grandparent. It sounds absolutely unbelievable that he could be turning out for us at junior level with this never being checked out.

zackmorris
12/03/2009, 12:25 PM
Apparently so, it's a blow as he looks like he is going to be a very good player. I emailed the fai yesterday at info@fai.ie and they got back to me within 20 mins, I'd love if they were mistaken but I don't think they are. Although correct me if i'm wrong, didn't Tony Cascarino turn out for us although he had no actual connections? Wallace could try that...

geysir
12/03/2009, 1:33 PM
Is this for real? According to my mate (not a totally reliable source I admit) who knows the family, he has an Irish grandparent. It sounds absolutely unbelievable that he could be turning out for us at junior level with this never being checked out.

Once you suspend disbelief, the door opens to a new world of possibilities

geysir
12/03/2009, 1:35 PM
Although correct me if i'm wrong, didn't Tony Cascarino turn out for us although he had no actual connections? Wallace could try that...
Cas had his passport and was an Irish national.

Drumcondra 69er
12/03/2009, 4:42 PM
Apparently so, it's a blow as he looks like he is going to be a very good player. I emailed the fai yesterday at info@fai.ie and they got back to me within 20 mins, I'd love if they were mistaken but I don't think they are. Although correct me if i'm wrong, didn't Tony Cascarino turn out for us although he had no actual connections? Wallace could try that...

Cas's mother was adopted by an Irish family (O'Malley's I think) as a baby. Therefore her adoptive father would have been considered his grandfather for eligibility purposes. Plus you could play with citizenship only back then anyway, the 2 year residence rule didn't apply.

third policeman
13/03/2009, 9:53 AM
Cas's mother was adopted by an Irish family (O'Malley's I think) as a baby. Therefore her adoptive father would have been considered his grandfather for eligibility purposes. Plus you could play with citizenship only back then anyway, the 2 year residence rule didn't apply.

Does this mean that Wallace could buy a place in Dublin and commute over to Everton to train and play and after two years turn out for us?

geysir
13/03/2009, 10:13 AM
2 years residency is a FIFA requirement but Wallace would also have to fulfill the criteria for Irish nationality.
The normal criteria for citizenship is 5? years residency.

Blue Lou
27/08/2009, 7:52 PM
He made his debut for Everton tonight

ofjames
27/08/2009, 10:00 PM
about fecking time! he's been on the bench about 60 times

Razors left peg
27/08/2009, 10:01 PM
I thought he wasnt Irish

Predator
28/08/2009, 12:30 AM
Not Irish. Close/move thread. ;)