PDA

View Full Version : MNS 9th March

Pages : 1 [2] 3

thischarmingman
09/03/2009, 8:12 PM
That charming man.

Someone called?

Doolin's quote was good though 'I never play for a draw' with any of his teams:D

http://www.freewebs.com/thedisneyclassics/pinocchio-2.jpg

also lovin the way fans can now call into them with comments

Oh lord....24/7. I can already see myself walking home from the pub, a kebab clutching in one hand, a phone in the other singing loadly to Con and the lads.

centre mid
09/03/2009, 8:14 PM
Oh lord....24/7. I can already see myself walking home from the pub, a kebab clutching in one hand, a phone in the other singing loadly to Con and the lads.

As long as you dont sing loudly you'll be ok.

Hairy Bowsie
09/03/2009, 8:17 PM

You probably dress up as a leprechaun on St Patricks day too i bet :rolleyes:

Hairy Bowsie
09/03/2009, 8:19 PM
nothin wrong with havin a bit of craic on the show

Ah would you stop. All that "look we're having the craic cos we're all mates, it's just like you and the lads down the pub" nonsense makes me sick. It's awful embarrassing carry on. Just show the footage, give an analyis and get on with it i say.

MariborKev
09/03/2009, 8:20 PM

Someone will defo be bumping this thread when it happens............

Rovers fan
09/03/2009, 8:20 PM

That's nothing compared to these guys:D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lwCo6_y2aE

centre mid
09/03/2009, 8:22 PM
On a serious note I would like to see more of each game but I supposed for entertainments sake they dont just show 60 mins of highlights.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
09/03/2009, 8:28 PM
Great show tonight.

I really enjoyed it. I was dissapointed that they discontinued 60, but still I'd give the show ten out of ten.

carrickharp
09/03/2009, 8:29 PM
Harps playing this saturday?

I thought it was friday??

Playing home matches on Saturdays this season.

Razors left peg
09/03/2009, 8:30 PM
Ah would you stop. All that "look we're having the craic cos we're all mates, it's just like you and the lads down the pub" nonsense makes me sick. It's awful embarrassing carry on. Just show the footage, give an analyis and get on with it i say.

Id say ur a great lad to have a pint and bit of a laugh with...
The show is entertaining as it should be and hopefully by being entertaining it will get more people interested in League Of Ireland football

DmanDmythDledge
09/03/2009, 8:32 PM
On a serious note I would like to see more of each game but I supposed for entertainments sake they dont just show 60 mins of highlights.
Personally I'd prefer if they did what MOTD2 does and focus on two games and then just show brief highlights/goals from the others. Trying to give each game equal time doesn't work for me as there's not much time to show much from each match or time to analyse.

DRDoc
09/03/2009, 8:33 PM
Playing home matches on Saturdays this season.

Ah I see

But harps website has

Mar 13

League

H

Longford Town

And official fixture list says Friday also

Tir Oilean
09/03/2009, 8:44 PM
There talking about the condition of the pitch, but in fairness the weather beforehand did play a part in messing up the pitch.

The pitch in Sligo has always been poor in fairness

John83
09/03/2009, 8:58 PM
Personally I'd prefer if they did what MOTD2 does and focus on two games and then just show brief highlights/goals from the others. Trying to give each game equal time doesn't work for me as there's not much time to show much from each match or time to analyse.
Yeah, I'd second that.

They'd probably want an extra camera at the two featured games though. At the same time, you'd want to pick the two best games, meaning you'd want extra cameras at all of the games, which just wouldn't fly.

DmanDmythDledge
09/03/2009, 9:05 PM
Forgot to mention that I like the idea that fans can send in their own footage. It's been done to the death that the quality of footage used by people who are just volunteering isn't good enough for proper broadcast on the show but at least if there's a quality goal or something like that in the First Divsion there's a place for it to be shown.

John83
09/03/2009, 9:05 PM
The games involving the biggest clubs
That's usually how it's done with MOTD, but if Man Utd v Villa was a ****e 0-0, they can choose Arsenal v Man City or whatever. They have very good coverage of all of the games. Here, it's not so simple. If Bohs-Derry is a ****e 0-0, they'd have to either stick with it or show extended highlights from a ground where they've one camera.

Sam_Heggy
09/03/2009, 9:06 PM
Ah I see

But harps website has

Mar 13

League

H

Longford Town

And official fixture list says Friday also

Yeah, that was just a copy and paste of original fixtures, the change was actually made after the fixture came out.
I expect that to be changed on the website fairly soon.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
09/03/2009, 9:09 PM
CarrickHarp wrote : Playing home matches on Saturdays this season.

Is that definate, and will all ye're home games for 2009 be on Saturday nights ?

gufc2000
09/03/2009, 9:17 PM
The pitch in Sligo has always been poor in fairness

Dundalks is worse....disgrace how a team can't play on a proper surface like everybody else. Even worse that the FAI don't prevent them from having it. Some awkward challenges the last night were made look even worse on first viewing the last night against Bohs

Sam_Heggy
09/03/2009, 9:19 PM
CarrickHarp wrote : Playing home matches on Saturdays this season.

Is that definate, and will all ye're home games for 2009 be on Saturday nights ?

Yes, all home matches will be on Saturday nights, only time I can see any change is if it clashes with Irish international games.

Dalymountrower
09/03/2009, 9:20 PM
The gesture Connor made to the Bohs fans...:D

He certainly seems to be in tune with the Dundalk zeitgeist alright, classy guy.
Presumably he will get a ban for his conduct toward the fourth official and for his attempted incitement of the Bohs fans in the stand.

hedderman
09/03/2009, 9:33 PM
It's avaiblable to view on the website now:)

thischarmingman
09/03/2009, 9:56 PM
You probably dress up as a leprechaun on St Patricks day too i bet :rolleyes:

And you probably take all jokes literally I bet. :rolleyes:

"Knock, knock?"

"But there's no door..."

John83
09/03/2009, 9:58 PM
And how do you open a metaphysical door anyway?

Fribbler
09/03/2009, 10:00 PM
Through meditation. Eventually....there is no door.

thischarmingman
09/03/2009, 10:04 PM

How many UCD fans does it take to open a metaphysical door?

John83
09/03/2009, 10:07 PM
How many UCD fans does it take to open a metaphysical door?
Depends on the location of the metaphysical handle.

Gaillimh Al
09/03/2009, 10:41 PM
Being picky there was four mistakes in the Galway - Pats report.

Derek O'Brien did not score straight from the free-kick. (He headed in O'Shea's cross)
Cian McBrien was mentioned as having come on as a sub. (He was listed as sub but started game when Dave Cooke injured himself in the warm up)
Jay O'Shea did not pass to O'Brien before 2nd goal. (Faherty spread the ball wide before getting into the box)
Andy Haran did not have a shot late on. (He was taken off at half-time)

And what's with the dodge English bloke introducing the panel.

Red&White Rover
09/03/2009, 11:51 PM
Connor came across as a complete c*nt.

Good stuff so.

stann
10/03/2009, 7:27 AM
Yes, all home matches will be on Saturday nights, only time I can see any change is if it clashes with Irish international games.

The reason I think we're so interested is that we were down to travel to ye on Good Friday.
If it's the Saturday then that has overnighter written all over it!
(But Good Friday is traditionally a day clubs like to be at home on, barstools closed for the night and so on...)

stann
10/03/2009, 7:30 AM
Ironicly, it's spelled amateur.

Apologies if someone beat me to it, but ironically it's actually spelled... :D

oldyouth
10/03/2009, 8:03 AM
Thunderstrike looks fun, be funny if someone tried to be a smart shyte and loosen the net so the ball goes through and hits the guy behind :D

The measurement should be taken from a shot over a further diistance.

redobit
10/03/2009, 8:50 AM
Being picky there was four mistakes in the Galway - Pats report.

Derek O'Brien did not score straight from the free-kick. (He headed in O'Shea's cross)
Cian McBrien was mentioned as having come on as a sub. (He was listed as sub but started game when Dave Cooke injured himself in the warm up)
Jay O'Shea did not pass to O'Brien before 2nd goal. (Faherty spread the ball wide before getting into the box)
Andy Haran did not have a shot late on. (He was taken off at half-time)

Ya, what was that about. Good show overall and like the showgies pitch it will get better too.

Claret Murph
10/03/2009, 9:25 AM
I was far from happy about the Pats match report , you would think that Pats were unlucky the way the panal went on . Now lets look at the near misses from Pats again . Poooooo what about the goals .

Jersey Cow
10/03/2009, 9:46 AM
I thought Connor came across as funny TBH...Fenlon is a bitter man , maybe its because he knows he is managing another club that are about to go bust...any chance of Johnny Mac getting his missus to dress him as that lilac jumper was awful,:o maybe after he gets his tongue removed surgically from licking Fenlon's arse!!:D

gustavo
10/03/2009, 10:01 AM
Connor should learn to shut up and get on with it

Sam_Heggy
10/03/2009, 10:01 AM
I thought Connor came across as funny TBH...Fenlon is a bitter man , maybe its because he knows he is managing another club that are about to go bust...any chance of Johnny Mac getting his missus to dress him as that lilac jumper was awful,:o maybe after he gets his tongue removed surgically from licking Fenlon's arse!!:D

Have to agree, I thought Connor was hilarious, just what the league needs. There isn't enough characters in the League at the minute and lets be honest Dundalk have been holding the torch on that one. Connor, Georgie, Mad Mental Mickey, Rogers and Maxi to mention a few.
More the merrier.

Schumi
10/03/2009, 10:49 AM
That's usually how it's done with MOTD, but if Man Utd v Villa was a ****e 0-0, they can choose Arsenal v Man City or whatever. They have very good coverage of all of the games. Here, it's not so simple. If Bohs-Derry is a ****e 0-0, they'd have to either stick with it or show extended highlights from a ground where they've one camera.
They could go back to the current format if the featured game turns out to be rubbish.

How many UCD fans does it take to open a metaphysical door?i

pete
10/03/2009, 11:23 AM
Highlight of the show was the Connor v Fenlon spat. :D

Good to see some decent crowds around the games.

noby
10/03/2009, 11:28 AM
They could go back to the current format if the featured game turns out to be rubbish.

Or they could keep the current format until more than a couple of UCD fans decide it needs to be changed.
I think it works well. It's the other filler stuff that might need tweaking.

jinxy lilywhite
10/03/2009, 11:37 AM
what fathoms me was how they give out about our "plastic pitch" as being unnatural and giving us an unfair advantage and criticising the state of sligos pitch. Why isn't the poor state of sligo's pitch seen as an unfair advantage to them. nitpickers

Fenlon is an absolute plank and very bitter towards connor. Realistically Fenlon has had really to manage only one team. And he failed miserably with Derry. Those Shels and Bohs teams he inherited and they would of taken sweet f all mangement. His European record isn't great either just 11 men behind the ball and hope we get a lucky break. He a total spoofer. Sean Connor is right in that you judge a managers success with the state that he has left a team and where they in a better position. Fenlon left shels near bankrupt, derry fooked. Then look at where connor left Sligo & Bohs, 10 times better than where he found them.

Derry for the league and dundalk for second. Bohs will implode with too many games. Cork will enter examinership again

thischarmingman
10/03/2009, 12:03 PM
Though Connor came across as a bit of a prat but I probably wouldn't be saying that if I was a Dundalk fan as its good to generate a "nobody likes us..." seige mentality and get everyone behind him.

Dodge
10/03/2009, 12:12 PM

****ing typical foreigners coming over here and taking our jobs.

First they take our Faheys, then they take our names, then the take out jobs.

makes my Irish blood boil!!!

jinxy lilywhite
10/03/2009, 12:17 PM
Though Connor came across as a bit of a prat but I probably wouldn't be saying that if I was a Dundalk fan as its good to generate a "nobody likes us..." seige mentality and get everyone behind him.

except derry. They love us in the Maiden City :D

pineapple stu
10/03/2009, 12:36 PM
i
Nerd!!!! :p

the-blue-harp
10/03/2009, 12:50 PM
Have to agree, I thought Connor was hilarious, just what the league needs. There isn't enough characters in the League at the minute and lets be honest Dundalk have been holding the torch on that one. Connor, Georgie, Mad Mental Mickey, Rogers and Maxi to mention a few.
More the merrier.

there is a thin line between coming across as funny and coming across as a clown. he was looking out of the corner of his eye at the camera everytime he went of on one, watching that made me cringe to be honest. If i was a dundalk fan i'd be thinking, concentrate on managing the team and never mind the sideline theatrics.

thischarmingman
10/03/2009, 1:50 PM
there is a thin line between coming across as funny and coming across as a clown. he was looking out of the corner of his eye at the camera everytime he went of on one, watching that made me cringe to be honest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/images/400/david07.jpg

wexfordned
10/03/2009, 3:52 PM
Fenlon is an absolute plank and very bitter towards connor. Realistically Fenlon has had really to manage only one team. And he failed miserably with Derry. Those Shels and Bohs teams he inherited and they would of taken sweet f all mangement. His European record isn't great either just 11 men behind the ball and hope we get a lucky break. He a total spoofer. Sean Connor is right in that you judge a managers success with the state that he has left a team and where they in a better position. Fenlon left shels near bankrupt, derry fooked. Then look at where connor left Sligo & Bohs, 10 times better than where he found them.

Derry for the league and dundalk for second. Bohs will implode with too many games. Cork will enter examinership again

As any Bohs and/or Sligo fan who posted on previous topics about Connor. They will tell you that Connor is the biggest spoofer currently managing in the league. Have you even met the guy. Did the Dundalk players have a good luck card from Steve Bruce waiting for them in the dressing room before the game on Friday to inspire them?

I'd say your players will enjoy playing for him though. At Bohs they got so much time off because of a lack of training so why wouldn't they.

Finally Bohs beat dundalk 1-0 on a carpet. Why should Fenlon give a s**t what Connor thinks about the game. Connor shows a total lack of professionalism by stupidly getting sent to the stands when calmness needed. If you want that in a manager then I suppose you have the right man for the job. All waffle no substance

Jicked
10/03/2009, 3:55 PM
As any Bohs and/or Sligo fan who posted on previous topics about Connor. They will tell you that Connor is the biggest spoofer currently managing in the league. Have you even met the guy. Did the Dundalk players have a good luck card from Steve Bruce waiting for them in the dressing room before the game on Friday to inspire them?

I'd say your players will enjoy playing for him though. At Bohs they got so much time off because of a lack of training so why wouldn't they.

Finally Bohs beat dundalk 1-0 on a carpet. Why should Fenlon give a s**t what Connor thinks about the game. Connor shows a total lack of professionalism by stupidly getting sent to the stands when calmness needed. If you want that in a manager then I suppose you have the right man for the job. All waffle no substance

Whats that about, did Connors do that with Bohs?

wexfordned
10/03/2009, 4:12 PM
Whats that about, did Connors do that with Bohs?

Before the league cup final. Players where given a letter only to opened when alone in their room. Players opened the letter to find a good luck message from Steve Bruce. Alas this did not inspire victory. After picking a team with 6 defenders & Kevin Hunt left sitting on the bench Bohs lost 1-0 in a game after extra time.