PDA

View Full Version : Embarassed?

EireBadBoy
04/12/2003, 2:05 AM
We should be! Because Limerick just went and showed the whole League up!

I feel sorry for the First Div. crowds that travelled there this Season. The pits of a ground, if that is what it actually is?????
Alright they might be moving but that made Finn Park look like Old Trafford and The Brandywell look like the most sophisticated Ground ever!!

On National TV the Barstoolers got to see Sunday Morning League at it's best, and played at 2 because of no Floodlights, whilst Drogs get smacked around for finacial problems Limerick get away with THAT ground ? WTF? :confused:

I'm not upset at the result, 0-0 away for Derry this Season is good, but THAT ground.............Who likes it? Pike Rovers that's who, why are they not in the League Mr.Merrion Square?

EMBARASSED!!:eek:

TommyT
04/12/2003, 3:28 PM
The point is that they were developing Rathbane but the League forced them to move, I think.

Anyway it looks bad for the League if Limerick isn't represented.
Anyone know the story with Rathbane ?

DruggyDrog
04/12/2003, 3:58 PM
As far as I know they don't own Rathbane. They moved to Jackman Park and I've no idea why they moved from there, but only for Pike Rovers stepped in they'd have no ground at all. Rather than being embarassed, although i appreciate the sentiments behind the original message, I think Limerick deserve great credit for still playing football, let alone reaching the upper echelons of Division 1 and competing in the play-offs. They were literally out of business, with no way back, yet through the dedication of a few behind the scenes, and the efforts of a small squad on the pitch they have done remarkably well.

While the fact that Pike Rovers pitch is being used to stage an EL play-off match is not exactly painting the league in a good light, the fact that they got the play-offs at all adds to the notion of non-Dublin teams battling against the odds in an effort to compete.

Macy
04/12/2003, 4:09 PM
What ground do Derry own?

dancinpants
04/12/2003, 4:22 PM
Macy i think youll find EBB didnt mention ownership as the problem!!.The two other posts(from other teams supporters) alluded to it,so why bring Derry into it?

pete
04/12/2003, 4:39 PM
I don't think the Limerick public are due much credit for allowing their club get in such a bad way.

Credit is due however to thwe Limerick players as heard they have to drive themselves to away matches.

:rolleyes:

dortie
04/12/2003, 8:06 PM
Originally posted by pete
I don't think the Limerick public are due much credit for allowing their club get in such a bad way.

Credit is due however to thwe Limerick players as heard they have to drive themselves to away matches.

:rolleyes:

Have to agree....the fact they had a miserable 1,000 at such an important game shows the interest of soccer in Limerick, but fair play to the few who are working hard....

Sorry but we will beat you on saturday night...the brandy will be full and the noise deafening

EireBadBoy
05/12/2003, 12:27 PM
To be fair, the G.A.A Ground is buckin' massive!! So it shows the priority in the County.

But I'm standing by my comments on the Pike Rovers Ground. Derry might not own The Brandywell as everyone is rightly pointing out but it is still better than most other Grounds and Derry Fan's are'nt happy with that standard. That's why we decided to do something about it........:D