PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Tallaght Ad campaign

srfc-1901
08/03/2009, 6:45 PM
And the countdown is on.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/55-features/533-rovers-latest-advertising-campaign

Mad Moose
08/03/2009, 6:58 PM
Well if thats not promoting your club and the League and thats very very positive if not to say very attractive and eyecatching. The idea of the Luas carriages s excellent and it looks very good. Do you expect it will stay like that though after 2 weeks?

Shamrock Rovers will be a success in Tallaght with such a catchment area and it is clearly establishing itself in the community there.

MariborKev
08/03/2009, 7:04 PM
Aye,

I was on the point of posting this.

One of these most professional and impressive off field venture I have seen in a long times.

robertob
08/03/2009, 7:18 PM
This looks great! I'm impressed by this advertising campaign. I like mostly the ads in the LUAS.

Jicked
08/03/2009, 7:41 PM
Just think what the league could be like if other clubs were run with such foresight, passion and sensibility.

Maynard
08/03/2009, 7:43 PM
This is where all clubs should be aiming to be IMHO. (Not geographically I hasten to add)

Mad Moose
08/03/2009, 7:58 PM
This is where all clubs should be aiming to be IMHO. (Not geographically I hasten to add)

Easier said than don to be honest. Historically Shamrock Rovers will always be a household name and I'm delighted for them they have a home they can call their own but for them its effectively a clean slate. They have existing support and a new catchment and a good catchment at that and also an attractive brand new stadium.

Looking at a local example I've seen, and been involved with Finn Harps and an attempt to spread the word and get the fans out. It was for the most part failed effort. Much of it the clubs failing in its unwillinness to address a rot withing the club structure and I guess people had enough of been called upon to help the club out.

Obviously if you are at the pinnacle of the game in the countries top league you should be attractive and appealing to the wider audience. We all know where the appeal is but looking at the example set above thats real progress and real intention and so positive.

Just an opinion.

Longfordian
08/03/2009, 8:03 PM
Looks great, Rovers are going about establishing a presence in Tallaght in a very impressive manner. It must be an expensive campaign, should pay off in the long run though I suppose.

SUB of the day
08/03/2009, 8:44 PM
Great job, I know its a well worn cliche, but a strong Rovers is essential for the league.

dcfcsteve
08/03/2009, 10:07 PM
Excellent stuff by Rovers -companies ususally pay their ad agencies very good money to come up with campaigns like this, so great to see an LOI club doing it for themselves.

Rovers have a big advantage over all other LOI clubs in the fact they are an existing brand with a genuinely new product (football in Tallaght) and some genuinely 'new' news to talk about. But there's no reason why other clubs couldn't look to follow the essence of what Rovers is doing here.

They should hopefully have full houses for the first few games off the back of this.

thischarmingman
08/03/2009, 10:14 PM
Absolutely streets ahead of every other club in the country. Should get people talking too.

Royal rover
08/03/2009, 10:25 PM
genuinly delighted for rovers i was at the very last game at miltown over 20 years ago, always had a soft spot for them - wish i could be there on friday

brianw82
09/03/2009, 6:45 AM
Rovers have a big advantage over all other LOI clubs in the fact they are an existing brand with a genuinely new product (football in Tallaght) and some genuinely 'new' news to talk about. But there's no reason why other clubs couldn't look to follow the essence of what Rovers is doing here.

Very true. Rovers have had half a year to prepare for this.

It's still brilliant, though. It'll definitely get people talking.

oldyouth
09/03/2009, 7:29 AM
Fair play to Rovers. Very positive promotion of the club. I'd say it cost a good few bob anyway. Hopefully it pays off for them

pete
09/03/2009, 10:44 AM

True. It is really like a brand relaunch as everyone knows the name already.

Maybe Rovers should be giving presentations to the other clubs showing them how they organised their marketing.

Good news stories are rare in the league so something like this will also benefit other clubs indirectly.

Jicked
09/03/2009, 11:10 AM
It's easy to say Rovers have a new brand to launch and so have an unfair advantage. Bohs could be plastering buses, or at least a few billboards in Phibsborough showing off the double winners, or building up anticipation of a crack at the Champions League. Instead the mentality of most clubs is to chuck out a few flyers in local shops and instead spend their thousands on mediocre players.

I've no marketing or business degree, but if clubs spent tens of thousands on this sort of advertising, instead of hundreds of thousands on a single player like Joe Gamble, it might make a bigger difference to crowds and the perception of the league than it would by massively overpaying certain players.

Boh_So_Good
09/03/2009, 12:04 PM
impressive. VERY impressive.

Pauro 76
09/03/2009, 12:09 PM
Looks ridiculously good. Excellent for any tourists too who want to catch a live game in the capital. Well done Rovers.

Boh_So_Good
09/03/2009, 12:16 PM
Looks ridiculously good. Excellent for any tourists too who want to catch a live game in the capital. Well done Rovers.

The council out in Tallaght must one of the few in Ireland who actually "get it" that tourists are not interested in GAA, but soccer.

This is another reason the GAA sent out their "jesuits in the shadows" to try and kill off Rovers in Tallaght. To this day I am amazed that Rovers/Soccer won that case. Must not been too many Opus Dei/Bogballers in SDCC.

brianw82
09/03/2009, 12:45 PM
The council out in Tallaght must one of the few in Ireland who actually "get it" that tourists are not interested in GAA, but soccer.

This is another reason the GAA sent out their "jesuits in the shadows" to try and kill off Rovers in Tallaght. To this day I am amazed that Rovers/Soccer won that case. Must not been too many Opus Dei/Bogballers in SDCC.

Must you lower the tone of this thread with your anti-GAA talk?

Boh_So_Good
09/03/2009, 12:51 PM

Considering I am Bohs supporter I think this thread got off pretty easy all things considered.

Rovers Maniac
09/03/2009, 12:56 PM

jeez man its a football forum he is entitled to his opinion. I can't see anything wrong with his post.

Calcio Jack
09/03/2009, 1:12 PM

The case was won not by Rovers but the SDCC... the reason they won it was because the Judge took the view that the SDCC had no case to answer and that the GAA had no case to make... our court system and those involved with it are often malinged etc... however the Tallaght case clearly demonstrated that we do have an impartial judiciary that can't be influenced etc by threats etc from the likes of the GAA....so the only amazing thing about the case was the equal level of arrogance and stupidity that the GAA had, that allowed them to proceed with the case in the first place, allied to the 'crimnal' waste of money involved in taking the case.

Dalymountrower
09/03/2009, 3:59 PM
The case was won not by Rovers but the SDCC... the reason they won it was because the Judge took the view that the SDCC had no case to answer and that the GAA had no case to make... our court system and those involved with it are often malinged etc... however the Tallaght case clearly demonstrated that we do have an impartial judiciary that can't be influenced etc by threats etc from the likes of the GAA....so the only amazing thing about the case was the equal level of arrogance and stupidity that the GAA had, that allowed them to proceed with the case in the first place, allied to the 'crimnal' waste of money involved in taking the case.

Impartial judiciary is right, didn`t one of the original judges disclose his Bohs allegiance before holding against Thomas Davis.? He was christened Judge Jodi on the Bohs MB at the time.

LeixlipRed
09/03/2009, 4:20 PM
Fantastic stuff.

BohDiddley
09/03/2009, 4:22 PM
Impartial judiciary is right, didn`t one of the original judges disclose his Bohs allegiance before holding against Thomas Davis.? He was christened Judge Jodi on the Bohs MB at the time.
You'd imagine there would have been a banner to say thanks! :p

mypost
09/03/2009, 8:08 PM
didn`t one of the original judges disclose his allegiance before holding against Thomas Davis.?

Co-incidence. :rolleyes:

The Minister of Sport was a raging GAA-head, yet stood firmly against them in the legal battle with us.

As for the campaign, a little bit of foresight and commitment and you'll be amazed what can be done. There are clubs in much bigger catchment areas and in one club towns who could learn something from such initiatives.

RonnieB
09/03/2009, 10:00 PM
looks impressive.

Dunny
09/03/2009, 10:02 PM
Well done, very impressive!

BonnieShels
09/03/2009, 10:18 PM
A fellow Shels supporting friend was on that Luas he was saying. He almost vomited with jealousy!

alabama rover
10/03/2009, 12:33 AM
True. It is really like a brand relaunch as everyone knows the name already.

Maybe Rovers should be giving presentations to the other clubs showing them how they organised their marketing.

Good news stories are rare in the league so something like this will also benefit other clubs indirectly.

Advertising campaign is absolutely first rate!

AR

the-blue-harp
12/03/2009, 12:22 AM
really looking forward to watching the shamrock rovers v sligo rovers game on the telly, i have a feeling it is going to be a real cracker too.

Dalymountrower
12/03/2009, 8:10 AM
mypost
Seasoned Pro Join Date: Dec 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalymountrower
didn`t one of the original judges disclose his allegiance before holding against Thomas Davis.?

If you are going to quote me dont censor the quote. Clown.

SkStu
12/03/2009, 9:05 PM
arent people grossly overexaggerating the likelihood of the random irish barstooler on the LUAS/DART/Bus to actually give a ****.

As an aside, through gritted teeth, fair play to Rovers for trying.

Jicked
12/03/2009, 9:15 PM
arent people grossly overexaggerating the likelihood of the random irish barstooler on the LUAS/DART/Bus to actually give a ****.

Its not about getting an entire tram load of people to say feck it I'll stay on till Tallaght and see a game. Its about creating a brand, an idea in people's heads that LoI is a premier product and to be taken seriously. Your short term, small time view just doesn't work if you're talking about actually promoting a league/clubs.

SkStu
12/03/2009, 9:27 PM
Its not about getting an entire tram load of people to say feck it I'll stay on till Tallaght and see a game. Your short term, small time view just doesn't work if you're talking about actually promoting a league/clubs.

i realise this is not the intention.

my short term/small time view is just pointing out the sad reality of footie in ireland and, while i think that you lot have done a good job, i fear it may be a futile exercise. Thats all.

The league as a whole has to show continued marked improvements in all areas (but especially in facility's, european performance and marketing) - while at the same time demonstrating financial sense - for a scheme like Rovers' to even begin to register with "non LOI football fans" as a viable nights entertainment.

This is not a dig, i just think that its the way it is.

mypost
13/03/2009, 6:37 AM
If you are going to quote me dont censor the quote.

:confused:

I'll quote what I want to quote, and edit out the irrelevant bits. That applies to everyone.

Dalymountrower
13/03/2009, 7:52 AM
:confused:

I'll quote what I want to quote, and edit out the relevant bits. That applies to everyone.

Fair enough.

MariborKev
13/03/2009, 9:38 AM
Any truth that as a one off ad spend it would have been unviable?

Heard that one of the Rovers' directors buying a fair amount of "media space" as part of his job, and was able to put this to use in order to put together the whole billboard/Luas package?

Fair play to them.