PDA

View Full Version : The making of a team.

Jdrams fan
08/03/2009, 3:49 PM
Hi all listen heres a thread that hopefully will be all about the football matters ie. on the pitch matters, if we play in the A league what and who do ye think should run the team manager wise and of course player wise. I personally think this could be a great chance for some of our younger players around the town to show their potential on a bigger stage and if you look at the bigger picture if we can compile a good young squad now, if and when we are ready to return to the topflite then we will have a hungry young team with expierience, who would be mostly local lads that could potentially be a match for anyone.
If they are mostly local hopefully people will want to come out and watch them and if with the right management they are in any way successful then the only way is up for us all.

marty
08/03/2009, 4:25 PM
I agree we need to use our youth players as much as possible but we will also need some experence in the mix,not sure what kind of contracts our ex players have with their MSL teams but it would be great to have them back..On the manager situation its going to be difficult to entice a quality manager to come in and travel up and down the country with little or no wages and a small budget whatever it may be,anybody in the town worth a shot??

Jdrams fan
08/03/2009, 4:36 PM
as i said i dont want to get into the politics in the club but i think we will have to rely on the youths marty because with the budget we would have there would't be any alternative. and if we do use the youths then maybe a manager that knows them all would be the wisest choice. Yes i do agree with you in hoping some of our previous players would come back buy who knows, but listen thanks for keepin about the footy.

Jdrams fan
08/03/2009, 4:36 PM
From small acorns do big oak trees grow.

Realramsfan
08/03/2009, 5:40 PM
:ball: Avery good pt there jd.surely we have the talent in the town to get the basis of a good squad.it certainly is the way foreward and as you know the more locals in the squad the more interest from the people in the town:D

bellavistaman
09/03/2009, 11:48 AM
Watched eddies team saturday,theres a team with potential, they were on a off day too in front of goal but t created loads of chances, peter, bruts, two wingers john spillanes younger brother on the right was terrific, as was pat not sure of his2nd name on the left, alan kearneys brother was CB he played very well too had a nice partnership with lee, they have 3 great coaches, so theres no stopping them, thetalents out there lads we need to look after it, like giving them the use of the pitch, somebody might aswell use the bloody thing

sláinte101
09/03/2009, 2:03 PM
Watched eddies team saturday,theres a team with potential, they were on a off day too in front of goal but t created loads of chances, peter, bruts, two wingers john spillanes younger brother on the right was terrific, as was pat not sure of his2nd name on the left, alan kearneys brother was CB he played very well too had a nice partnership with lee, they have 3 great coaches, so theres no stopping them, thetalents out there lads we need to look after it, like giving them the use of the pitch, somebody might aswell use the bloody thing

seen two good players playing with springers senior teams the other day....they play in pro ev too!!
who says ya need da young felas!!

watcher
09/03/2009, 2:36 PM

You are spot on, there are many good players in the Cobh teams under 17's,18's and last years under 20's and A League.
if you look at Cork City you have all the best players from Cork City west cork, Kerry and futher afield compared to Cobh most are made up from players living in Cobh plus a few from the city.Corcoran, two Spillane's , Kearney and I think a few more I don't know their names.
Compare the two clubs and you will see City is just shading in games,and not by much. That is why its important to keep the team in the A League and if there is an under 19's or 20's league of Ireland competitions.
Forget whats going on off the field as everyone is divided, why not go and support the youth teams next week, I hear the under 17's are playing Carrigaline in semi finals at St Colemans part Sunday.
Show the off field problems are not dividing the supporters.

Would;nt it be a good Idea to set up a poll and see how many true supports are still left in the club, like the one someone set up for the manager awhile ago.
Also give them a few options to vote on, let all the supports know and ask them to vote
Why don,t you get your heads together and put a poll in place, no in house crap just positive voting and you will get a full picture where you as a club is really wanted to go.

Jdrams fan
09/03/2009, 6:20 PM
at last lads nearly a full page of nothing but football and a lot of excellent suggestions to boot. These players ye are all talkin about are the lads that could make us great again this club needs the kids both on and off the pitch and in sayin that i mean if the young people come out to watch thier buddies playin to a high standard then then the rest will follow e.g. there parents will come along and off we go as a club growing again. If you can remember the buzz that was in this town when we beat athlone thats where we want to get back to and this is where we need to start from so lets give eddies team a chance if thats what we want and then lets give them the support they deserve through thick and thin and mark my words the only way is up lads.

Colin08
10/03/2009, 8:58 AM
There is never nebody from Cobh at Cobh underage games, some supporters ye are !!!!!!!:mad::confused:

Life Member
10/03/2009, 4:28 PM
Have Cobh Ramblers got an A Licence ?

watcher
10/03/2009, 4:35 PM
At this moment Cobb don't. have a C1 car license never mind an A championship license

Life Member
10/03/2009, 5:12 PM
Perhaps their Secretary should come on here to give us an up date on whats happening re Licence, team and manager.

disillusioned
10/03/2009, 5:14 PM
sorry posted elsewhere , friday is deadline isnt it,hopefully they will get it sorted for good of club, stil though would you really get excited by Aleague football, senior league is prob better

luka
10/03/2009, 6:39 PM
At this time Ramblers are entered minto the A League and all other associated cups.

Life Member
10/03/2009, 7:46 PM
At this time Ramblers are entered into the A League and all other associated cups.

That's something to build on. The club must now press on and the best way is through the A League back into the 1st Division again.

This could be the Chairman an Committee bestl season bringing the club back from the brink.

If the club is recapitalised by the FAI and the club is back in the league proper it will be some feat.

don ramo
11/03/2009, 6:38 AM
not gonna quote all the stuff lads, but yes, we do have the honour of having an extremely wealthy pool of talent on our town, and players coming here to ply there trade,

but you must not think that raw talent alone can become great, they have to be guided through the pitfalls of what can happen during a game, how to pick themselfs up after the fall, and for that we will have to have 5-6 players with a few years LOI expierience,

players like mucky and john meade, we need these players in our team when it comes time for kick-off, forgetting A league, when were back in the first division, haveing those 5 players, with the young fellas would be the difference of 3-4 places in the league,

so dont be forgetting that, even though we have the raw talent, it is yet to be refined,

luka
11/03/2009, 8:07 AM
ell, as we'll be playing A League this year under Dave Hill then I'm sure he'll be able to make something of what's available to him. I suspect that we'll be using many of the youths team as well. Nothing official of course but just an educated guess.

pcplod
11/03/2009, 8:12 AM
is it offical that we are in A league and if so when was the revenue and players paid ?

Great news if all of this is done

watcher
11/03/2009, 11:53 AM
ell, as we'll be playing A League this year under Dave Hill then I'm sure he'll be able to make something of what's available to him. I suspect that we'll be using many of the youths team as well. Nothing official of course but just an educated guess.

Saying on another forum a league fixtures were to be out since last monday but FAI
Holding until they see if cobh will be in the A league
Guys any update also who is going to support the un 17s in colemans park on sunday semi final game
I think the game is on at 3pm

jimhacker
12/03/2009, 12:14 PM
Saying on another forum a league fixtures were to be out since last monday but FAI
Holding until they see if cobh will be in the A league
Guys any update also who is going to support the un 17s in colemans park on sunday semi final game
I think the game is on at 3pm

Lads, it's the semi final of the mickey mouse league cup - a pre season tournament that would have been wrapped up months ago but for a bit of weather disruption.

Nothing to be getting too excited about.

watcher
12/03/2009, 12:56 PM
I was waiting for the knockers to jump on this, everything is a micky mouse with most of you.
What difference does it make, your the people on the threads saying oh l love the club lets support it now. The youth of the club is where we need to start again from.
The first time a team is playing in colemans park in a long time and its a semi final but lad/girls forget about it because it's not a big enough cup for us.
It will be the same if you get an A License because that is also a mickey mouse league.
Weather its a micky mouse cup or league match would'nt it be better to go out and support the future player of the club, instead of watching a crap english premier league game with maybe one shot on goal and more action froma barbie doll when she meets Ken.
The reason why I put the thread on about the semi final was to see if I would recieve positive posts or negitive posts and guess what I was correct in that most cobh people on this Forum are more intrested in knocking the club than supporting.

don ramo
12/03/2009, 2:35 PM
I was waiting for the knockers to jump on this, everything is a micky mouse with most of you.
What difference does it make, your the people on the threads saying oh l love the club lets support it now. The youth of the club is where we need to start again from.
The first time a team is playing in colemans park in a long time and its a semi final but lad/girls forget about it because it's not a big enough cup for us.
It will be the same if you get an A License because that is also a mickey mouse league.
Weather its a micky mouse cup or league match would'nt it be better to go out and support the future player of the club, instead of watching a crap english premier league game with maybe one shot on goal and more action froma barbie doll when she meets Ken.
The reason why I put the thread on about the semi final was to see if I would recieve positive posts or negitive posts and guess what I was correct in that most cobh people on this Forum are more intrested in knocking the club than supporting.

well if you were reading this forum for the last 6 months what did ya expect, if the club starts moving forward there be noting to complain about and all our lives will be forever dull, god help if we won another league

it is true regardless of what cup it is, if a rams team on any level is involved they should be supported, ill admit i dont be at many game, and i dont really check fixtures, but if pass the ground and see people playing id generally stop off for a bit and watch,

if im not working sunday ill probably stop by and watch the game, any competitive game of football is always worth watching, no matter the level,

watcher
12/03/2009, 4:43 PM
good to have a positive honest post for a change

sláinte101
12/03/2009, 4:53 PM

Relax anyway and dont be gettin too hot and bothered like....i'm guessin you are closely related with this u17 team thus feel pationate about them, which is good, but dont be continuing the bickering that goes on here!
I'd advise to advertise these paticular games, as was done a couple a years ago for underage teams progressing in the National Cup. Also it wasn't that long ago when there was youth games played in St. Colemans Park so I would'nt neccessarily think it is anythin new or unique. It will be usual passers-by that will watch the game besides family and friends....same thing:different generation!!

Realramsfan
13/03/2009, 7:19 PM
:ball:Going back to DRs pt,do we know how many if any of last years squad are still available to play .It would be great for the future if we had five or six to add to the young talent we have at the club at the moment.Iknow we dont have the same financial base as wexford but maybe we should follow their example and give local youth its chance.We maybe down for a while but it will turn around and we should be in a healthier financial position.:)

Realramsfan
13/03/2009, 8:08 PM
:ball:Does it really matter what type of cup or leauge it is ,if the team go on and win it ,it will be something positive happening and it will create a bit of good publicity for the club for a change instead of being dragged through the gutter.:ball: