PDA

View Full Version : FAI Youth Cup

Town Fan
08/03/2009, 9:24 AM
Graet win for Clonmel Town yesterday in the FAI Youth cup. They are now in the semi final. Anyone at it? who are the other teams left in the competiton?

balls
08/03/2009, 5:42 PM
congrats to town superb win. hope they can get to final now. can anyone post teams and goalscorers

KilmallockYouth
08/03/2009, 11:20 PM
Kilmallock face cork city at home in da qtr final dis saturday

complexman
09/03/2009, 7:16 AM
congrats to town superb win. hope they can get to final now. can anyone post teams and goalscorers

David McGrath got a hatrick and Evan Maguire got the other. Don't know all of the town players

KilmallockYouth
09/03/2009, 4:16 PM
Heard newcastle west are lukin 4 a replay, sumtin 2 do wit da refs,is dis true ,wats da story behind wit it???

balls
09/03/2009, 5:09 PM
the officials for the match were from tipp league, maybe this is what there appealing about. i dont know if refs should be from neutral league for a fai quarter final

Tipperary_Man
09/03/2009, 7:39 PM
the officials for the match were from tipp league, maybe this is what there appealing about. i dont know if refs should be from neutral league for a fai quarter final

With such a comprehensive victory for Town it would be hard to blame the refs for their exit

MikeBassett
09/03/2009, 9:20 PM
Looks like Newcastle West are clutching at straws here appealing that the refs were from Tipp, 4-1 is a convincing enough win but I'm fairly sure the rule for this competition was the officials have to be from different county (or maybe league) from Quarter-finals on. I'm open to correction though

gaiscĂ­och
10/03/2009, 7:32 AM
Looks like Newcastle West are clutching at straws here appealing that the refs were from Tipp, 4-1 is a convincing enough win but I'm fairly sure the rule for this competition was the officials have to be from different county (or maybe league) from Quarter-finals on. I'm open to correction though

No there doesn't have to be officials from a different county. Played in Dublin a few years back in a QF and all the officials were from Dublin.

Town Fan
10/03/2009, 10:06 AM

I think this is poor form out of newcastle west. Jesus 4-1 and Town missed a pen, I don't think the ref was responsible for that

KilmallockYouth
10/03/2009, 5:11 PM
ya 4-1 too much of a convincin victory 2 be appealed,if they had a problem with the refs they shudnt have played the match in the first place,i heard there was 3 neutral refs there but 3 home refs turned up and told neutral refs to go home ,something like that any way,did newcastle west get to the QTR Final in u17s aswell????

buddygeary23
11/03/2009, 11:26 PM
i was at the game on sat in clonmel and ncw were poor enough,not up to their standard.clonmel were the better team on the day but the officals on the day were a disgrace...gave ncw nothing,linesman put the flag up for offside and took it down again and clonmel striker went on to score from it wen he was clearly offside,another occasion he put the flag up for offside wen the striker was clearly 10yards offside.the southern tipp officals turned up and told the fai officals to go home that they were refereeing the game..the fai referees from waterford WERE supposed to referee the game.clonmel scored a peno from which the ncw defender won the ball and got split in the head..disgrace of a descision once again.clonmel played the better football on the day and deserve to go thru on that....

newcastle west under 17 are in the quarter final of the fai cup away to a team in meath..9 of the under 18 team are under age again next year..

tipp man
12/03/2009, 7:46 AM
Who is responsible for the referee mix-up; the TSDL secretary?

oscar
12/03/2009, 9:57 PM
best of luck to Kilmallock this saturday against Cork:ball:

alidiei
12/03/2009, 11:05 PM
best of luck to Kilmallock this saturday against Cork:ball:
best of luck lads;)

KilmallockYouth
13/03/2009, 7:51 PM
Thanks lads we'll need all the luck we can get, what was going to be a hard game for us has become near impossible now with our best two players out, both center midfielders are out Grame Mulcahy is playing hurling with Limerick tomorrow and Chris Todd got injured in the last 16 of the under 17's FAI last week and its was comfirmed tonight by our physio he is not fit to play either.

pearse4t3
13/03/2009, 8:33 PM
Thanks lads we'll need all the luck we can get, what was going to be a hard game for us has become near impossible now with our best two players out, both center midfielders are out Grame Mulcahy is playing hurling with Limerick tomorrow and Chris Todd got injured in the last 16 of the under 17's FAI last week and its was comfirmed tonight by our physio he is not fit to play either.

After coming so far a player decides to play a hurling game(of little importance), that cant be right.

oscar
13/03/2009, 11:07 PM
thats hurling country for you

KilmallockYouth
14/03/2009, 12:07 PM
To be honest it a total joke, he is showing no respect for the rest of his team, and the worst thing about it is he is one of the best players if not the best player in the county at this age but hurling has always come first with him

oscar
15/03/2009, 10:49 AM
how did ye get on

abbeyvale
15/03/2009, 2:50 PM
how did ye get on

They were beaten, not sure of the result though!!!

KilmallockYouth
15/03/2009, 3:26 PM
We lost 3-1!! Referee was a disgrace, sent kilmallcok player off with 2 harsh yellows whereas Cork players werent even gettin booked for dirty tackles and mouthin!!
1-1 at half time, Cork went 2-1 up wit a lucky deflection and then with Kilmallock attacking Cork countered and got their 3rd with what looked to be offside, not bein biased either!!

tipp man
15/03/2009, 7:00 PM
Another ref did for ye then. Jaysus if it wasn't for those refs you would win all round ye.

KilmallockYouth
16/03/2009, 12:31 AM
only sayin what it was like ,u can ask any of the neutrals dat were at the match,its ovbious little towns like kilmallock are not wanted to be mixing it with the big clubs and city teams

tipp man
16/03/2009, 7:05 AM
Conspiracy theories and notions of persecution. You should get Oliver Stone to make a movie about ye.

KilmallockYouth
16/03/2009, 11:45 PM
At the end of the day we got beat by a good Cork City side and probably the only side left in it that would have beat us at home. I'm not giving out about the result on the day Cork City deserved to win cause they were slightly the better side and passed the ball better even tho we created the better chances, but the ref did not help us in anyway with so very strange calls especially the sending off, everyone taught it was a free to Kilmallock and the ref gave the free to Cork and sent the kilmallock player off even when he knew he was injured and just about to be taken off

oscar
17/03/2009, 1:35 PM
where were the officials from

hoop4life
18/03/2009, 8:50 PM
salthill beat monaghan united 2-0 last sunday. my tip to min it. they will take beating in the youth cup and the u17s aswell

Innishvilla
20/03/2009, 11:31 AM
salthill beat monaghan united 2-0 last sunday. my tip to min it. they will take beating in the youth cup and the u17s aswell

Semi final draw:
Castleview (Cork) v Salthill Devon (Galway)
Cork City v Clonmel Town (Subject to outcome of Newcastle West objection)

Final to be played in the area the winners of second semi-final (hence guaranteed Munster Final venue)

Interesting side note Cork City also play Clonmel Town tonight (Friday) in the semi-final of the Munster youth cup...

KilmallockYouth
20/03/2009, 4:59 PM
The officials were from the desmond league and if you don't believe the ref was a joke read this week's Limerick Leader!!

KilmallockYouth
22/03/2009, 3:07 PM
U 17's FAI Cup quarter final

Salthill Devon 1 Kilmallock 2
Chris Todd and Paul Doona scored for Kilmallock

cfc1888
23/03/2009, 9:48 PM
Heard earlier on Tipp FM that Newcastle West won their appeal & Clonmel Town have to play them again. Shocking decision imo, NW were outplayed on the day & very convincingly beaten 4-1. Bad form from the NW management to appeal in the first place. Hopefully Town can put in a similar performance & beat them as convincingly again.

pimpong
23/03/2009, 11:28 PM
Heard earlier on Tipp FM that Newcastle West won their appeal & Clonmel Town have to play them again. Shocking decision imo, NW were outplayed on the day & very convincingly beaten 4-1. Bad form from the NW management to appeal in the first place. Hopefully Town can put in a similar performance & beat them as convincingly again.
The officals must have been very bad if they did win the objection..If thier was a big difference betwwen the teams as ye say clonmel will have no problems doing it again:rolleyes:

tipp man
24/03/2009, 12:12 PM
Yer man on Tipp FM didn't hold back from criticising the league and the FAI.

balls
24/03/2009, 5:09 PM
game fixed for sat week. hope clonmel can beat them again be a shame if they lost the refixture

buddygeary23
02/04/2009, 4:44 AM
newcastle west did win the appeal for the replay against clonmel town... at half time in the match ncw vice chairman handed a letter to both officals..the tipp officals and waterford officals...they did which was the right thing to do,any other club wud have done the same thing...if theres officals after travelling all the way from waterford to referee the game and told they are not doing it then something has to be done...clonmel were the better side on the day by far and will prob be the better side on saturday...

ncw afc under 17s lost away to monaghan united 3-1 in the u17 fai quarter finals last week..they meet kimallock in the semis...best of luck to kimallock in that

KilmallockYouth
07/04/2009, 2:51 PM
Thanks we'll give it our best shot any way. Clonmel beat newcastle west 4 - 1 in the replay, fair play to dem after havin to play it again , best of luck in the semis

KilmallockYouth
15/04/2009, 12:26 AM
Sunday April 19th
FAI Under 17 Cup Semi-Final
Kilmallock v Monaghan UTD
2 O Clock Kick off in Kilmallock

hoop4life
16/04/2009, 12:02 PM
also on sunday salthill play castleview from cork at 2pm in cork in the youth cup semi final

KilmallockYouth
20/04/2009, 2:51 PM
Kilmallock beat Monaghan UTD 3-2 in the U-17 FAI semi final. Great result for the team and the club. Well done to the lads.

Innishvilla
20/04/2009, 3:17 PM
also on sunday salthill play castleview from cork at 2pm in cork in the youth cup semi final

Result:

Castleview 1 : 3 Salthill Devon

KilmallockYouth
21/04/2009, 1:36 PM
How did the other semi final go in the or has it been played yet

balls
21/04/2009, 3:36 PM
cork city beat clonmel town on pens

KilmallockYouth
28/04/2009, 12:25 AM
It will be a good final but I think Salthill Devon will just about do enough to win it.

KilmallockYouth
20/05/2009, 4:04 PM
FAI U17 Cup Final
Sunday 24th in Tolka Park 3pm kick off
Kilmallock v Belvedere Boys

referee
20/05/2009, 5:47 PM
FAI U17 Cup Final
Sunday 24th in Tolka Park 3pm kick off
Kilmallock v Belvedere Boys

Best of luck. Do Limerick proud

oscar
20/05/2009, 7:29 PM
the best of luck to Kilmallock from all in Janesboro:ball::ball::ball:

Innishvilla
21/05/2009, 8:42 AM
It will be a good final but I think Salthill Devon will just about do enough to win it.

From what I heard it was a cracking game with Cork City winning with a penalty very late on.

Fair play to Salthill Devon, they had a really unlucky weekend in Cork. With Cork City winning the youths and Greenwood winning the U16.