PDA

View Full Version : Can Limerick do it? or will Derry maintain the status quo>

Xlex
03/12/2003, 3:25 PM
Eventual playoff semi - winners?

A good 0-0 draw for the heroes from Limerick... the form team against the team with the worst form in the playoffs...

I'm going for Limerick, to edge it...

As for Harps and Bray, I'm thinking Harps...

I wish it was going to be a Harps - Derry Final...

Xlex
03/12/2003, 3:30 PM
I also meant to say that I think it's due to be a first divisions year, but if the Premier team is to lose I believe it will be in the semi's as you really have only one chance to do it...

Best of luck to all at the same time...

Macy
03/12/2003, 3:46 PM
Limerick to win it, Derry to drag eL football through the mud and courts and then Bray to come up as the nearest to meeting the Licence.....

pete
03/12/2003, 4:34 PM
Never thought Derry could win 2 of last 3 games but I'm sticking with Limerick for no apparent reason. 0-0 good first leg result too.

John83
03/12/2003, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Limerick to win it, Derry to drag eL football through the mud and courts and then Bray to come up as the nearest to meeting the Licence.....
It's funny because it's true. :)

James
03/12/2003, 5:49 PM
you gotta fancy derry after a scoreless 1st leg in Limerick

Stalemate between Limerick and Derry
Limerick may have stretched their unbeaten run to fourteen games, but this afternoon’s eircom League Promotion/Relegation Play-off first leg 0-0 draw with Derry City, means Mike Kerley’s side need a win next Saturday at the Brandywell to progress their chances of Premier Division football next season.
report from rte website (http://www.rte.ie/sport/2003/1203/soccer/playoff.html)

Red_terror
03/12/2003, 6:04 PM
I am almost certain that derry were recently the first irish club north or south to get acceptance of their plans to implement the uefa licenece so it wil be us and not bray if it goes to the licence

But we want the harps so as usual we can beat the bog boys

dortie
03/12/2003, 7:46 PM
Originally posted by John83
It's funny because it's true. :)

What .....you mean even funnier than you getting relegated ??

As much as i admire your predictions...Limericks chance is now GONE !

As for Harps....if they make it to the final.....just go look at the stats between Derry v Harps......lol....

corkharps
03/12/2003, 9:23 PM
I saw Harps play Limerick earlier in the season at pike rover's. The pitch was in good condition and they ran like Hares.Ironic I know since they are going to a greyhound track next Saturday.The Hare to win this one!:p

brendy_éire
03/12/2003, 9:29 PM
Originally posted by corkharps
Ironic I know since they are going to a greyhound track next Saturday.The Hare to win this one!:p

No end to these Harps wans and their humour, eh?

All I'll say, good luck Harps against Bray. I don't think ye's will do it mind, but hope ye's do.
And Limerick won't beat us. I was worried on their current form about us having to go there, but after a 0-0, I'd expect us to do the business on Saturday. There's no denying there's definately a gap between the Premier and First Divisions.

dortie
04/12/2003, 6:18 AM
Originally posted by corkharps
I saw Harps play Limerick earlier in the season at pike rover's. The pitch was in good condition and they ran like Hares.Ironic I know since they are going to a greyhound track next Saturday.The Hare to win this one!:p

So you think that pitch is actually in good condition ?? Just proves to me how long youve been in the first division !! Not your fault you dont know any different i suppose.

The hare more likely to get eaten alive !

Macy
04/12/2003, 9:22 AM
Originally posted by Red_terror
I am almost certain that derry were recently the first irish club north or south to get acceptance of their plans to implement the uefa licenece so it wil be us and not bray if it goes to the licence

Derry City anticipate spending around €400,000 and even that would leave the Northerners, still not guaranteed Premier Division football next season, with just their new stand in use and their capacity reduced from around 8,500 to just 2,380

Not as fookin close as you keep going on about...... I'm sure you'll easily meet the 1st Division requirements though....

dortie
04/12/2003, 12:04 PM
Not as fookin close as you keep going on about...... I'm sure you'll easily meet the 1st Division requirements though....

We have met them !

BTW: We are not in the first division yet........

Whats it really like in the first division anyway....i mean Longford has vast experience in it !

Macy
04/12/2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by dortie
Whats it really like in the first division anyway....i mean Longford has vast experience in it !
Sure it's not as bad as you think - why else would you bother visiting such no mark towns as Cobh, Monaghan and Athlone.....

dancinpants
04/12/2003, 4:31 PM
no mark towns?.......ah hello, LONGFORD!!! What the f##ks in LONGFORD?

dcfc_legend9
04/12/2003, 8:59 PM
Lads use need d catch urself on. after Longford lyin down on sunday theres only one reason why they want us down because they new we wud survive the playoffs and know that we r always a threat.

Think about it wats limerick,bray or the sheep gona offer u.

DERRY CITY F.C r needed in the league after all longford have **** all fans compared d us.

We'll maul Limerick on sat and it will b harps who we play in the final cant wait.....

Gavin Dykes Red And White Army

A face
04/12/2003, 9:24 PM
Originally posted by dancinpants
no mark towns?.......ah hello, LONGFORD!!! What the f##ks in LONGFORD?

What do you mean "WHATS IN LONGFORT"

Blazers
The Cinema
The Chinese
The Bog Museum
The Crazy Golf Course
Blazers
SuperValu

The list goes on my friend .... do you want me to stop now .... do ya ?? huh .... "WHATS IN LONGFORT" ..... What will he come out with next ??? Lord above !! :rolleyes:

:)

brendy_éire
04/12/2003, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by A face
What do you mean "WHATS IN LONGFORT"
The Bog Museum

No, ye can't be serious?!? A museum about bogs? LOL, brilliant! :D

Macy
05/12/2003, 8:43 AM
Originally posted by dcfc_legend9
[B]Lads use need d catch urself on. after Longford lyin down on sunday theres only one reason why they want us down because they new we wud survive the playoffs and know that we r always a threat[B]
We had 8 players out between the UAE and injury....

As for the threat - you've beaten us once since we got promoted - some fookin threat.....

dortie
05/12/2003, 9:52 AM
We had 8 players out between the UAE and injury....

As for the threat - you've beaten us once since we got promoted - some fookin threat.....

If we survive this nightmare (a situation DERRY CITY should not be in) i can safely say we will carry out the necessary measures that are required to take us back to were we belong.....the top 4 !!

10 honours in 17 years :D

dcfc_legend9
05/12/2003, 11:22 AM
we wer unlucky this year.fair enough use we beat use once but it doesnt mean we shouldnt of finished above use. use r an average team we wer ****e this yr but nxt yr is gona b different. we'll b competing for honours in the EL premier division and use will be back down wer use belong.

LIAMS A LEGEND

Schumi
05/12/2003, 11:59 AM
we wer unlucky this year. How do you work that out? Derry were the worst team we played against this year, as bad as we were at the start of the season. If anything you were lucky to make the play-offs.

pineapple stu
05/12/2003, 12:55 PM
after Longford lying down on Sunday

:confused: :confused:

There's been six-match bans handed out for less!

Longford didn't lie down on Sunday, I can assure you. We were just far too good for them and scored two brilliant goals. Unfortunately, Doolin had done his damage by that stage and so it wasn't enough.

If Derry don't go down this year, they'll go down next year or the year after. They got their warning last season and did absolutely nothing about it. It's sad to see, but the club seems to be going nowhere, certainly not to the top four next season!

dortie
05/12/2003, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
:confused: :confused:

If Derry don't go down this year, they'll go down next year or the year after. They got their warning last season and did absolutely nothing about it. It's sad to see, but the club seems to be going nowhere, certainly not to the top four next season!

Silly comment.....if we manage to stay up it will be back to the drawing board and money will be spent i can assure you....! Our club will never be in this position again.....!

im loving the negativity about Derry, but its usually from clubs who strive to be like us.