PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers 1-1 Cork City

dong
07/03/2009, 9:05 PM
Decent performance. Solid start and showed good spirit to pull it out of the fire.

sligofan4ever
07/03/2009, 9:34 PM
Good game, controlled the game throughout. Every player played well, I think Shaun Holmes could be a danger to other teams from free-kicks. Such a shocking referee tonight, was it Richie Winter ? he was playing favourites but he still dished out the cards too the Cork players. That goal will do a world of good for Parkhouse's confidence.

sligoman
07/03/2009, 9:50 PM
I think Shaun Holmes could be a danger to other teams from free-kicks.And also a danger to Rovers when he plays for us.

Rovers fan
07/03/2009, 9:50 PM
Nice to see parky silence the doubters, for now anyway. Weather kinda wrecked it and probably hindered the attendance too, twas feckin freezing! We were the better side and should have led at half time. Brush had very little to do and they were pretty ineffective going forward. Great save by connor from o'grady but was the follow up defo offside? Holmes made a few errors, including one for the goal but did a lot of positive things also. All in all not too bad, great to score straight after them and silence the langers(who travelled in good numbers btw). Still though, these are the type of games we need to be winning but it always takes a few games for things to gel in to place. Bring on tallaght:)

Rovers1
07/03/2009, 9:52 PM
And also a danger to Rovers when he plays for us.

he played very well before his **** up.

sligoman
07/03/2009, 9:53 PM
he played very well before his **** up.At times yes, also made a fair few mistakes.

Red&White Rover
07/03/2009, 10:01 PM
Thought he had a great game bar the mistake which unfortunately led to a goal.

Well Red
07/03/2009, 10:19 PM
Sounds like it was a good performance by Rovers on a bad night and thanks to Sligo Rovers website for giving those of us too far away to be present tonight a very good report on the match. Waited in vain for Aertel to give a match report but it had not happened when I switched off. On to Tallagh now and we will be all there to drive the bit of red on to their first win.

SligoBrewer
07/03/2009, 11:20 PM
http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/11334/2/
Report Up

srfc1928
08/03/2009, 8:48 AM
http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/11334/2/
Report Up
Attendence 1700 - seems a bit low

srfc1928
08/03/2009, 9:00 AM
On the balance of play we were unlucky not to win.
But scoring the equaliser so late in the game felt like a victory.
It was really important not to get beat in the first home game of the season,
the lads showed great character to come back.
Just goes to show how deceptive pre season games can be,
We looked a lot sharper and fitter

red arrow
08/03/2009, 9:41 AM
i thought we did very well on a very bad night weathwerwise. the pitch was very heavy and the team showed great character. overall i though the defence was very sound and even if homes did make that mistake i thought he played very well otherwise. its a pity that the crowd was not bigger although at one stage (7 oclock) there was thunder and lightning and i thought the game might have being called off. we need to get more people to the games or we will be in trouble again as we all know that the budget is circa 1 million. the club needs all the help it can get so lets put a big push for the pats game and get the numbers up.

Rovers Maniac
08/03/2009, 9:50 AM
Thought we played well in patches, poor game overall and not helped by the pitch. Thought Peers was superb and Richie Ryan done well too. Terrible evening for the game, thunder and lighting less than an hour before kick off would have kept away the fair weather supporter. Parky took his goal very well.

Terry
08/03/2009, 9:53 AM
Did Alan Keane play? If so, how was he?

showgies
08/03/2009, 10:50 AM
Did Alan Keane play? If so, how was he?

Keane was solid, in fact I thought the whole defence were. I would have liked him to get forward a bit more, but then again I was used to Coleman bombing forward and it would be unfair to expect similar.

The only thing I didn't like about the team was playing Doherty on the right and Morrison on the left. Am I mistaken but isnt Owen right footed. Cook could have at least done a swap during the game. Doherty is far better on the left.

Overall we certainly deserved the draw.

Terry
08/03/2009, 1:51 PM
Good to hear, Keane doesnt go forward at all, completely defensive minded player, very solid. Can take great penos though!!!

avvenalaf
08/03/2009, 6:56 PM
That'll be handy in The Champions League Final.

showgies
08/03/2009, 7:57 PM
We could have done with a few of them over the past two seasons. I hope he teaches Danny how to take one.

redobit
09/03/2009, 10:41 AM
What was up with the burberry (as one of the lads put it) Im as hard as Danny Dyer crew that Cork had with them. Funny really.

Redie
09/03/2009, 10:46 AM
Good to hear, Keane doesnt go forward at all, completely defensive minded player, very solid. Can take great penos though!!!

The more I see of him the more I like. Very solid.

The only thing I didn't like about the team was playing Doherty on the right and Morrison on the left. Am I mistaken but isnt Owen right footed. Cook could have at least done a swap during the game. Doherty is far better on the left.

This was very baffling. Both players were too easily marked being on the wrong side. I hope Paul isn't trying to be too clever.

Poor game not helped by the weather. I thought Ventre was one of our best players on the night. Good start for Parkhouse and while getting the equaliser felt like getting a winner it is still two points dropped.

Worst Cork team I've seen in years. Showed very little ambition and were playing for a draw from the kick-off. Can anyone confirm the rumour that Faz was on the pitch Saturday night.

Rovers Maniac
09/03/2009, 11:40 AM
The more I see of him the more I like. Very solid.

This was very baffling. Both players were too easily marked being on the wrong side. I hope Paul isn't trying to be too clever.

Totally agree i could not understand that either, neither looked comfortable or were that effective on the night. Although saying that i think Morrison will be a good player for us.

sligoman
09/03/2009, 11:56 AM
Can anyone confirm the rumour that Faz was on the pitch Saturday night.Faz played as good as he usually does, glad he's not still with us;)

SligoBrewer
09/03/2009, 3:59 PM
Faz played as good as he usually does, glad he's not still with us;)

I'd be delighted if he re-signed with us.
Absolutely over the moon.

He's a top class player.

roversforever
09/03/2009, 4:02 PM

Are you serious?you may not have liked the way he left but i don't think there's too many that would question his ability.

redobit
09/03/2009, 4:25 PM
After Faz scored that penalty against Bohs I will not have a bad word to say about him. Fine player.

Martinho II
09/03/2009, 7:11 PM
had cork city much of a crowd down lads??

Rovers Maniac
09/03/2009, 7:14 PM
had cork city much of a crowd down lads??

Ya not bad at all Mart, not too sure maybe 150 to 200 approx.

celticV3
10/03/2009, 1:02 PM
Ya not bad at all Mart, not too sure maybe 150 to 200 approx.
100 of them were propa naughty!!!:rolleyes:

Rovers1
10/03/2009, 1:24 PM

:rolleyes:....gettin' old now

Faz is a quality player. Would gladly take him back.

whiteagle
10/03/2009, 5:13 PM
Rovers Played some nice football considering the conditions , i though brush looked a bit panicky at times , back line did well although holmes is strong passer and cross of the ball hes sluggish getting back a fast winger would murder him , ventre looked a little out of place in the centre we need mauro back there..., midfield was good to , ryan is one of the best players in the league when fit his touch and pass is quality , o grady was was quality and morrison and doherty should of played there proper wings , doherty looks like he hasnt any confidence taking players on. Boco was quality but seems ineffective when it comes to the last third sometimes , raph is brilliant and well done to parkie .

it will be a good campaign this year and great youth coming through .

the rock n roll
10/03/2009, 7:13 PM
:rolleyes:....gettin' old now

Faz is a quality player. Would gladly take him back.
dont listen to sligoman:D

Redie
11/03/2009, 8:55 AM
Rovers Played some nice football considering the conditions , i though brush looked a bit panicky at times , back line did well although holmes is strong passer and cross of the ball hes sluggish getting back a fast winger would murder him , ventre looked a little out of place in the centre we need mauro back there..., midfield was good to , ryan is one of the best players in the league when fit his touch and pass is quality , o grady was was quality and morrison and doherty should of played there proper wings , doherty looks like he hasnt any confidence taking players on. Boco was quality but seems ineffective when it comes to the last third sometimes , raph is brilliant and well done to parkie .

it will be a good campaign this year and great youth coming through .

Quality control is very important.