PDA

View Full Version : RTE's Picture Quality

A face
07/03/2009, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know why RTEs picture is cropped on TV screens? All other stations are grand, just RTE. When looking at, for example, at football game the scores etc. at top left are half missing because the picture is too big for the screens.

Whats going on there?

brianw82
07/03/2009, 1:03 PM
Would it be something to do with the fact that they broadcast in widescreen?

Schumi
07/03/2009, 1:08 PM
All stations broadcast in widescreen. Most of them have the score in from the side of the screen though so it still shows up on a non-widescreen telly.

A face
10/03/2009, 8:55 PM
It is the most annoying thing ever :(:mad:

Boo_Boy
15/03/2009, 5:03 PM
Same on my TV in the living room (28'' Widescreen), but in my bedroom its fine on my 40'' LCD :confused:.

Really annoying, if i try to watch football in my bedroom i'll end up falling asleep:(

eamo1
20/03/2009, 10:03 AM
I think its a signal issue coming to a particular T.V.It happens on one TV in my house but not on another and both are around the same size.Some times i'll hear a click in my tv and the screen will "bounce" for want of a better word and then the score goes off the screen.Doesnt matter though,my team still always loses:p

Macy
20/03/2009, 10:20 AM
Sounds more like the settings on the TV, I've only analogue RTE though.

Dodge
20/03/2009, 11:10 AM
Its either the TV settings, or the providers setting (Sky, NTL/chorus).

Jofspring
23/03/2009, 12:09 PM
If you have chorus or sky its doing this because of the setting on your box. Go into settings in either box and change the picture from Auto to 16:9 and that should fix it, if not try the other settings. Most boxes are already set to auto so this causes bits of the screen on certain channels to be missing. Ive changed the setting on loads of my friends digital boxes on all sizes of t.v and it always sorts it out.

A face
24/03/2009, 4:32 PM
If you have chorus or sky its doing this because of the setting on your box. Go into settings in either box and change the picture from Auto to 16:9 and that should fix it, if not try the other settings. Most boxes are already set to auto so this causes bits of the screen on certain channels to be missing. Ive changed the setting on loads of my friends digital boxes on all sizes of t.v and it always sorts it out.

But why is it ok on all channels except for RTE? Will it mess the other channels that are ok right now? I'll give it a bash i suppose.

Jofspring
24/03/2009, 5:19 PM
no it hasn't interfered with any other channels, if anything it shows more on other channels. i found on sky sports when i changed the setting there is about an inch extra on each side of the picture. If it does affect them its easy to switch back.

A face
24/03/2009, 9:59 PM
no it hasn't interfered with any other channels, if anything it shows more on other channels. i found on sky sports when i changed the setting there is about an inch extra on each side of the picture. If it does affect them its easy to switch back.

Result, fair play. cheers for that. That was doing my head in.

Jofspring
25/03/2009, 3:36 PM
Result, fair play. cheers for that. That was doing my head in.

No problem, it used to wreck my head aswell.

bellavistaman
23/04/2009, 11:35 PM
Ive 42 inch in my bedroom happens me no matter setting i put on, wrecks my head!!

Schumi
26/04/2009, 3:02 PM
Ive 42 inch in my bedroom

No need to brag!