PDA

View Full Version : UCD 2-1 Limerick

DeNiro
07/03/2009, 9:00 AM
Wasn't a bad game last night. Poor first half, but came strong in second. Reilly, Kilduff and Finn played well, but centre-halves looked unsure at time. The distribution from the whole back line is slow and at awkward heights for midfielders/strikers. Fingal will be a big test next week. Late goal conceded in last two games!

Poor Student
07/03/2009, 9:33 AM
I think we're going to be involved in a lot of goals this season, both conceded and scored. This team can certainly play and move the ball about. The midfielders and forwards are very mobile and attack minded. The strikers had good movement and often both tried to play right along the line although they were caught/stood offside too often for my likeing. On the other hand, the centre defence pairing looked a bit shakey and Barron doesn't inspire me with confidence based on that performance. I also feel the midfield could get overran against superior opposition. 4-5-1 may be an option for next week.

I enjoyed the match itself. The game was a lot more open and exciting than most of what we were subjected to last season. Hopefully this team will get better as they get more games under their belt together. I'd like to think we can at least finish top half.

pineapple stu
07/03/2009, 9:50 AM
Defence was definitely the weak point, but with Shorty and Evan to come back in, you'd imagine that would shore it up considerably. Give the new lads five or so games to settle down and I think we could make a run on third.

Kilduff's a quality player, Mulhall's goal was superb; would have worries about Greg in particular getting muscled out of the First Division - he dawdled a lot last night, I think. Overall, much better than I thought we'd do.

Haven't really enjoyed myself at a game since what, Rovers away last year?

Schumi
07/03/2009, 10:08 AM
I really enjoyed that. Maybe it was just the contrast to last year's pain but we played some nice stuff. Kilduff was excellent, Finn did well and we were comfortably the better team, even if Limerick weren't great. The defence was a bit hairy at times but was mostly second choice. My one concern was that Barron didn't come for many crosses and didn't seem too confident.

We Are Top Of The League. :D

Treaty Gooner
07/03/2009, 10:45 AM
I really enjoyed that. Maybe it was just the contrast to last year's pain but we played some nice stuff. Kilduff was excellent, Finn did well and we were comfortably the better team, even if Limerick weren't great. The defence was a bit hairy at times but was mostly second choice. My one concern was that Barron didn't come for many crosses and didn't seem too confident.

We Are Top Of The League. :D

Wasn't at the game lads, any positive for the Lims?

starbar
07/03/2009, 11:45 AM
well done UCD good start to the season;)

HarpoJoyce
07/03/2009, 11:51 AM
Wasn't at the game lads, any positive for the Lims?

Kept it clean, played some football. In the first hour Limerick had some shots from outside the area. But once they started presurrising our keeper they created some 'half-chances'. Limerick's goal was from an uncleared set-piece on 90 minutes. Even after that Limerick created another break-away with UCD defence scurrying back.

I think the development of the Limerick team is further along then some cautious posters thought in pre-season. I think, they are one of about eight teams that could finish fourth or fifth.

pineapple stu
07/03/2009, 12:16 PM
New rule for this season, by the way - there's to be no slagging the UCD Aertel reports. They're now all brilliant. :)

Schumi
07/03/2009, 1:00 PM
You could have at least added one typo for authenticity. :)

DmanDmythDledge
07/03/2009, 1:08 PM
You could have at least added one typo for authenticity. :)
We're second, not top.;)

Schumi
07/03/2009, 1:11 PM
Joint-top, good enough for me.

HarpoJoyce
07/03/2009, 4:36 PM
I thought Galway were top.

Angus
07/03/2009, 8:02 PM
"Oh to, oh to be, oh to be a

Killa"

With appropriate respect to Coventry fans and Brian Kilcline, expect me to add this to:

This never works
Give it to Bogdan
Sammo !!
Don't think so lino

...during the season

pineapple stu
07/03/2009, 10:52 PM
Full match report. (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/index.php?a=218)

Can't remember the other unused sub, and may have sub details wrong too.

Lim till i die
08/03/2009, 5:20 PM
I think the development of the Limerick team is further along then some cautious posters thought in pre-season. I think, they are one of about eight teams that could finish fourth or fifth.

Oh Goody. :rolleyes:

Missing Jason Hughes the other night, Wayne was banjaxed and one of our centre halfs was half crocked and had zero pre season.

We will get a lot better.

Having said that was fairly despondant the other night..... but then I saw Kildare v Harps. :eek:

Colie
08/03/2009, 6:52 PM
I enjoyed that too. So much more enjoyable when you play footy & win I guess. One downer: €5 an hour in the car park. Is that some sort of joke? I'll be parking in Clonskeagh next time.

DmanDmythDledge
08/03/2009, 10:00 PM
Good report from extratime.ie (http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/11300/2/).

Angus
09/03/2009, 8:21 AM
One downer: €5 an hour in the car park. Is that some sort of joke?

Bizarre - I thought the vast bulk of the campus was free parking - strange. I generally park on the little road opposite RTE - pay parking but free after 7pm

pineapple stu
09/03/2009, 8:34 AM
I thought the Sports Centre car park was free after 7?

Martinho II
09/03/2009, 7:27 PM
how did our ex players john reilly and luke hardy play the other night??

pineapple stu
10/03/2009, 9:43 AM
Hardy was an unused sub.

Rocco did quietly OK; don't think he was involved in either goal, but will be a good player this season for us.

IJsbrandij
11/03/2009, 7:15 PM
Hi all,

What is the front name of player McMAHON that was substituted IN ....in the game against Limerick.

As well I can't find field positions and birthdates of much of the players. The website has nothing on that :(

IJsbrandij
11/03/2009, 7:49 PM
What is slagging?

my english is not top

IJsbrandij
11/03/2009, 7:50 PM
The same Peter McMahon that played for Berwick Rangers in Scotland?

IJsbrandij
11/03/2009, 8:09 PM
Aaah OK..........well let's hope all will be on soon. There are of course worse websites then the UCD one. In potential it's even quite good - only some of the functions don't work.

But maybe you have a birthdate of this Peter McMahon guy. That can help in comparing with the Berwick guy. To avoid doubles in our database.

HarpoJoyce
11/03/2009, 9:03 PM

But maybe you have a birthdate of this Peter McMahon guy. That can help in comparing with the Berwick guy. To avoid doubles in our database.

Peter McMahon was part of our U20 side last year if this narrows it down.

DmanDmythDledge
11/03/2009, 9:10 PM
The Peter McMahon that plays for us is from Monaghan in Ireland.

IJsbrandij
11/03/2009, 9:17 PM
OK ....

the games that we have for Berwick were in month 07.2008 and in 08.2008.

So for now I guess it's 99% that he never has been there.

Then there are two PETER McMAHON players.

Still it would help to have the birthdates. Same for lots of other UCD players.

Together with Mervue and Limerick I miss the most birthdates of players at UCD. Our UCD data is a mess, lots of players with unknown position, and lots with missing birthdate, probably even some already gone:

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/ireland-republic/university-college-dublin-football-club/

DmanDmythDledge
11/03/2009, 10:15 PM
OK ....

the games that we have for Berwick were in month 07.2008 and in 08.2008.

So for now I guess it's 99% that he never has been there.

Then there are two PETER McMAHON players.

Still it would help to have the birthdates. Same for lots of other UCD players.

Together with Mervue and Limerick I miss the most birthdates of players at UCD. Our UCD data is a mess, lots of players with unknown position, and lots with missing birthdate, probably even some already gone:

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/ireland-republic/university-college-dublin-football-club/
I'm getting together stats for FM. I haven't started fully yet but will start doing a bit of research soon. PM your email address and I will send you on whatever info I get.

John83
11/03/2009, 10:26 PM
Our UCD data is a mess, lots of players with unknown position, and lots with missing birthdate, probably even some already gone:

D. McMillan Striker
K. Ward Unknown 1 0 0 0
A. Boyle Unknown 1 0 0 0
C. Nangle Unknown 1 0 0 0
Murphy Unknown 0 0 0 0
P. McMahon Unknown 1 0 0 0
R. Creevy Unknown 1 0 0 0
M. Leahy Unknown 1 0 0 0
M. Gregg transfered to Bohemian FC
G. Barron Goalkeeper 1 0 0 0
B. Shortall 23 Defender 0 0 0 0
T. McDonnell Retired
K. Gallagher Released (?)
S. Harding Defender 1 0 0 0
C. Mulhall 21 Midfielder 1 1 0 0
S. Fitzgerald Midfielder 0 0 0 0
G. Bolger 20 Midfielder 1 0 0 0
B. Oprea Released
B. King Released (rumoured to be signing for Drogheda United)
A. Mahon Retired
D. Meenan Transfered to Shelbourne FC
R. Finn 21 Midfielder 1 0 0 0
J. Reilly 26 Midfielder 1 0 0 0
P. McWalter Retired
T. Purcell Transfered to Shamrock Rovers
C. Kilduff 20 Attacker 1 1 0 0
F. Moran Released (?)

The guys will sort you out with the positions of the new players. DOBs will have to come from the club (unless Dmanetc has gathered them from Bebo! ;)). Perhaps Pineapple Stu can facilitate that.

IJsbrandij
11/03/2009, 11:27 PM
OK some already adjusted........

the released once I wait for more finalization of future clubs.

Thanks

pineapple stu
12/03/2009, 8:38 AM
K. Gallagher Released (?)
Studying in Edinburgh for a year. May be back this year, but that's purely because he hasn't been released per se.

F. Moran Released (?)
Yep.

The player profile section on the website is being updated. I think Juanace is sorting stuff like DoBs, but dman's a wealth of info on stuff like that.

Schumi
12/03/2009, 3:31 PM
As well I can't find field positions and birthdates of much of the players. The website has nothing on that :(

The positions are here (http://ucdsoccer.com/eircomleague.php?a=216). I don't know about birthdates.

IJsbrandij
12/03/2009, 10:04 PM
OK that helps already most position solved.

Only R. Creevy I could not find.

And the misteryous mister Murphy who played. Who 15.09.2007 against Sligo the 2-1 in the 90th minute.

Probably a guy who has long left the club.

DmanDmythDledge
12/03/2009, 10:16 PM
Only R. Creevy I could not find.

And the misteryous mister Murphy who played. Who 15.09.2007 against Sligo the 2-1 in the 90th minute.
I think he is a midfielder/striker.

Paul Murphy, now playing for Wexford Youths.

IJsbrandij
13/03/2009, 12:22 PM
So Creevy Midfield / Striker

and Murphy at Wexford.

Then the last issue, how can I have 100% sure who had yellow cards in the UCD - Limerick games?

I cannot find official things anywhere.

And others can't make 100% the guys that had yellow on UCD and Limerick side.

pineapple stu
13/03/2009, 1:03 PM
Then the last issue, how can I have 100% sure who had yellow cards in the UCD - Limerick games?
You can't.

McMahon was booked for us in injury time though.

IJsbrandij
13/03/2009, 2:03 PM
I just called Monaghan and they could tell me all (none) yellows. Is there a telephonenumber of the UCD secretary or so?

Mcmahon is in now, but still not the rest - it's our only match pending :(

http://development.nl.soccerway.com/matches/2009/03/06/ireland-republic/division-1/university-college-dublin-football-club/limerick-37/753446/

pineapple stu
13/03/2009, 2:10 PM
No-one else was booked for us.

Our club secretary wouldn't know who was booked. He barely knows who played. And obviously he wouldn't know about Limerick's bookings.

Schumi
13/03/2009, 3:12 PM
The FAI must keep track of this sort of thing. They can be a bit unreliable cant answering emails but it'd be worth a shot.