PDA

View Full Version : New Season expectations

Rovers Maniac
06/03/2009, 3:55 PM
Bloody excited now can't wait, To think we were considered potential dark horses. I think we have some real quality in the team ok we lost quality as well in Seamie. However i think our lads gained a lot of confidence from the run in last season. Most teams are considerbly weaker i am not sure if we are, if we are its not by much. We have some really good players and i would not fear anybody esp coming to the Showgrounds. Expectations for me would be a good show in one of the cups and top 3 in the league, if we can stay injury free. views (From our lads only) ?

Rovers1
06/03/2009, 4:07 PM
I think alot depends on how Holmes, Parkhouse and Keane gel in. We'll take a while to get to full steam, but i think if things go well, we'll be just as good as last year. I think in Morrison's case, he should take very little time to gel in, he'll be massive for us this season. The first 9 games will tell it all i suppose.

prodsc
06/03/2009, 8:57 PM
Jim O'Hehir in the Irish Mirror has us as down for Relegation play offs with Bray W. Galway U. to be relegated.

Will be looking out for him this Season!!

Newsnight 106 doing a best of the week on a Friday - 1st day of Season with 4 games goin on- was watchin the tv to figure exactly what was goin on. Did hear latest a while ago but have put results to bed thanks to another station /page - aren't they SPONSORS??

ps they didn't update before end of show.

Well Red
06/03/2009, 10:34 PM
I think we will have a solid season if we can stay clear of too many injuries with a lean squad. If things do not go well for a few games, we need to really get behind the team but obviously part of the game is having an opinion, otherwise the whole exercise would be a waste of time. The trap we do not want to fall into is to start giving players stick before they have a chance to settle into a new system as many a great player had a poor start to their career. Come on you Reds.