PDA

View Full Version : What a Sad Day.....

ramblers
06/03/2009, 12:13 PM
I was looking at the fixture list for the weekend and I suppose it finaly hit home that we are not part of the league.

While every year you always look forward to the first game of the season the anticipation the new signings etc and the new hope that this season will be better then last.

This year just the empty feeling when I see mervue or Kildare that is where the rams should be. Its a strange feeling like something is missing.

I hope the issues and finance can be resolved so there is only one season of this because the longer we are out of the league the harder it will be to get back!!

Cici900
06/03/2009, 3:35 PM
Really is sad. :( This time last year we were full of hope. Now were full of despair. Don't have any optimism for the future. Think its time to walk away:( As no hope of ever getting agreement between the members off-field.

:mad:

Sunny Jim
06/03/2009, 5:26 PM
I really feel for ye lads. If you can get it together this year though, there's no reason why you can't be back where you belong this time next year. I just hope it's not at our expense.

MainManRam
06/03/2009, 5:58 PM
It really is sad lads. We will have to go and watch City now if we want to watch LOI football. Last year was great and at least we got to see top division football at Colmans before they put a lock on the gate:(;):mad:

marty
06/03/2009, 6:02 PM
Its truly terrible to say the least no buzz about the town,the first time in ages Cobh doesnt have a team at a national level,fxxk this a league tripe we have to live with the awful truth the chairman is going to be here for another full year my input to the club is gone its just so shamefull he cant see how many people hes affecting

Realramsfan
06/03/2009, 7:12 PM
:(Agree with you totally MARTY,i know its been said before but it really is time for everyone to forget about their hidden agendas and lies and finding someone else to blame,and if they are true rams fans like they say,then we can get our club back into LOI football instead of glorified MSL within the next year:ball:

marty
06/03/2009, 7:37 PM
Its easier said than done I and many others just wont pay into such a corrupt system,its going to get worse before it gets better.I know for sure there are people within this town who will give to this club but not without this dictator out of the way.Post after post is going to be about pulling together etc but I know it wont happen,we are in a league with teams that have whole countys supporting them and we just cant compete with a small town and a board of mediocre "pull alongs"

Life Member
06/03/2009, 9:52 PM
I have been a member for over 35yrs and it is very sad to see the club the way it is.
The Club can't be let die. We must find a solution.

don ramo
06/03/2009, 11:20 PM
sad sad day lads, but look at it this way, some people in the club are happy:confused::mad:

Inside Out
06/03/2009, 11:33 PM
Lads it is a very sad day but just thinking about it there might be 3or 4 groups within the club that can,t agree with something but I think all agree that they want the so called Chairman out.Why don,t each group select a representative before the AGM and at least they can start their meeting with something in common.Who knows they might progress further and at least when it comes to the AGM there might be somethings everyone has in common.Forget about that he has anoher year left and if there is enough people stand up together and tell him to his face at the AGM this surely will bring home the message and if god is good he should resign and the club is then only going one way and that is UP

Life Member
06/03/2009, 11:39 PM
Its easier said than done I and many others just wont pay into such a corrupt system,its going to get worse before it gets better.I know for sure there are people within this town who will give to this club but not without this dictator out of the way.Post after post is going to be about pulling together etc but I know it wont happen,we are in a league with teams that have whole countys supporting them and we just cant compete with a small town and a board of mediocre "pull alongs"

I agree but lets focus on what needs to be done. If you are faced with an immovable object you go around it.

If there are people that want to give but are not happy with the present set up then we must give them a way.

If an investor wanted to take over the football side of the club the membership would consider it and if the conditions were right then it would be done.
So what if the members formed a group(investor) and put a proposal at the AGM to take over the running of the team and all the income streams associated. The experience to run a successful football club is there among the members.The people you say want to give would do so. I know I would and several more.
That would be the first step. Just a suggestion for debate.

julia
07/03/2009, 7:41 AM
When the chairman took over he said that he was going to unite the Club and restore it to what it was,a family Club where the children and parents could enjoy the games and a pint and some friendly banter.Can he honestly say that he has done this.Well my friends he has failed miserably and the sad thing is that all he succeeded in doing was to make things worse.For the sake of the Club please barry take a reality check.:eek:

madblaa
07/03/2009, 2:17 PM
I hope you're back up soon, we'll miss the trips down to Cobh, just make sure you do well in the A championship and we'll see you (if we don't go up that is!) next year!

pcplod
07/03/2009, 4:21 PM
I hope you're back up soon, we'll miss the trips down to Cobh, just make sure you do well in the A championship and we'll see you (if we don't go up that is!) next year!

Theres optimism if I ever heard it :D
Hopefully we will be back some ay soon.

Realramsfan
07/03/2009, 6:40 PM
the only thing the chairman did was drive this club into the situation we are in today.how many meetings were we at when all he told us was blatent lies.he kept telling anybody that opposed him that his way was the way foreward and that was the only route the club was going,and all they wanted was to go back to the MSL.It is him and his dummies that are afraid of him got us into this mess and he wont let anyone help him to get out .that is a load of crap and we are bigger fools for letting it happen .he has no option but to step down and leave someone who is capable of running the club do so,before the gates are locked for good

don ramo
07/03/2009, 7:41 PM
question to the 90% of idiots that have poped up the last week, (obviously theres only one person), why dont ye come up with something constructive, instead of this consistent whingeing and crying like the chairman stole your favourite toy,

why dont you actually read one of my posts and take in what im saying, rather that bury your thick skulls in the sand,

the chairman is legally the chairman for another year, the chairman has one madate, and thats to chair boards meetings, its the board and commitee that gave him the power, the laws of the club havent changed and the board and commitee can take that power and use it, all you need is a new commitee,

and the other bull**** about the condidates not being quailified, its (was) probably one of THE most quailified one ive seen in years, and all the morons and idiots who hide behind your usernames here, have the cheek to come here and question there qualifications, whats yers,

i really think this, and the other forum should be shut down, till a time when football can be discussed

William O Connor

rambler14
07/03/2009, 10:22 PM
William O Connor

Dr. William O'Connor MBE!:D

pcplod
07/03/2009, 11:32 PM
question to the 90% of idiots that have poped up the last week, (obviously theres only one person), why dont ye come up with something constructive, instead of this consistent whingeing and crying like the chairman stole your favourite toy,

why dont you actually read one of my posts and take in what im saying, rather that bury your thick skulls in the sand,

the chairman is legally the chairman for another year, the chairman has one madate, and thats to chair boards meetings, its the board and commitee that gave him the power, the laws of the club havent changed and the board and commitee can take that power and use it, all you need is a new commitee,

and the other bull**** about the condidates not being quailified, its (was) probably one of THE most quailified one ive seen in years, and all the morons and idiots who hide behind your usernames here, have the cheek to come here and question there qualifications, whats yers,

i really think this, and the other forum should be shut down, till a time when football can be discussed

William O Connor

I couldnt agree with you more DR.

luka
08/03/2009, 1:30 AM
No point blaming the forums DR. Rather, I think it's the forum users you should be blaming as some can't resist to putting the boot into anything club related these days. Forums are a powerful thing though and can certainly assist in swinging opinion in one direction or another. We've all been witness to that in the past but the comment about shutting down forums is silly to be honest. Like I say, if fingers need pointing then point them at the forums users as after all they are the people posting. Anyway, tis all R14's fault the club is in this mess :p

I wouldn't take much notice of all our new 'friends' here over the past week. They'll all disappear again soon.

don ramo
08/03/2009, 2:02 AM
No point blaming the forums DR. Rather, I think it's the forum users you should be blaming as some can't resist to putting the boot into anything club related these days. Forums are a powerful thing though and can certainly assist in swinging opinion in one direction or another. We've all been witness to that in the past but the comment about shutting down forums is silly to be honest. Like I say, if fingers need pointing then point them at the forums users as after all they are the people posting. Anyway, tis all R14's fault the club is in this mess :p

I wouldn't take much notice of all our new 'friends' here over the past week. They'll all disappear again soon.

re-read it again, i said shut till were able to discuss football matters on the football forums,

this forums have been anything but football forums for quiet some time, i thought that was changing there a few weeks ago when a few footballing topics were bought up, but twas not to be

disillusioned
10/03/2009, 4:59 PM
sad to see ye not on mns last night,

NewChairman
30/03/2009, 8:58 PM
as i read all of these comments i cant find anything but hurt and disgust in all of these comments,we as ramblers have to pick up the broken pieces and repair what has been damaged,history has a habit of repeating itself and if so ramblers will be back better and stronger,but first imo we need to stop fighting and back stabbing each other and work for a better time ahead.i dont care who has an agenda as long as it betters ramblers without division of people.i say divided we fall but united we conquer,so enough of the childish behaviour with certain groups,we are all in this for one thing and thats to save ramblers,and make it a better place for all,