PDA

View Full Version : A.G.M

roversman
06/03/2009, 11:38 AM
any word what happened at the agm last night

Redzer
06/03/2009, 5:22 PM
big thing was the loss for last season was 180K. This year it is just 24K and but for the money we owed to revenue we would have made a profit.
d. brannagan has stepped down as has mccloat and someone else from the MC. 2 new guys adopted to the MC. up to 5 more newbies in the next few weeks.
Running costs was up from 850K in 07 to over a million in 08. budget for 09 around the same as 08.
For euro footie in the Showgrounds we need 400 extra seats as well as a new press box , tar walkways and a number of health and safety issues. No funding available so it looks like another major fundraiser if we are to see european football at home.
Overall it was a good meeting. If i think of anything else i will post.

thesilverfox
06/03/2009, 5:41 PM
from what i heard, branigan will be taking over a the new kit man.

roversman
06/03/2009, 5:50 PM
leave micky robinsons job alone

dong
06/03/2009, 6:58 PM
Thanks for that.
Interesting about the improvements required for Europe. Would be great to get the games in the showgrounds. Money required for all this work? I'd guess in the region of two hundred grand.
What is the story with funding? Did Cork get funding to develop Turner's cross or was it all private cash? If they did, then why not Rovers? I'm sure the old "Recession" card will be played anyways so probably no point broaching the subject.

srfc1928
06/03/2009, 7:38 PM
For euro footie in the Showgrounds we need 400 extra seats

How many seats did the fai put into drogheda again ?

sligoman
06/03/2009, 7:45 PM
How many seats did the fai put into drogheda again ?1200 I think. FAI own United Park though.

Inside Man
07/03/2009, 10:54 AM
I'm sure something could be looked into for getting a temporary stand behind the Shed end. Could get one similiar to Pats. If the club go about their business right and inquire they will never know. Surely the most obvious thing to do would be to get in touch with clubs like Pats, Kildare, Wexford, etc all who have temporary seating, and go from there.
I'd say the Jinks stand would need major improvements as well though.

mint sauce
07/03/2009, 3:41 PM
in relation to the 400 seats, does that also apply to the qualifiers. as for the taring of the gound, i thought there was some agreement with the local council, that they would contribute towards it, on the condition they could use it for overflow parking for so many years

:confused:

Rovers1
07/03/2009, 3:51 PM
in relation to the 400 seats, does that also apply to the qualifiers. as for the taring of the gound, i thought there was some agreement with the local council, that they would contribute towards it, on the condition they could use it for overflow parking for so many years

:confused:

going slightly off topic, but none the less relevant. (whatever that means?:confused:) It was announced on Ocean yesterday that the "Showgrounds car park was only available to officials and SR player". They never specified whether it was the Astro Turf car park or the car park beyond the main gates.

Inside Man
08/03/2009, 8:19 AM
going slightly off topic, but none the less relevant. (whatever that means?:confused:) It was announced on Ocean yesterday that the "Showgrounds car park was only available to officials and SR player". They never specified whether it was the Astro Turf car park or the car park beyond the main gates.
For the Matches.

As regard the Tarring as far as i know it will not be tarred. The council will be doing some work on it yes, and some work on tidying up the place but they will not be tarring it as far as i know as this is very expensive.
The club would want to get their boots on regarding these upgrades, in fact they should have got their boot on a long time ago.

Knappagh Red
08/03/2009, 10:41 AM

As regard the Tarring as far as i know it will not be tarred. The council will be doing some work on it yes, and some work on tidying up the place but they will not be tarring it as far as i know as this is very expensive.

Wrong again, you really should change that username of yours

showgies
08/03/2009, 10:55 AM
As far as I am led to believe the Borough Council are tarring the section beside the all weather. I have driven by a few times and it looks like they already have worked on the first surface, drainage and lighting.

red bellied
08/03/2009, 3:00 PM
They are digging holes in the car park area,two lads working there last week. Cant see European games been held in the Showgrounds, money isnt there for it. The entrance area still isnt finished, the walkway behind the new stand was like a swamp last night. The Showgrounds on a bad night hasnt really changed over the years, you are still up to your ankles in muck.

Boo_Boy
08/03/2009, 4:07 PM
Ye a few guys from Tyrone are up here doing works on some streets in Town for the council, tarred my drive a few weeks back and they said they were doing the Showgies too.

Guts&Glory
08/03/2009, 5:27 PM
For the Matches.

The club would want to get their boots on regarding these upgrades, in fact they should have got their boot on a long time ago.

As has been known for some time Inside Man the council will have it tarred, spaces marked out, with appropriate lighting put in also as it will be used as one of the overflow/town car parks when the Treasury Holdings redevlopment of wine street Car Park/Tesco Car Park kicks off.

As for the 400 seats they can be temporary seats in the earlier rounds of the Europa Cup.

Redie
09/03/2009, 10:27 AM

Where exactly are you inside

Inside Man
11/03/2009, 12:43 PM
Wrong again, you really should change that username of yours
:confused: Indeed they will be tarring the carpark. I was talking about around the entrance and behind the red stand and the pathways around the pitch. Sorry if you misunderstood my friend.

sligoman
11/03/2009, 2:22 PM
:confused: Indeed they will be tarring the carpark. I was talking about around the entrance and behind the red stand and the pathways around the pitch. Sorry if you misunderstood my friend.Even though the post you had quoted was in relation to the car park?:rolleyes: Nice try.

red bellied
12/03/2009, 6:13 PM
http://www.sligochampion.ie/sport/soccer/showgrounds-to-get-new-2000-seater-stand-1671187.html

Sligo Rovers have prepared a five-year plan for the future development of the Showgrounds, including the provision of a 2,000 seater stand, with gymnasium and hospitality/ seminar rooms on the Jink's Avenue side of the ground.

Premliminary details of the plan were outlined at the Annual General Meeting at the Clarion Hotel and a special meeting of shareholders on May 21st next will be asked to 'rubber stamp' the proposals.

The club also intends to apply for planning permission for the developments, which also include a Footsall area adjacent to the all-weather pitch, and grass mini-pitches behind the Station end goals, as soon as possible, in order to be in a position to draw down capital funding when it becomes available to clubs.

sligoman
12/03/2009, 7:03 PM
I'd be really shocked if all that was done within the next five years.

Inside Man
12/03/2009, 10:01 PM
Upgrades to the tune of 12k needed to have the ground for europe. Extra 400 seats to be installed costing 30euro each. The club will be pursuing this very soon as the FAI came down and outlined what is needed and gave a deadline for the Uefa 'B' licence to be obtained.
The club are also asking for people to help tidy up the ground eg. Painting, etc. This is all what is needed to get the club its licence Im told.

Regarding the new 2,000 seater stand and facilities I would be confident this will go ahead.

Fivesilver
13/03/2009, 11:28 AM
Extra 400 seats to be installed costing 30euro each...
The club are also asking for people to help tidy up the ground eg. Painting, etc.

Can't get to Sligo to help with the tidying up, but I'll pay for a seat or two to be installed. I presume you can just call the Showgies to set up something like that?

Jeebus
13/03/2009, 11:37 AM
Can't get to Sligo to help with the tidying up, but I'll pay for a seat or two to be installed. I presume you can just call the Showgies to set up something like that?

I'd imagine you are one step ahead of the club on that idea!!

Rovers Maniac
13/03/2009, 11:40 AM
Good idea, i think sponsoring a seat.

redobit
16/03/2009, 9:12 AM
I'd be really shocked if all that was done within the next five years.

Maybe, maybe not. I suppose the good thing is the fact that there is a plan, which is a step in the right direction.

Inside Man
17/03/2009, 7:15 PM
Supposed to be a member of the DSC but i forget the name i heard. Was his second name Kelly? Good luck to whoever gets it.

lifelong rover
17/03/2009, 9:07 PM
Is the new chairman Dr Dermot Kelly, if so a great move.
any other names of the new board

dong
17/03/2009, 9:24 PM
Who is Dr Dermot Kelly? :confused:

red bellied
18/03/2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story/?trs=mhqlqlkfau&cat=news

Front page of the Weekender

A MEMBER of the Sligo Rovers Dublin supporters club has emerged as the front runner to be the new chairman of the club.

A meeting is to be held on Thursday or Friday night to select a replacement for outgoing chairman Michael Toolan, who is stepping down after five years.

While it will come down to who is proposed and seconded and gets the votes on the night, the name most talked about at the moment is Dr Dermot Kelly, a very active member of the Dublin supporters, who has raised a lot of money for the club in recent years.

Michael Toolan announced his decision to step down at a recent annual general meeting. He said: “As far as I am concerned I will not be taking on the job again. It’s time for someone else to take it up. It should be a rolling position with no one person staying on too long.”

Inside Man
19/03/2009, 9:31 PM
Meeting of Board members happened tonight. Vincint Nally was appointed 'Financial Controller' of the club. Jonny Chadda fund was launched also.

sligoman
19/03/2009, 9:33 PM
So still no chairman appointed?

Rory H
19/03/2009, 9:52 PM
www.sligorovers.com

Red&White Rover
19/03/2009, 10:02 PM
Best of luck:)

redobit
20/03/2009, 8:39 AM
It dosent say anything about a new PRO?