PDA

View Full Version : Athlone snap up goalkeeper O'Reilly

A face
05/03/2009, 8:30 AM
Athlone snap up goalkeeper O'Reilly

Former Ireland underage international goalkeeper Alex O'Reilly has agreed terms to play for League of Ireland First Division side Athlone Town. However, O'Reilly activities have not been confined to the field of play, as he recently featured on Sky One's 'Dream Team' show where he played the part of Harchester United goalkeeper Alex O'Mare.

London-born O'Reilly has previously been on the books of West Ham United, Northampton and Bristol Rovers before dropping into non-league football in England. O'Reilly was also a member of Brian Kerr's 1998 Under-18 European champions in Cyprus, saving a penalty during the shoot-out against Germany in the final.

Read more at www.rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0304/athlone.html)

Umberside
16/03/2009, 9:52 AM
Athlone snap up goalkeeper O'Reilly

Former Ireland underage international goalkeeper Alex O'Reilly has agreed terms to play for League of Ireland First Division side Athlone Town. However, O'Reilly activities have not been confined to the field of play, as he recently featured on Sky One's 'Dream Team' show where he played the part of Harchester United goalkeeper Alex O'Mare.

London-born O'Reilly has previously been on the books of West Ham United, Northampton and Bristol Rovers before dropping into non-league football in England. O'Reilly was also a member of Brian Kerr's 1998 Under-18 European champions in Cyprus, saving a penalty during the shoot-out against Germany in the final.

Read more at www.rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0304/athlone.html)

According to the Athlone Town website the deal couldn't go ahead because he did not get international clearance.

Instead they signed Aaron Shanahan.

Martinho II
04/07/2009, 6:36 PM
see that my favourite player made his debut last night for athlone. how did he play and when do I get my cut from the transfer deal??;)

Splurge
05/07/2009, 9:17 PM
see that my favourite player made his debut last night for athlone. how did he play and when do I get my cut from the transfer deal??;)

He looked very good, not that he had a whole lot to do, hadnt a hope for the goal. It tought his kicking was suspect, seemed like he didnt want to kick it but he did some decent clearences in the 2nd half.

Martinho II
06/07/2009, 8:07 PM
He looked very good, not that he had a whole lot to do, hadnt a hope for the goal. It tought his kicking was suspect, seemed like he didnt want to kick it but he did some decent clearences in the 2nd half.

cheers. will be able to suss him out when we play in athlone saturday night. we had a new goalie playin too..