PDA

View Full Version : Doolin regrets UCD relegation

pineapple stu
02/12/2003, 12:52 PM
From soccercentral.ie -

Drogheda boss Paul Doolin expressed his thoughts for his former club UCD as that were relegated to the First Division but reckons his current side will need to be strengthened to survive in the Premier Division next season.

"I am pleased that we avoided the drop and we were safe coming into this game. We have done well to stay afloat in the premier division but I am a little sorry to see my old club, UCD go down. It's a pity for them but I know they will bounce right back. It was a very competitive 10-team league this year.

"I was glad that things were not left in the melting pot right up to the end and, like Cork, we could all relax a bit here today. The result was not that vital to be honest.

Paying tribute to Pat Dolan's Cork he said: "I felt Cork played well today, they were strong looking in key areas and we did not match them.

"We had a few chances fine but I honestly think we conceded a goal when we were enjoying our best spell.

"We changed it to 3-5-2 and we done alright but the main thing is that we have stayed in the top flight and hopefully we can build on this for next year.

"We have to strengthen the squad for a start.... no doubt about that but I think all bar three or four of the players are out of contract now.

"There's plenty work to be done and, just like Pat Dolan, the work starts here for next season."

John83
02/12/2003, 2:41 PM
He didn't seem at all sorry before, did he?

Schumi
02/12/2003, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
I am a little sorry to see my old club, UCD go down. Pity he didn't do anything about it when he was here. :mad:

UCD_4_Life
02/12/2003, 7:14 PM
How rude!

Well, I certainly hope someone stabs him in the eye.