PDA

View Full Version : Shams away - Tickets

Pages : [1] 2

akearins
02/03/2009, 2:10 PM
Heard there will be an allocation of 150 (5% ground capacity) tickets for the Shams game

celticV3
02/03/2009, 2:13 PM
Any idea how the tickets are going to be distributed among the rovers fans? Hopefully the event junkies won't get their hands on any.

Red&White Rover
02/03/2009, 2:21 PM
Gonna be awful hard to get some I'd say.

akearins
02/03/2009, 2:22 PM
No idea.Personally i would love to get one but would like to see the lads who travelled all over the country last season get them first.

If up to me I'd set aside 50 for Forza, they will bring colour and noise to the game, which will be televised, and with all their flags 50 would look more like 100.It would be good promotion for the club if they were there.

After that simply a lottery, get in line and put your name down at Saturdays game.Its the fairest way.You have to go to the showgrounds to be in with a chance for a ticket.
Draw them out at the game, announce winners and call to office after to confirm.

If seen to be unfair with the distribution of tickets it may have longer consequences on the season for us.If fans think they were not given a fair chance.....well you can guess the rest.

be seen to be fair and it will onlky benefit the club.....

Thats my tuoence worth anyway

Redzer
02/03/2009, 4:36 PM
get in line and put your name down at Saturdays game.Its the fairest way.You have to go to the showgrounds to be in with a chance for a ticket.
Draw them out at the game, announce winners and call to office after to confirm.
Alan, where did you hear this was the way? Nothing on official site.

forza rovers
02/03/2009, 4:43 PM
No idea.Personally i would love to get one but would like to see the lads who travelled all over the country last season get them first.

If up to me I'd set aside 50 for Forza, they will bring colour and noise to the game, which will be televised, and with all their flags 50 would look more like 100.It would be good promotion for the club if they were there.

Alan, where did you hear this was the way? Nothing on official site.his opinion

dong
02/03/2009, 7:31 PM
Agree with Alan about forza. Important to get as many of them in as possible.
A lot of people are going to be disappointed. I'm going to try to get my hands on a couple up here in case no luck in the draw at the weekend. :(

srfc1928
02/03/2009, 7:38 PM

After that simply a lottery, get in line and put your name down at Saturdays game.Its the fairest way.You have to go to the showgrounds to be in with a chance for a ticket.

If seen to be unfair with the distribution of tickets it may have longer consequences on the season for us.If fans think they were not given a fair chance.....well you can guess the rest.

be seen to be fair and it will onlky benefit the club.....

Im a Season Ticket holder for a no. of years
A 400 Club member and was at the last match in Glenmalure
i'd love to get a ticket.

But i wouldnt feel comfortable taking a ticket ahead of the Forza lads who travel to every game
i'd be happy to take my chances in a lottery

Sean South
02/03/2009, 8:37 PM
I'd give my right nut to be at this game :eek:

the rock n roll
02/03/2009, 8:41 PM
Im a Season Ticket holder for a no. of years
A 400 Club member and was at the last match in Glenmalure
i'd love to get a ticket.

But i wouldnt feel comfortable taking a ticket ahead of the Forza lads who travel to every game
i'd be happy to take my chances in a lottery
Around how many tickets will Rovers get

the rock n roll
02/03/2009, 8:44 PM
I am hoping to go the match

Rory H
02/03/2009, 9:06 PM
most people on here are.

avvenalaf
02/03/2009, 9:23 PM

The game is in Tallaght. You may well give your right nut AT the game.

Rory H
02/03/2009, 9:33 PM
that was poor.....

Boo_Boy
02/03/2009, 9:41 PM

I'll give you my ticket for a left nut, i sold mine last summer to raise funds for the club during the 'crisis'.:(

Guts&Glory
02/03/2009, 9:43 PM
An open draw is fair to everyone interested in going but it will be interesting to see what the club do with the tickets.

The last thing you want is tickets going to the two matches a season brigade like the cup game and Bray at home last season.

Again it is up to the club to do the right thing..........

Rovers1
02/03/2009, 9:46 PM
to be honest, at the end of the day, the season ticket holders should get priority no matter what. I just hope to god the club dont give them to the suits and their friends. Would be disgusting if we went to Tallaght with no proper support.

MMVIII
02/03/2009, 9:52 PM
Gonna be a lot of unhappy faces here, no matter what way the ticket allocations are done. I'm just hoping and praying I can get a ticket.

the rock n roll
02/03/2009, 9:53 PM
to be honest, at the end of the day, the season ticket holders should get priority no matter what. I just hope to god the club dont give them to the suits and their friends. Would be disgusting if we went to Tallaght with no proper support.
I dont think that will hapen

Rovers fan
03/03/2009, 2:57 AM
I would just hope the tickets go to the people who deserve them but I'm afraid it won't work like that.

mypost
03/03/2009, 4:42 AM
Around how many tickets will Rovers get

2,850. :p

Obviously we would like to make more tickets available for away fans, but I'm sure you understand that we are left with little option but to limit it this time.

With the game on Friday night and on tv, it's doubtful whether Sligo fans would travel down in numbers anyway. The game in July should see a bigger capacity and a Saturday night ko should see a chance for increased away support.

avvenalaf
03/03/2009, 12:58 PM

A suit in Tallaght ?????????????

passinginterest
03/03/2009, 1:16 PM

It's expected when you're on the way to court :D

Rovers1
03/03/2009, 2:44 PM

ah ya see a few of them goin by on the LUAS, there not all dirty junkies;)

gustavo
03/03/2009, 11:08 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/712/1/

Sligo Rovers FC have received a small allocation of tickets for the Shamrock Rovers Vs Sligo Rovers game on Friday 13Th March the tickets will be distributed as follows-:A small number will be on sale to our players, the Dublin Supporters Club and The Bit O Red Supporters Trust.The remaining 100 tickets will be on sale on a first come first served basis on Monday March 9Th in the Showgrounds office at the main gate from 7-8pm.One ticket per person only no exceptions.

celticV3
03/03/2009, 11:48 PM
Could do this if you don't get a ticket (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7916361.stm)

Redzer
05/03/2009, 8:38 AM

A small number will be on sale to our players, the Dublin Supporters Club and The Bit O Red Supporters Trust.The remaining 100 tickets will be on sale on a first come first served basis

There are 3 other supporters groups, Forza Rovers, North Sligo and South Sligo. How come they are not been allocated a few tickets? Seems a bit unfair.

celticV3
05/03/2009, 11:14 AM
There are 3 other supporters groups, Forza Rovers, North Sligo and South Sligo. How come they are not been allocated a few tickets? Seems a bit unfair.
They didn't contact the club in time I would imagine. FR were going to ask for a small allocation of the tickets but the announcement was made and it would probably be unfair now to ask.

holidaysong
05/03/2009, 11:32 AM

Sligo Rovers FC have received a small allocation of tickets for the Shamrock Rovers Vs Sligo Rovers game on Friday 13Th March the tickets will be distributed as follows-:A small number will be on sale to our players, the Dublin Supporters Club and The Bit O Red Supporters Trust.The remaining 100 tickets will be on sale on a first come first served basis on Monday March 9Th in the Showgrounds office at the main gate from 7-8pm.One ticket per person only no exceptions.

Why the secrecy on how many there are in total?

Redzer
05/03/2009, 12:11 PM
They didn't contact the club in time I would imagine. FR were going to ask for a small allocation of the tickets but the announcement was made and it would probably be unfair now to ask.
I dont see it as been unfair. Ask for your allocation an ask why you were excluded in the first place.

Rovers1
05/03/2009, 12:38 PM

Dont think SSC and NSSC are that active anymore?:confused:

celticV3
05/03/2009, 12:48 PM
I dont see it as been unfair. Ask for your allocation an ask why you were excluded in the first place.
It's not that FR or any other supporters groups were excluded, it was more that other groups obviously contacted the club and were given an allocation. We along with other groups clearly did not contact the club in time and it would be slightly unfair for the club to renege tickets they have now said will be on sale.

If you want a ticket bad enough you'll be there at 4 like the rest of us:D

dublinred
05/03/2009, 1:15 PM
Pity they didn't include a ticket for the other Shams away match aswell and sell them as a package as this would sort out a lot of the event junkies , rarely see more than 150 at a Dublin game apart from the cup matchs . Maybe the club could auction a few tickets as well to the highest bidders would bring in a few quid as well.

Fivesilver
05/03/2009, 4:25 PM
Could do this if you don't get a ticket (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7916361.stm)

Turn my living-room into Tallaght? The landlord would have me arrested.

bomber82290
05/03/2009, 5:15 PM
All you need is a few cardboard boxes and a soup kitchen and your set up

Well Red
05/03/2009, 6:54 PM
Why the secrecy on how many there are in total?
Lets not start flinging arrows at our source of information before the season starts, we all know what we have to do to be in Tallagh on the night. Most important thing from now until the end of the season is to give our 100% support to the real Rovers and slag the opposition as much as you can.

Guts&Glory
05/03/2009, 9:39 PM
Any news if the BORST or others are thinking of organising a Hotel or Pub get together for fans who cant get to Dublin, say Eur 10 a person to get in enjoy the match, bit of banter and bit of grub??

Would there be enough interest given so many seem to want to go.

Next best thing to being there and possibly raise a few quid!!!!

red_away
06/03/2009, 9:40 AM
It may be worth a try getting to the ground early if you dont have a ticket and see if there is any around....from my experience of these sort of fixtures..."where there is a will there is a way!"

Rovers1
08/03/2009, 9:21 PM
How are the Supporters Trust distributing their allocation of tickets? Members is it?

Naked mud wrestling

brianw82
09/03/2009, 6:47 AM
Ticket touts outside a LOI game? Could it happen?

red_away
09/03/2009, 11:39 AM

yes - you have to pay over the odds to get out of the ground!

micls
09/03/2009, 12:37 PM

Wouldn't be the first time.

dublinred
09/03/2009, 10:23 PM

Did everyone get sorted?

sligoman
09/03/2009, 10:28 PM
Did everyone get sorted?There was only about 50 people queueing so I'd say whoever wanted one, got one.

Dodge
09/03/2009, 10:33 PM
Tickets still on ale via shamrock rovers if any of your dublin crowd haven't got sorted

MickNolan
09/03/2009, 10:37 PM
Tickets still on ale via shamrock rovers if any of your dublin crowd haven't got sorted

Very little though and you HAVE to buy a bundle of Sligo and Derry.

Dodge
09/03/2009, 10:46 PM
Very little though and you HAVE to buy a bundle of Sligo and Derry.

Didn't realise the budle thingy. Apologies so

blackholesun
10/03/2009, 11:43 AM
Didn't realise the budle thingy. Apologies so

Bundle will apply to next two games too ... Pats and Cork, so Pats fans who want to get in better get your sleeping bags out for a night on Emmet Rd to get one of the 150 tickets Pats will be allocated.

:)

bhs

Rory H
10/03/2009, 8:10 PM
I take it everyone who wanted one, got one?

sligo23
10/03/2009, 9:08 PM
I take it everyone who wanted one, got one?
no..:(