PDA

View Full Version : Ireland to play Australia in Thomond Park.

NeilMcD
02/03/2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4066

osarusan
02/03/2009, 11:51 AM
The Football Association of Ireland and Thomond Park Stadium today (March 2) announced that they have reached an agreement to hold a football game for the first time in the redeveloped Limerick stadium. The Republic of Ireland senior team will play Australia on August 12 at the 26,000 capacity venue.

Excellent.

What is the story with block booked tickets? Are they valid for this game? If so, how many tickets are block-booked?

I'm just wondering just how many tickets will be available for the game.

DeLorean
02/03/2009, 11:51 AM
Tickets could be tricky for this one I'd imagine?

ifk101
02/03/2009, 11:56 AM
Good news.

Claret Murph
02/03/2009, 11:56 AM
The boys in green come out Weessssst , can't wait but you have to feel sorry for the Dubs with the long trek out to Munster ;););)

tetsujin1979
02/03/2009, 12:28 PM
Very happy with the opposition here, thought it would be one of the lower ranked teams, Australia are currently 27th in the world.

magnumpi
02/03/2009, 12:49 PM
yeah, i think it's good thinking by the FAI all round here, a good competetive fixture before the cyprus game.

will this be a "one-off" friendly at thomond? although all our qualifiers should be at the new lansdowne, i think it would be good to play our friendlies elsewhere.

Dodge
02/03/2009, 12:52 PM
Fair few aussies in Ireland too. Super turn out from them at a friendly in Lansdowne a fews years ago (one of the few games I actually attended)

elroy
02/03/2009, 1:01 PM
Capacity of 26.5k, should easily sell out, presumably tickets wont be at CP levels. Good bit of work by the FAI.

Green Tribe
02/03/2009, 1:41 PM
bring it on, nice to have it just over an hour down the road for a change :D :D

gspain
02/03/2009, 1:58 PM
Well only 16,000 attended the rugby International v Canada. I would hav ethought that game would have sold out.

I would expect a football international in Limerick to sellout but I doubt if tickets will be a huge problem.

I'd imagine block bookers will get a chance to buy tickets but without an obligation to do so.

Great boost for Limerick. Nice to see the first ever International at senior level there.

Dodge
02/03/2009, 2:04 PM
It would be hilarious if someone like gspain missed this game. Goes all over the world watching u21s and youth teams and misses a senior game in his home town.

No offence like g...

Claret Murph
02/03/2009, 2:24 PM
bring it on, nice to have it just over an hour down the road for a change :D :D

I would say it will take you an hour just to get out of Galway Green Tribe;)

joe_barry80
02/03/2009, 4:29 PM
yeah, i think it's good thinking by the FAI all round here, a good competetive fixture before the cyprus game.

will this be a "one-off" friendly at thomond? although all our qualifiers should be at the new lansdowne, i think it would be good to play our friendlies elsewhere.

It says at the end of the paragraph that a second game is pencilled in for Thomand park

briancool21
02/03/2009, 9:47 PM
Ne 1 know where to go to get tickets for this or when they'll go on sale???

tetsujin1979
02/03/2009, 11:26 PM
Ne 1 know where to go to get tickets for this or when they'll go on sale???

from the link above

Ticket and event information will be made available closer to the match date on both www.fai.ie and www.thomondpark.ie

gspain
03/03/2009, 7:16 AM
It would be hilarious if someone like gspain missed this game. Goes all over the world watching u21s and youth teams and misses a senior game in his home town.

No offence like g...

Maybe but I doubt I will miss it.

I'm not in the least worried about not getting in. BBers will surely have first priority and I'll manage a ticket all right.

No offence taken.

jmurphyc
03/03/2009, 9:59 AM
Great news. I'd imagine it will be a cracking atmosphere too. Now just the trouble of getting a ticket...

Dodge
03/03/2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe but I doubt I will miss it.

I'm not in the least worried about not getting in. BBers will surely have first priority and I'll manage a ticket all right.

No offence taken.

For the record I wasn't hoping you'd miss it.

Enjoy the games in Limerick while they're there...

Wolfie
03/03/2009, 12:19 PM
Capacity of 26.5k, should easily sell out, presumably tickets wont be at CP levels. Good bit of work by the FAI.

We'll have played Bulgaria twice and Italy between now and then.

I wonder what the group table will read like in August...................

Newryrep
03/03/2009, 1:18 PM

Aviva wont have paid 50 million so friendlies could be played elsewhere

gspain
03/03/2009, 1:54 PM
For the record I wasn't hoping you'd miss it.

Enjoy the games in Limerick while they're there...

no problem and no offence taken.

Pike B
04/03/2009, 4:17 PM
Anyone selling tickets please PM me with info. I'm after 4.