PDA

View Full Version : First eleven

Angus
01/03/2009, 6:29 PM
Haven't seen any friendlies this year and have struggled to keep with all of the ins and outs.

Whats our first XI ?

pineapple stu
01/03/2009, 6:50 PM
The Bray game is the only game I've gotten a line up for so far -

Barron, Harding, Timmons, Connaughton, Doyle, Bolger, Ward, Finn, Kilduff, Mulhall, Reilly. Subs Brennan, Nangle, Kelly, O'Connor, Daly

The McMillans were missing, along with anyone else who was at the Collingwood.

DmanDmythDledge
02/03/2009, 6:59 PM
(Haven't actually been to any game, just basing this mainly on our line-ups to date)

Ger Barron looks likely to be our no.1 this season. Sean Harding seems to have secured the right back slot.

Centre mid looks very good. Finn and Bolger will be two of the best in the division. Neither are defensive minded players though, which could be a problem.

Keith Ward and John Reilly have been starting on the wings. Never seen Ward play but Reilly should be pretty decent for the First Division.

Kilduff and Mulhall upfront. Mulhall was a very promising youngster before injuries stopped his progress. Former Ireland U18 international. Kilduff did alright enough last season in the First.

Pretty clueless about the rest but McMillan has to start and has to be captain as far as I'm concerned. Is Timmons a full back or centre back?

Barron

Harding McMillan AN OTHER AN OTHER

Ward Bolger Finn Reilly

Mulhall Kilduff

HarpoJoyce
02/03/2009, 7:40 PM
(Haven't actually been to any game, just basing this mainly on our line-ups to date)

Ger Barron looks likely to be our no.1 this season. Sean Harding seems to have secured the right back slot.

Centre mid looks very good. Finn and Bolger will be two of the best in the division. Neither are defensive minded players though, which could be a problem.

Keith Ward and John Reilly have been starting on the wings. Never seen Ward play but Reilly should be pretty decent for the First Division.

Kilduff and Mulhall upfront. Mulhall was a very promising youngster before injuries stopped his progress. Former Ireland U18 international. Kilduff did alright enough last season in the First.

Pretty clueless about the rest but McMillan has to start and has to be captain as far as I'm concerned. Is Timmons a full back or centre back?

Barron

Ward Bolger Finn Reilly

Mulhall Kilduff

That's a good surmation. I think Billy Brennan will get in ahead of Ger. And the two McMillans (David and Evan) will spend some time on the pitch together.
I cant remember James Timmons best position. It could be left wing for all I know. He was left-back v. Galway.
I dont know the position with Niall Daly who played v. Bray.
Is he still with the Intermediates?

John83
02/03/2009, 8:21 PM
I think Billy Brennan will get in ahead of Ger.
Interesting. I'd heard the opposite. Nice to have some healthy competition there.

HarpoJoyce
02/03/2009, 8:26 PM
Interesting. I'd heard the opposite. Nice to have some healthy competition there.

You're right they are similar in experience and talent.
Where did you hear Ger was ahead of Billy?

John83
02/03/2009, 8:30 PM
Where did you hear Ger was ahead of Billy?
Pineapple Stu recounted it to me as the personal opinion of one of the club officials, I think. I won't name the official in public in case Billy were to hear of it and take offense.

Schumi
02/03/2009, 9:52 PM
Barron

Ward Bolger Finn Reilly

Mulhall KilduffThat's a decent looking team actually. I'd imagine Dave McMillan would be near enough too.

pineapple stu
03/03/2009, 9:04 AM
I think Billy Brennan will get in ahead of Ger.
What do you base that on? Ger's started the friendlies I have line ups for anyway. I think Ger v Billy will be a bit like Quigley v Gally.

Never seen Ward play
Imagine Fitz in non-headless chicken mode. Was man of the match in the A League final.

HarpoJoyce
03/03/2009, 4:11 PM
What do you base that on? Ger's started the friendlies I have line ups for anyway. I think Ger v Billy will be a bit like Quigley v Gally.

Do the lineups include the St. Pats game which you posted several times on the World Wide Web was cancelled.:rolleyes:

I base it simply on Billy Brennan was chosen ahead of Ger Barron for last year's A Championship win by Sommers (the UCD A Championship manager and not Martin Russell as the UCD website has it:rolleyes:). I know Ger got a run out during the Limerick game at Belfield.

In the two Friendlies I have seen, both played 45 minutes and Ger conceded three goals and Billy didn't concede any. (If you want comparisons like).

It isn't my decision.

Black and White
03/03/2009, 7:35 PM
Is Alan Mahon gone?

Poor Student
03/03/2009, 7:41 PM
Is Alan Mahon gone?

Retired apparently.

pineapple stu
03/03/2009, 7:49 PM
you can add Brian Shortall to the first XI. (Or not, depending on your personal opinion of him!) Think him and Evan would be a good First Division centre half pairing though. We have 28 players signed for the new season, which also more or less confirms our A team too.

colmanthesaint
03/03/2009, 9:26 PM
one to watch: John Dineen

Going to predict that he'll break into the first team by the end of the season!

Angus
04/03/2009, 7:33 AM
Retired apparently.

I see a 2 page special in STIG - the man the legend