PDA

View Full Version : Monaghan at home

longfordjames
01/03/2009, 5:03 PM
I'm expecting a win..Hopefully over 500 there to witness it..didnt go to any pre season game but lookng forward to seeing Derek Glynn..COME ON THE TOWN

Martinho II
01/03/2009, 7:06 PM
i wont be part of the 500 there. I booked a family get together next weekend in london a few mths ago so wont be able to make it.. i think we are going to lose at home as I think Mons are even stronger this coming season..:(

Tallanted
01/03/2009, 7:36 PM
not too sure what to make of 1st game.. I think mons have added alot of good players to the squad and will be very hard for us to beat.. Im not too optimistic but i really hope im wrong.. If we keep the ball on the floor for glynn then we could cause them serious problems but if we play it in the air we will struggle

Rocky77
01/03/2009, 7:54 PM
I saw Mons play Pats last Monday and they looked handy. Freer and McKenna are a good partnership up front and they've a guy, Barry something, on the left wing who's small but very dangerous.

Given we're at home I'd be disappointed if we didn't win but I'm taken nothing for granted here.

sorbothegreek
03/03/2009, 12:01 PM
Just to put it out there,

admission prices have been restructured for the upcoming season.

Adults -€10
Students - €8

I don't have exact details other than the above, but it's in a general effort to make the games a little more accessible considering crowds/financial climate etc.

Pauro 76
03/03/2009, 12:05 PM
A nice idea by the powers that be. 10 yo-yo is much more manageable in these tough times...

Martinho II
03/03/2009, 4:43 PM
I saw Mons play Pats last Monday and they looked handy. Freer and McKenna are a good partnership up front and they've a guy, Barry something, on the left wing who's small but very dangerous.

Given we're at home I'd be disappointed if we didn't win but I'm taken nothing for granted here.

is darren mckenna back at monaghan now rocky:confused:

Rocky77
03/03/2009, 5:07 PM
is darren mckenna back at monaghan now rocky:confused:

Well he was last Monday anyway!

Martinho II
03/03/2009, 5:09 PM
magicme will be delighted so:D.. wheres david lee this weather?:confused:

Magicme
04/03/2009, 8:47 AM
Only just been told that Darren is back with us. Fecking lack of communication about this place.

Told Longfordian last night that he wasnt!

Salmon Coloured
04/03/2009, 12:18 PM
How much are Season tickets to the Flansiro now if the admission was dropped to 10 Euro per game?

max power
04/03/2009, 12:22 PM
This is the official line but might be out of date

http://www.ltfc.ie/articles/season_ticket/

Martinho II
04/03/2009, 4:41 PM
season tickets are still priced at 150e

RonnieB
06/03/2009, 12:36 PM
Just over 29 hours to go.....

Magicme
06/03/2009, 9:49 PM
Am so excited I woke at 4.30 this morning and couldnt get back to sleep.

RonnieB
06/03/2009, 10:42 PM
Well that is truely amazing.

Magicme
06/03/2009, 11:01 PM
I know Ronnie, cant believe it myself.

Maz
06/03/2009, 11:08 PM
I'm getting off to a terrible start this season after all my talk, gonna miss the game beyond my powers but I'm sure someone will let me know

atfconline
07/03/2009, 1:28 PM
Is the game in any doubt with all the rain we've had so far today?

Longfordian
07/03/2009, 1:43 PM
Not raining too badly in Longford at the moment. A bit drizzly. We've had drainage work done on the pitch recently I believe so I'd say it'll be alright.

Pauro 76
07/03/2009, 6:45 PM
3-0 up! What the hell?

johnnyc299
07/03/2009, 9:39 PM
What where the goals like.....

Pauro 76
08/03/2009, 6:51 AM
3-3. whatever happened..

Ash
08/03/2009, 8:02 AM
3-3. whatever happened..

I happened!

Strolled into the Flansiro and it was 3-0, but then the former Town players
must have sensed a disturbance in the force and so they allowed the Magic
Mons to score 3.

Cracking free kick for the 2nd :D

Magicme
08/03/2009, 9:49 AM
Sean Brennan must practice free kicks with his brother Killian coz he takes them just as well as him.

Longfordian
08/03/2009, 1:32 PM
It was a bizarre game. We took our first three chances, some cracking finishes from Jinks and Glynn in particular. Then our defence and goalkeeper began to look like they'd never played together before, which they hadn't I suppose bar one half in pre-season. They were all over the shop and Mons were all over us,once it got to 3-2 I was fearing the worst. We settled down a bit when it got to 3-3 and were coming back at Mons but then somebody, I forget who, made a complete hash of clearing the ball and presented it to Darren McKenna who was clean through on goal. Brian McCarthy took him down just outside the penalty area and had to be sent off. It looked a definite goal though so he took one for the team as it were, that was in the last minute or so as well I think. Overall, we look like a team that'll score goals and concede goals. Derek Glynn looks like he'll bang them in so if we sort ourselves out at the back we might do relatively alright. Definite room for improvement but with it being basically a new team it'll take time to get a true picture.

Tallanted
08/03/2009, 2:08 PM
plenty of positives to take from it, dissappointin to lose 3 goal lead but monaghon were value for it, great game to be at

Keen2win
08/03/2009, 2:15 PM
I think this team will only get better as the season goes on.

I wasn't discouraged except a bit with the defense and goalie but that will sort itself out in the next few games.

There was a decent crowd I thought (500-600??) and hopefully they will all come back after an enjoyable game of football.

Longfordian
08/03/2009, 2:16 PM
Absolutely, €10 well spent. Crowd was ok too considering the weather. Hopefully they were entertained enough to come back next time.

hoop4life
08/03/2009, 4:02 PM
It was a bizarre game. We took our first three chances, some cracking finishes from Jinks and Glynn in particular. Then our defence and goalkeeper began to look like they'd never played together before, which they hadn't I suppose bar one half in pre-season. They were all over the shop and Mons were all over us,once it got to 3-2 I was fearing the worst. We settled down a bit when it got to 3-3 and were coming back at Mons but then somebody, I forget who, made a complete hash of clearing the ball and presented it to Darren McKenna who was clean through on goal. Brian McCarthy took him down just outside the penalty area and had to be sent off. It looked a definite goal though so he took one for the team as it were, that was in the last minute or so as well I think. Overall, we look like a team that'll score goals and concede goals. Derek Glynn looks like he'll bang them in so if we sort ourselves out at the back we might do relatively alright. Definite room for improvement but with it being basically a new team it'll take time to get a true picture.

i think it was tom king on his debut. he is usually very consistent, doesn't make many mistakes. gough suppose to have read the riot act to him after the game, made him go running with the subs after the game. bit harsh. the lad obviously didn't mean to make the mistake.

Nipper
08/03/2009, 4:23 PM
Alan Gough has the voice of five men.

Longfordian
08/03/2009, 4:26 PM
King actually did well enough when he came on apart from that. I'm sure he'll do fine this year overall.

Magicme
08/03/2009, 4:31 PM
He injected some much needed energy into your team and got them back into the game when he came on. Looks like a good signing.

hollocaine
08/03/2009, 8:57 PM
i think it was tom king on his debut. he is usually very consistent, doesn't make many mistakes. gough suppose to have read the riot act to him after the game, made him go running with the subs after the game. bit harsh. the lad obviously didn't mean to make the mistake.

He only played the last 10 minutes so he would have been told to do this anyway. Enjoyable game. McCarthy's foul on Bermingham was one of the most cynical things I've ever seen on a football pitch. Fair enough it prevented a probable goal, but I felt no need to applaud him as he went off. Maybe I'm too much of a purist. Mons denied two stonewell peno's aswell so we got lucky. I'd say attendance was no more than 400.

RonnieB
08/03/2009, 9:47 PM
Maybe you are. He was right to do what he did, would you sooner your team loose?

howsyourtouch
09/03/2009, 2:10 AM
100% professional and correct to do what he did...eleminated the chance of his team conceding a goal...

Tallanted
09/03/2009, 7:03 AM
He got us a point, deserved a round of applause as he was by far our best player on the night, fully committed in the tackle and gave his all for the game

Cabs88
09/03/2009, 10:07 AM
Good result, especially after being very poor for two thirds of the match. Apart from the first 15, and last 15 we couldnt string 3 passes together, and although the conditions were not favourable, we need to hold onto the ball better.

The back 4 were ragged at times, more often than not because they had no protection from mdfield, and no,9 for them dropping deep and starting everything. With a little communication and game time though, i'd imagine we'll improve, McCarthy tower in defence, and goughie doin well left full. Murphy too looks a good prospect and made one great save in the first half. I thought our front two showed promise, Glynn, obviously, great touch, and he will score goals for us if given the chance. Lynch too is very strong, and for a big man can run a bit too.

I though the manager was a bit slow to change things, im not sure how he rayed who was on the bence, but King did well when he came on

Overall, happy enough and glad the football is back. I'd imagine there will be plenty of goals this season, and if we can push for a strong mid table position, im sure we'll be happy

Salmon Coloured
09/03/2009, 11:37 AM
Mad game. We all nearly froze to death in Section O, although we spent the first half in the press gantry!! I thought we were in for another home & season opener like last season against Fingal when we went 3-0 up after 13 minutes. However Monaghan clawed there way back through dodgy keeping & defending on our part. Our new keeper Murphy will have to adjust a bit more I feel.
Still for a tenner you cant complain, 6 goals some of which were top quality. Absolutely freezing cold, a magnificient sending off & a bit of a cliffhanger all in all.

Martinho II
09/03/2009, 6:12 PM
looks like i missed a good nite sat nite.. :eek: im relieved that we even drew the match.. pity we didnt win magicme was panicin like mad!!:D

Magicme
09/03/2009, 7:09 PM
You were only gettin the text version of the panicking! Ask Tony Ghee what I was really like! I almost threw up and had tears in my eyes!

Martinho II
09/03/2009, 7:22 PM
You were only gettin the text version of the panicking! Ask Tony Ghee what I was really like! I almost threw up and had tears in my eyes!

yep will have a word with tone in ballybofey fri nite!! cant wait to hear the gorey details!!:D

Magicme
09/03/2009, 7:30 PM
Ha ha. Or ask Denise or the guy on the phone to Japan!!

Town Legend
09/03/2009, 8:26 PM
Bejaysus!! 'De Town and the 'Magic Mons' getting press coverage over in Japan!!! At least there probably getting more over there than in Ireland!!! :D

Salmon Coloured
10/03/2009, 7:13 AM
cant wait to hear the gorey details!!:D[/quote]

Game was on in Longford not Wexford. Dont worry Marty you didnt miss all that much as the cold made it a night of survival for those who attended. You did miss 6 goals though.

Martinho II
10/03/2009, 6:29 PM
cant wait to hear the gorey details!!:D

Game was on in Longford not Wexford. Dont worry Marty you didnt miss all that much as the cold made it a night of survival for those who attended. You did miss 6 goals though.[/QUOTE]

that was delibrate salmon coloured to see who was awake..:D