PDA

View Full Version : Details on U21 Match ?

Used2BHibs Fan
01/12/2003, 2:36 PM
Anyone know the details on where and when the City U21 match is being played tomorrow ?

Am in Dub-Land so will be heading to watch

Dodge
01/12/2003, 2:41 PM
Richmond park, kick off at 7.45

Used2BHibs Fan
01/12/2003, 2:43 PM
Thanks Dodge - any idea how many will be there from Pats ??

SÓC
01/12/2003, 3:06 PM
Is the K.O. defo at 7:45?

Just the Match Day Magazine said 7:00

Dodge
01/12/2003, 3:31 PM
Aertel (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p234.htm) say 7.45 and Pats (http://www.stpatsfc.com/main.php) agree so I'm gonna say yeah...

As for how many will be at the game I reckon a couple of hundred

Pablo
01/12/2003, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Aertel (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p234.htm) say 7.45 and Pats (http://www.stpatsfc.com/main.php) agree so I'm gonna say yeah...

As for how many will be at the game I reckon a couple of hundred

there was a good 1500 at the cross last year......surly there will be more than that for a national final?????

Dodge
01/12/2003, 4:39 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
there was a good 1500 at the cross last year......surly there will be more than that for a national final?????
Doubt it. Hope I'm wrong but if we got 500 I'd be very surprised.

Gary
02/12/2003, 8:39 PM
SPA 1 - 2 City.

Behan and a Rhodes OG

Crowd 1500ish, 50 or so City.

Champions of Ireland again eh.

I aaaaask you.

Used2BHibs Fan
03/12/2003, 7:49 AM
City Team : Mark McNulty, Richie Ahern, Damien Rhodes, Michael Buckley, Kevin Murray, Cillian Lordan, David O Sullivan, Mick Mulconroy, Denis Beehan, Jamie Nolan, Colin P, Subs Used Ian Fraher, Bryan McCarthy.

Behan scored from a free kick after about 12 minutes, 2 minutes later Pats were down to 10 after a straight red. 43 Minutes Rhodes hit a shot that went off a Pats defender and looped over the keeper. 2 - 0 half time. Second half City were under pressure for lots of the time and eventually Pats got a Penalty that McNulty nearly saved. McNulty made a brilliant save with about 10 minutes to go and one of the defenders took another shot off the line. Beehan hit the post having beaten the keeper late on but they hung on to retain the trophy.

From where I was watching the match there were no more than 400 with about 40 - 50 City fans........mind you there was a lot of fog in the ground so maybe the 1500 was made up of Shed End Invisibles:D

NorthoftheLee
03/12/2003, 8:25 AM
originally posted by Used2BHibsFan
From where I was watching the match there were no more than 400 with about 40 - 50 City fans........mind you there was a lot of fog in the ground so maybe the 1500 was made up of Shed End Invisibles

hahahahhahhahahahahhahah....the invisibles ha....I aaaask you!
:D

Dodge
03/12/2003, 8:35 AM
Stand was practically full. Stand holds 1,900. I guessed about 1,400

James
03/12/2003, 8:43 AM
Originally posted by Used2BHibs Fan
From where I was watching the match there were no more than 400 with about 40 - 50 City fans........mind you there was a lot of fog in the ground so maybe the 1500 was made up of Shed End Invisibles:D

haha thats almost word for word the same txt i got last night from someone else there.. crowd 400-500 (not including the invisibles

dublin bias.. i ask you :)

Used2BHibs Fan
03/12/2003, 8:47 AM
No point in getting into a big discussion - but on the left side of the stand there was no more than 100 - so if the other side was completly full (don't think so - but with the fog I sould not see that far) that would make 1050...........

Thought that the ref had a poor match which did not help the game to flow and also I guess that as it was a final both teams were nervous. City were lucky to hang on in the end even though they did hit the post late on.
City were short wingers who could have stretched the Pat's 10 but far play to Pat's they almost clawed it back.

One last comment is that even thought there will be no more FAI league soccer and it will be missed , Winter Soccer does not make for good watching.-

pete
03/12/2003, 10:49 AM
Was Mulconroy who hit the post late on.

Pats seemed very physical side but dunno if started match liek that or if initiated by the red card. IMO they lucky to finish with 10 men.

No way was there 1500 crowd. I guessed 500 last night but might have been 1000 tops. Left side of stand empty bar 100 or so people.

Pats only hope was match abandoned for fog at halftime but fog just lifted in time. Idiot penalty given away by city & late rally by pats didn't take away from well deserved win by City.

Good entertaining game & probably better than the matches served up by the senior sides this year.

Dodge
03/12/2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by pete
No way was there 1500 crowd. I guessed 500 last night but might have been 1000 tops. Left side of stand empty bar 100 or so people.

Pats only hope was match abandoned for fog at halftime but fog just lifted in time. Idiot penalty given away by city & late rally by pats didn't take away from well deserved win by City.

Good entertaining game & probably better than the matches served up by the senior sides this year.
Might've been totally wrong with the figure. From where I was stand looked fairly full... Definitely more than half full anyway.

I thought your first half performance probably deserved the victory but at the end we should/could have equalised. Turning point was the sending off (fully deserved) Luiz is probably the bet player on that team and probably would have made an impression.

Decent game alright.

BTW our Brazilian centre half Nicomedes (who played last night) is about to go on trial with Portsmouth

Oh and more thing, I reckon if the tie had've been an all dublin affair, it wold have been called off.

Éanna
03/12/2003, 11:17 AM
Oh and more thing, I reckon if the tie had've been an all dublin affair, it wold have been called off.
Still waiting for you to claim you rested most of your U21s and played your U7s :D :p

Dodge
03/12/2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
Still waiting for you to claim you rested most of your U21s and played your U7s :D :p
Would only say it if it was true... I'd say our team last night had more first team experience.

Éanna
03/12/2003, 11:39 AM
I'd say our team last night had more first team experience.
than your U7'S ? :eek: :)

tiktok
03/12/2003, 12:41 PM

I'd agree with that, approaching half time I didn't expect the game to continue, for most of the game it was impossible to see the far side of the pitch, but i thought the one thing that the ref did do well (and needed to do) was to keep up with the play.