PDA

View Full Version : Block Booking

The Lep
01/03/2009, 10:44 AM
Has anyone been contacted directly by the FAI wanting to meet up and discuss your allocation for the new stadium?

EastTerracer
01/03/2009, 4:08 PM
Has anyone been contacted directly by the FAI wanting to meet up and discuss your allocation for the new stadium?

This is the first I've heard of this. Have you been contacted?

I had expected that the FAI would just send out the forms next year and offer block-bookers tickets based on previous selections. If you were in the South Terrace or are in the Canal End now then I suspect it will be difficult to switch to the East or West Stand (or whatever they end up being called).

elroy
01/03/2009, 10:17 PM
wanting to meet up and discuss your allocation for the new stadium?

Seems very strange, unless this is to happen with a representative sample. Cant imagine they are going to "meet up and discuss" the allocation with thousands of block bookers.

The Lep
01/03/2009, 11:00 PM
Got a call last week from a rep of the FAI asking for a meet to discuss the block booking for the new stadium and maybe be taken on a tour of the new stadium. He said that instead of asking people to go to abbotstown they were meeting up over lunch/coffee etc.
It sounds a bit iffy but he checks out. It could be a hard sell for the advantage scheme because the advantage seats are the lower tiers and at the moment ive 2 good seats above the tunnel in the lower hogan and would rather keep on recieving match tickets as i do at the moment.
Will see what he says tommorow.
I'll wear extra set of pants just in case :D

The Lep
02/03/2009, 12:13 PM
Found out what its about. They have stadium tours and video pesentation and will answer any questions that you need to ask. Ive a tour booked for the 16th :D. No charge as far as i know but its the FAI so i'll wait for it :D

pineapple stu
02/03/2009, 12:28 PM
They'll presumably try and upsell you to a ten-year ticket.

The Lep
02/03/2009, 3:39 PM
Im sure they will but they wont succeed,but i'll get a nose round the new stadium anyway :D