PDA

View Full Version : League is 'Corrupt'

Citymark
27/09/2001, 11:39 AM
Dermot Keely last night claimed that the EL was 'corrupt' and that there was a secret agenda against Shelbourne FC due to the Paul Marney affair.

Despite most of todays media stating that the 2 Shels players deserved to be sent off, Keely claims that the defeat was payback time for the league! He also claims that Ollie Byrne is being deliberately discredited due to the Marney affair.
(more info on inthenet.ie)

If comments like this were made in any other league in Europe the manager and club would be in deep trouble for bringing the game into disrepute. He also seems to forget that Ollie Bryne is facing possible assault charges over the game against Derry.

Does anybody think Dermot Keely is justified in what he has said or if any actions will be taken?

dahamsta
27/09/2001, 12:02 PM
Without reference to this incident in particular, I would have thought it was blatantly obvious the League, and in particular the FAI, is corrupt. I think the more important point to be made is the incompetence of that corruption - the GAA has been at it for decades, and they're worth a fortune...

adam

citylove
27/09/2001, 12:59 PM
It doesn't do anything for the league when Managers say things like Keeley has said. It also doesn't do anything for the players and officals of Shelbourne FC. Keeley basically said that he will quit EL soccer because it is rubbish! I feel this will have a huge effect on shelbourne players, I bet you will see Shelbourne finishing mid-bottom of the table.

I can also see Shelbourne going bankrupt in a couple of years, everything seems to be going downhill for the club. They are gradually losing their best players, attendances have dropped dramatically and most importantly they have not been winning matches!!

Citymark
27/09/2001, 1:19 PM
Agree with what you say citylove, Shelbourne FC are on a downwards trend. Players leaving, crowds getting even smaller. (they must have one of the smallest supports in the league). They have been on their high horses for too long, especially with Ollie Byrne trying to influence everything. Mid table if they keep playing like this! Where are they going to get the money to keep all the full time players?

pete
27/09/2001, 4:14 PM
To say the league was cirrupt would suggest the officials benefitted to some tune. They're not corrupt just incapable!!!

I had to laugh when Keely (of all people) suggest the league has it in for his team. Could go on about incident after incident but $hel$ disciplinary record clearly speaks for itself. Keelys teams are the dirtiest hackers that the eL has seen for a long time. Maybe its just a csae of refs not letting $hels off (no pun intended) for dirty tackles etc... Keely takes good players to his club & destroys them in one season....

What other club has their club secretary with an assault charge allegedy commited during game????

dahamsta
27/09/2001, 4:23 PM
To say the league was cirrupt would suggest the officials benefitted to some tune. They're not corrupt just incapable!!!

You're suggesting the people in charge of the FAI aren't, or haven't pocketed a few brown envelopes?

<Mrs Krabappel>Hah!<Mrs Krabappel>

adam

Éanna
29/09/2001, 4:44 PM
Corrupt? Probably. Incompetent? Definitely. Keely's going on about the "vendetta" aggainst shels, but never mentions the vendetta that shels seem to have against anyone else who's ever kicked a football on Irish soil! The only reason people hate shels is because of the self-serving, obnoxious and arrogant contempt in which they hold the rest of us. However, that doesn't excuse them being mistreated, and if they have been hard done by, they have a case it should be dealt with.

pete
29/09/2001, 7:13 PM
Last year there was a large turnout of other eL fans at $hel$ european games. Ollie then claimed they were all $hel$ fans.

This year barely any of us eL fans turned up & Ollie blamed the poor turnout on the fact no neurtrals turned up.

Next year (if they lucky to make europe) i don't any neurtrals or other eL fans will trunupo such is the dislike for the ongoinng overly selfsevring behaviour of $hel$.

$hel$ are trying to start a 3 year plan which I believe will achieve nothing & the club will merge or be woundup.

When SRFC have their new ground, Bohs have a professional team $hel$ will cease to have a the level of exposure they have in the dublin media as the neutrals will attend tallaght or dalymount.

Whether RTE will drip their $hel$ lovefest is another thing......

Peadar
29/09/2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by rebel
When SRFC have their new ground, Bohs have a professional team $hel$ will cease to have a the level of exposure they have in the dublin media as the neutrals will attend tallaght or dalymount.

What about Pats?

pete
30/09/2001, 12:26 AM
What about Pats?

They'll have moved to Harolds Cross as Richmond Park will be needed to build a huge methadone clinic ;)

niamh
04/10/2001, 11:06 AM
Sounds like another case of paranoid manager to me.