PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football '09

Brendan
28/02/2009, 12:19 PM
I'm a little late in getting round to the fantasy football this season. Sorry about that. Anyway rather than trying to rush things and have it ready for friday,I think perhaps the best thing would be to give the first couple of weeks a miss and set a closing date for entry of, say, 19th March, in time for series 3. This might also give people a better chance to see who's likely to play first team football.

I've put together a player list as best I could with the help of the thread below and various other websites. I'd appreciate it if some of you might check it out and let me know if there's any glaring errors / ommissions.

http://www.eldreamteam.net/playerList.aspx

I'm also not keen on organising a 'premier league' this season - with entry fee and prizes. However given that anyone can set up their own mini league, perhaps someone else (someone who doesnt spend all the money like i tend to) might have a go at this. Post here or PM me if you're up for it.

gufc2000
28/02/2009, 12:37 PM
I'm a little late in getting round to the fantasy football this season. Sorry about that. Anyway rather than trying to rush things and have it ready for friday,I think perhaps the best thing would be to give the first couple of weeks a miss and set a closing date for entry of, say, 19th March, in time for series 3. This might also give people a better chance to see who's likely to play first team football.

I've put together a player list as best I could with the help of the thread below and various other websites. I'd appreciate it if some of you might check it out and let me know if there's any glaring errors / ommissions.

I'm also not keen on organising a 'premier league' this season - with entry fee and prizes. However given that anyone can set up their own mini league, perhaps someone else (someone who doesnt spend all the money like i tend to) might have a go at this. Post here or PM me if you're up for it.

Kalonas released by Bohs
Paddy Madden - Shelbourne
Brendan McGill- Barrow

Galway Utd's squad has alot of players there that have departed:
Alvin Rosue- Dungannon
Mark McCulloch- Arbroath
Shane Tracy- Released
John Fitzgearld- Released
Ollie Fenn- Released
Wes Charles- Vancouver
Reggie Nooitmeer- Retired
Ciaran Foley- Retired
Cathal Fahy- Athenry
Jeff Kenna- St Pats
Steven O'Flynn- Released

Your missing Derek O'Brien
Jason Molloy is a striker and Cian McBrien is a midfielder, Iarla Davoren is a left back/left mid

Dundalk:
Alot of those Dundalk players are not there anymore:
David Cassidy, Stephen Quigley (Shelbourne)
Robbie Dunne
Ben Whelahan
Thomas McGauley
James Hand
Keith Dunne
Neil Gallagher
Paul Smyth
Robbie Doyle
Phillip Hughes
Trevor Vaughan

A face
28/02/2009, 12:44 PM
RTE will be running something similar this season as far as i know.

gufc2000
28/02/2009, 12:44 PM
RTE will be running something similar this season as far as i know.

Link???

micls
28/02/2009, 2:29 PM
CCFC:

Players that have left are still on the list:

Admir Softic
Gareth Farrelly
Woods
Mooney
O Flynn
Craig Duggan
Dave meyler
Colm Carroll

micls
28/02/2009, 2:31 PM
CCFC:

Missin from the list:

Roberts Mezeckis-Centre half
Guntars Sigalis -Striker
Billy Dennehy-Wide midfielder

Mr Maroon
28/02/2009, 2:53 PM
Galway Utd's squad has alot of players there that have departed:
Alvin Rosue- Dungannon
Mark McCulloch- Arbroath
Shane Tracy- Released
John Fitzgearld- Released
Ollie Fenn- Released
Wes Charles- Vancouver
Reggie Nooitmeer- Retired
Ciaran Foley- Retired
Cathal Fahy- Athenry
Jeff Kenna- St Pats
Steven O'Flynn- Released

Derek Glynn has gone to Longford too.

eamo1
28/02/2009, 4:06 PM
I keep hearing about the RTE fantasy league but nothing from them yet and time is running out.
Fair play to you Brendan for setting up your league.I'll definatly be doing it and the ill get others playing it too.

gufc2000
28/02/2009, 4:18 PM
Barry Ryan should also be at Galway, and Ger Hanley is our back up keeper.

For Shamrock Rovers Chris Mulhall has signed for UCD, Robert Duggan has joined Dundalk, Darren Stapleton and Dessie Baker is now a free agent.
Shane Robinson, Ollie Cahill, Stephen Bradley should be in the Rovers squad aswell

Dundalk are missing Simon Ferry (Celtic), Michael McKerr (Birmingham), David Ward, Michael Daly (Man City), Michael Collins (Newry) and Shaun Kelly (Hearts). Also I forgot to mention that David Crawley, John Flanagan, and Shane Grimes have left

For St Pats, they are missing Stephen Maher (Yeovil), Enda Stevens (UCD). Joe O'Ceariuil is gone, as is Michael Keane and John Murphy.

For Derry, Conor Sammon, Sean Hargan, Aaron Callaghan, Niall McGinn, Owen Morrison (Sligo), Kevin McHugh have all left. Pat Jennings could be gone aswell but I'm not 100% sure.

Rovers1
28/02/2009, 4:21 PM
Keith Foy has left Rovers, plays in the LSL now afiak.

BaggioBohs
28/02/2009, 4:21 PM

Cheers for getting this going again. By the way, do you need to create a new account or can you use the old one?

Brendan
28/02/2009, 5:54 PM
Cheers for getting this going again. By the way, do you need to create a new account or can you use the old one?

i'll leave the old membership info there so if you joined last year you can use the same login.

Thanks to everyone who's helped so far. By the end of this week i will finalise the player list and enable registration etc

all drogged up
28/02/2009, 5:56 PM
tried registering on that ff thing but doesn't seem to be working yet - when will you be able to register ?

gufc2000
28/02/2009, 6:11 PM
tried registering on that ff thing but doesn't seem to be working yet - when will you be able to register ?

Brendan said it will be another week, until he has all the squads finalised

dfclilywhite
28/02/2009, 7:44 PM
Dundalk are missing Simon Ferry (Celtic)

He never signed.

holidaysong
28/02/2009, 7:50 PM
Duggan, Marney, Perth, Ferry and O'Connor should be removed from Dundalk FC.

McArdle (x 2) and Crawley aren't first team players (they're youths) and should be removed in my opinion.

Also, Simon Kelly (centre back) should be added and it's Michael Collins.

mrtndvn
28/02/2009, 7:51 PM
I keep hearing about the RTE fantasy league but nothing from them yet and time is running out.
Fair play to you Brendan for setting up your league.I'll definatly be doing it and the ill get others playing it too.

Monday lunchtime.

Brendan
01/03/2009, 11:36 AM
Monday lunchtime.

ok i will wait til then before i do any more updates. no point in running this if its being done by RTE.

gufc2000
01/03/2009, 11:47 AM
Do you have a copy of the points scoring system?

Brendan
01/03/2009, 12:48 PM
Do you have a copy of the points scoring system?

http://www.eldreamteam.net/rules.aspx

click on the "scoring" tab

Tis-smeee
01/03/2009, 2:06 PM
loi.ie are setting up a fantasy football with mns so might not be worth all your effort

gufc2000
01/03/2009, 2:40 PM
Where can join up to the LOI League?

gufc2000
02/03/2009, 3:57 PM
When are the details of RTE's fantasy football out?

gufc2000
03/03/2009, 9:53 PM
Is it still going ahead here Brendan, or are RTE going doing theirs?

dannydundalk
03/03/2009, 10:31 PM
galway2000 is a bit too excited

gufc2000
04/03/2009, 3:41 PM
galway2000 is a bit too excited

Meaning?

KR's Post
04/03/2009, 3:53 PM
Meaning?

Calm down there. He only means because you've posted several posts about it one after other!

Brendan
04/03/2009, 8:26 PM
Is it still going ahead here Brendan, or are RTE going doing theirs?

i know as much you do. i'll update the player list anyway and activate the registration at the weekend. though if mns start a league in the meantime then i dont see any point in me running one

sligoman
05/03/2009, 4:44 PM
Monday lunchtime.Well?

harpstilidie
05/03/2009, 9:53 PM
Take it this MNS fantasy football aint happening then? It would have to be up by now.

Brendan
08/03/2009, 8:30 PM
i've updated the player list as per everyones suggestions above. still a couple of players that i need to add in but i've activated the registration anyway so feel free to join in

gufc2000
09/03/2009, 9:10 PM
Will there be a foot.ie league?

holidaysong
10/03/2009, 4:45 PM
i've updated the player list as per everyones suggestions above. still a couple of players that i need to add in but i've activated the registration anyway so feel free to join in

Paddy McCourt needs to be removed.

Black and White
10/03/2009, 5:08 PM
Cormac McArdle, Kevin McArdle and Liam Crawley all gone from Dundalk.

Mike McGinley is with Dundalk now, not Bohs.

crisps
10/03/2009, 5:09 PM
How do you set up a mini league?

Brendan
12/03/2009, 10:05 PM
How do you set up a mini league?

just updated the database so that anyone can set one up
. the option is in the 'manage' menu once your logged in

sligoman
12/03/2009, 10:17 PM
just updated the database so that anyone can set one up
. the option is in the 'manage' menu once your logged inCan't see it? Options I have under 'Manage' is:

Change Password
Update Profile

Team

Create Squad
Manage Team
Weekly Team Scores

mcglinchey
18/03/2009, 1:55 PM
lads can someone please link me to the rte fantasy football site, i registered this morning and now i cant seem to find the site! Cheers.

sligoman
18/03/2009, 9:57 PM
lads can someone please link me to the rte fantasy football site, i registered this morning and now i cant seem to find the site! Cheers.Don't think there is one?:confused: Unless you mean www.eldreamteam.net which isn't an RTE one?

Black and White
19/03/2009, 7:50 AM
MNS have one, I registered on it last night, theres a link to it on Orielweb.com.

sligoman
19/03/2009, 1:13 PM
MNS have one, I registered on it last night, theres a link to it on Orielweb.com.Can you not post it up here? Can't access Orielweb.

Mr Maroon
19/03/2009, 1:27 PM
Can you not post it up here? Can't access Orielweb.

Here it is http://www.vmad.com/mns/index.php

Mr A
19/03/2009, 1:40 PM
It doesn't even list the D1 teams in the 'Who do you support' or even give an option for 'none of the above showers of hoorbags', so I'm damned if I'm registering.

Mr Maroon
19/03/2009, 1:41 PM
It doesn't even list the D1 teams in the 'Who do you support' or even give an option for 'none of the above showers of hoorbags', so I'm damned if I'm registering.

It's really awkward to use. I gave up trying to set up my team.

eirebhoy
20/03/2009, 5:21 PM
Here it is http://www.vmad.com/mns/index.php

404 File Not Found
The requested file cannot be found on DomainIt servers.
Please check the spelling or verify the referring link.
www.domainit.com

Black and White
21/03/2009, 2:29 PM
Yeah seeems to ahve disappeared now so duno whats going on!

gufc2000
23/03/2009, 3:38 PM
Is it me or has the eldreamteam.net been updated yet? I'm knew to it this year, so what day of the week is it usually updated?

tippex
01/05/2009, 8:34 PM
hmmm no updates since week 5?

sligoman
16/05/2009, 9:34 PM
How do you start a mini-league? I've gone into the section but it just shows the ones that are there already, nothing about creating one.