PDA

View Full Version : New FAI/Umbro Shop at Carrolls

Pages : [1] 2

Ringo
28/02/2009, 6:05 AM
The new FAI/Umbro shop will open at Carroll's on Westmoreland Street for the first time today:). Mostly clothing at this stage, but a new range of about 20 giftware lines has been ordered & will be available in a few months. The idea of the store is to have all Ireland FAI product available in one place, as none of the sports stores carry the full range. The store will also include League of Ireland shirts supplied by Umbro & Retro shirts .

Crosby87
28/02/2009, 11:51 PM
thats neat, any website?

soccerc
01/03/2009, 12:01 AM
Ringo

I had a nice hearthy chuckle at your news - you know why, and great that six years of banging on the door has worked. ;)

billybunter
01/03/2009, 3:10 AM
for those of us abroad - we dont have to fill out a form and mail it to an address in bundoran to buy the 97 home shirt anymore?? - Forgive the cynicism, but this is good news. Could never undersand why they made it so fcuking difficult to buy irish gear, considering we are amongst probably the top 10 nations to purchase replica gear (per capita) in the entire world!!!! - will be interested to see how this one progresses.

Ringo
01/03/2009, 5:38 AM
Ringo

I had a nice hearthy chuckle at your news - you know why, and great that six years of banging on the door has worked. ;)

Yes things moved fast lol:D. discussions on going about a website.

Maynard
05/03/2009, 4:34 PM
That's great news Ringo. I really hope that it works well and that the shop do their best (ie put pressure on Umbro) to supply as varied a LOI stock from the various clubs that they manufacture as they can. Plan to pop in tomorrow before heading on to Tolka. Well done again.

Paulie
05/03/2009, 5:09 PM
I paid a visit after work and I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a dark, small, pokey area down the back but it's anything but. The FAI shop takes up the bottom part of the store and is bright and well laid out. There's a good selection of tops, including t'shirts, hoodies and rain tops etc. They even have some clothing for the larger gent so I bought myself a nice tracksuit top. I reckon it would be a good addition if they had some retro Ireland tops, like the ones available from Toffs who make very good quality jersies. The playing of old ireland games on the TVs is a nice touch as well but personally I could do without the "give it a lash Jack" and the "ole ole" kind of music that I assume is on a loop there. Anyway that's my only criticism. It's good to finally have one place that stocks all the available Ireland gear instead of going to various shops when a game is coming up on the basis that you might happen across something.

Ringo
05/03/2009, 8:37 PM
I paid a visit after work and I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a dark, small, pokey area down the back but it's anything but. The FAI shop takes up the bottom part of the store and is bright and well laid out. There's a good selection of tops, including t'shirts, hoodies and rain tops etc. They even have some clothing for the larger gent so I bought myself a nice tracksuit top. I reckon it would be a good addition if they had some retro Ireland tops, like the ones available from Toffs who make very good quality jersies. The playing of old ireland games on the TVs is a nice touch as well but personally I could do without the "give it a lash Jack" and the "ole ole" kind of music that I assume is on a loop there. Anyway that's my only criticism. It's good to finally have one place that stocks all the available Ireland gear instead of going to various shops when a game is coming up on the basis that you might happen across something.

The area is about 1200 square feet so its a good size.
Retro t-shirts willl be available in about two weeks, The section already has the banner over it.:) New away gear launching after Paddy's day, huge range not just the jersey. About twelve weeks for the new giftware range. The music Cd is an old one. A new is being worked on at the moment By Dolphin Records. The prices are competative with any other retailer.

Maynard
05/03/2009, 8:51 PM
Retro t-shirts willl be available in about two weeks, The section already has the banner over it.:) New away gear launching after Paddy's day, huge range not just the jersey. About twelve weeks for the new giftware range. The music Cd is an old one. A new is being worked on at the moment By Dolphin Records. The prices are competative with any other retailer.

Any idea Ringo what kind of LOI gear you're going to be looking at? Are we talking a tokenistic Rovers/Bohs home jersey here or there, or a proper selection of all the Umbro LOI stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of a designated FAI/Umbro shop is a great idea in itself, just wondering if there's any real LOI interest in it. It's ok, you can level with me;)

Ringo
05/03/2009, 8:57 PM
Any idea Ringo what kind of LOI gear you're going to be looking at? Are we talking a tokenistic Rovers/Bohs home jersey here or there, or a proper selection of all the Umbro LOI stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I think the idea of a designated FAI/Umbro shop is a great idea in itself, just wondering if there's any real LOI interest in it. It's ok, you can level with me;)

We're basically stocking what is available to us. Were not cherry picking, just home jerseys. Having said that there isn't a huge range available at the moment. Shamrock Rovers would appear to have the largest range available. At the moment i think theres about 5 or six LOI teams represented, mostly the Dublin ones (Like Bray:p, had to say that) Were restricted to Umbro stock. It wasn't supposed to open for about a month. i will check out what will be available in LOI gear going forward.

shakermaker1982
05/03/2009, 9:02 PM
I'll check it out when I'm over for the Bulgaria game!

gypsydownunder
06/03/2009, 7:43 AM
Good luck with the venture. It IS sorely needed and I think will do well.

I coach football here in Sydney and was in Dublin over Christmas. I went out of my way to try and buy some Ireland 'merchandise' - personally I don't wear replica shirts but like the cotton t-shirts, shorts, jackets, sweatshirts.

I searched the 'official sponsor' elverys, which was terrible - they, like Champion have a full range of Arsenal, Chelsea, ManUtd, Lpool and Celtic but very little Ireland. The FAI should shoot them.

Arnotts in Henry St was interesting, they had the most stuff, and the only people, aside from me, looking at the Ireland stuff, were, you've guessed it Italian and Spanish tourists.

There IS a market there. Just sorry I've missed it until the next trip.

Paulie
06/03/2009, 1:19 PM

Just one more thing Ringo, it appeared that the only changing room is 2 floors up from the FAI shop. Even if it was just a single cubicle it would be good to have one in the FAI section itself.

Ringo
06/03/2009, 1:48 PM
Just one more thing Ringo, it appeared that the only changing room is 2 floors up from the FAI shop. Even if it was just a single cubicle it would be good to have one in the FAI section itself.

Thats a good point. We did look at that and decided to wait and see. I'll pass on the comment. Any more constructive comments a very welcome.:)

ArdeeBhoy
06/03/2009, 2:21 PM
Can fans have any input into the design, or at least colour of merchandise do you know?

As there's an awful lot of Blue(navy) & white stuff out there, from the FAI, only one of which is an 'official' colour of the main kit, flag etc?

Ironically, the only place you could buy Green 'official' FAI polo shirts was on E-bay for instance, based, in Britain;so once again the FAI are missing a trick.......

Paulie
06/03/2009, 4:40 PM
Thats a good point. We did look at that and decided to wait and see. I'll pass on the comment. Any more constructive comments a very welcome.:)

Fair play. As I said, all in all, my impression of the place was very positive.

Mad Moose
06/03/2009, 7:42 PM
I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting a dark, small, pokey area down the back but it's anything but. The FAI shop takes up the bottom part of the store and is bright and well laid out.

Ya mean ya don't have to draw a curtain and give a knowing wink and be ushered through a small draw in the curtain :D

Well done.It can only grow. I think you will get much international interest in this. There are no shortage of football nuts out there and while the League of Ireland isn't well recognised across the globe there are always the football heads who know the clubs and would love to pick up something on a trip here.

Good luck with it. I'll look forward to the website at some stage.

Maynard
07/03/2009, 4:09 PM
We're basically stocking what is available to us. Were not cherry picking, just home jerseys. Having said that there isn't a huge range available at the moment. Shamrock Rovers would appear to have the largest range available. At the moment i think theres about 5 or six LOI teams represented, mostly the Dublin ones (Like Bray:p, had to say that) Were restricted to Umbro stock. It wasn't supposed to open for about a month. i will check out what will be available in LOI gear going forward.

Good man Ringo. At Tolka last night Shels were just after getting their new lot of gear in - New home shirts, rain-jackets, tracksuits, polo-shirts etc
They were literally taking them out of the boxes as people were walking in the gate, so that new Shels range should be available to you from Mal at Umbro now. Looks nice too:cool:

Naitch
07/03/2009, 4:27 PM
What sort of retro shirts will they have?

Ringo
08/03/2009, 5:36 AM
Good man Ringo. At Tolka last night Shels were just after getting their new lot of gear in - New home shirts, rain-jackets, tracksuits, polo-shirts etc
They were literally taking them out of the boxes as people were walking in the gate, so that new Shels range should be available to you from Mal at Umbro now. Looks nice too:cool:

Most of the gear is ordered direct from Umbro & they only bring in what the club wants. There may also be a case where the club will want to keep certain things exclusive to their own shops, which is fair enough, it a good sourse of revenue for the clubs.AS i said if Umbro have it in their warehouse , then its available to us.

Ringo
08/03/2009, 5:41 AM
What sort of retro shirts will they have?
Their copies of the 88,90,94 shirts.

Naitch
08/03/2009, 9:36 AM
Great stuff. will they be actual replicas in that they are made by addidas with opel etc as the sponsor?

Ringo
08/03/2009, 11:29 AM
Great stuff. will they be actual replicas in that they are made by addidas with opel etc as the sponsor?

No their made by http://www.scoredraw.com/. Couldn't really see Umbro letting Addias etc make replica shirts for sale.

see here

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=113327

and here

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=113327

irishultra
10/03/2009, 3:23 PM
it class. i was like a kid in a candy store.

SkStu
10/03/2009, 3:34 PM
Ringo, any chance of this shop going online?

Ringo
10/03/2009, 6:40 PM
Discussions ongoing. Its up to the FAI & Umbro

SkStu
10/03/2009, 11:58 PM
thanks Ringo - keep me posted here if you hear anything either way. Cheers.

Ringo
18/03/2009, 8:39 PM
thanks Ringo - keep me posted here if you hear anything either way. Cheers.

Deal done . Store will go online as soon as it can be done. Online shop will feature all product available in the store at Carroll's. Fullfillment will be from Carrolls. Shipped through fedex for orders abroad. Suggestions of previous problems with the old shop would be welcome.

The Football Association of Ireland has signed a new ten year commercial partnership agreement with Umbro, official kit sponsor to all of the FAI's senior and underage international teams.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0318/fai.html

'Their commitment is demonstrated at all levels of the game and continued just last week with the opening of the first official Umbro FAI supporters store at Carrolls in Dublin's Westmoreland Street where fans can buy international match tickets and the full range of Umbro clothing and giftware.

The store on Westmoreland Street, will be officially opened by Giovanni Trapattoni on Monday 23rd of March at 2.30pm Lunchtime. All welcome.

ParkLife
19/03/2009, 9:32 AM
Sorry for the ridiculous question..but where exactly is the shop? I'll be in dublin for the Bulgaria game and will want to have a look around,don't want to be spending precious drinking time wandering the streets looking for it. BTW...I do know my way around Dublin,just not the street names..other than the obvious!!
And also..does it sell kids jerseys?? want to get an Ireland jersey for my 6 year old.

Sligo Hornet
19/03/2009, 9:48 AM
Sorry for the ridiculous question..but where exactly is the shop? I'll be in dublin for the Bulgaria game and will want to have a look around,don't want to be spending precious drinking time wandering the streets looking for it. BTW...I do know my way around Dublin,just not the street names..other than the obvious!!
And also..does it sell kids jerseys?? want to get an Ireland jersey for my 6 year old.

Hope this helps

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=Westmoreland%20Street%20dublin

Nolimits
20/03/2009, 5:53 PM

Start at trinity college head towards O'connel street. Its on the left hand side just before you cross the road to O'connel street.

billybunter
21/04/2009, 7:23 PM
any timeframe on when this site may be up and running on the web?

Thanks!

Ringo
22/04/2009, 3:41 PM
any timeframe on when this site may be up and running on the web?

Thanks!

Probably 4 weeks. Having problems getting the design signed off.

billybunter
22/04/2009, 5:12 PM
thanks ringo - will check back then.

longfordjames
25/04/2009, 2:51 PM
What time does it open sundays?What loi gear has it?

Ringo
26/04/2009, 6:05 AM
10am-8pm. Whatever was available from Umbro. it only stocks Umbro product.

Claret Murph
26/04/2009, 8:42 AM
Now I am sure we have all seen Trap on the box and most times I have seen him wearing a FAI pin , it's got the logo on a white background . Now I have been to the Carrolls shop and they don't have them and looked at most of the sports shops in Galway and still nothing . Anyone out there seen them for sale anywhere please .

Ringo
26/04/2009, 9:44 AM
Now I am sure we have all seen Trap on the box and most times I have seen him wearing a FAI pin , it's got the logo on a white background . Now I have been to the Carrolls shop and they don't have them and looked at most of the sports shops in Galway and still nothing . Anyone out there seen them for sale anywhere please .

They'll be in in about six weeks. Keyrings, magnet ,pin, bottle opener , Tankard, soft ball, wallet, phone charm, Drink bootle, mug. Pin will be €2.99. The new website should be up & running by then.

Claret Murph
26/04/2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks Ringo , Next time I am up in Dublin I will call in again . :)

Ringo
04/06/2009, 7:13 AM

Its only taken 3 months to get:rolleyes:, but changing room is now installed. New phone installed 01 6775088 ext 1. Would there be a market for match programmes? Do people still collect them? What price would people pay for them? Thanks

aidz1
04/06/2009, 9:35 AM
Their copies of the 88,90,94 shirts.

hi ringo,
i have been into the shop on 2 occasions but have yet to see retro versions of these shirts...
Do you have any in stock or due to get any in soon?

Ringo
04/06/2009, 12:11 PM
Their coming through Umbro & we should have had them a good while back. I'll see can i chase up the exact date & get back to you.

Deckydee
09/06/2009, 3:07 PM
Hi,

Any idea when the website will be up and running?

DD

Ringo
09/06/2009, 5:34 PM
Hi,

Any idea when the website will be up and running?

DD

i'd say another two weeks:mad:. designers dragging their heals

Ringo
18/06/2009, 5:49 AM
1988 retro shirt , no sponsor logo, now in stock. €45.:)

bennocelt
18/06/2009, 9:09 AM
Can I ask Ringo - does the shop have a LOI section - if so .....does it have scarves, flags, etc?
cheers

:)

Ringo
18/06/2009, 11:21 AM
Can I ask Ringo - does the shop have a LOI section - if so .....does it have scarves, flags, etc?
cheers

:)

We have any LOI jerseys available to us from Umbro. The only LOI scarves at the moment are Shamrock Rovers, because Umbro got them done for the shop at Tallaght. We had a meeting yesterday with Umbro & the FAI , in fairness they are trying to push the LOI with us. Were looking at how we can sell tickets to LOI games to Tourists & promoting games through the windows & TV's. We have to be mindful that the club shops are an important sourse of revenue for clubs. Were working very hard to have the FAI SHOP online by the weekend. :)

Colmcc
29/06/2009, 10:45 AM
Got my away shirt printed last week when I was in Dublin, first wash and the whole lot came off thankfully it hasn't ruined the shirt, girl who did it told me to wash inside out on a low tempature which I did, tried to iron the stuff back on but didn't work.
Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to look after shirts once they're done as I'll get it done again but don't want it to fall off after a few days.

joe_barry80
01/07/2009, 5:50 PM
Just got my 88 shirt today in the post very pleased. Only ordered 2 days ago. was in the shop when I was home in april very impressed. Had lots Old Man U and Leeds stuff too.

Sligo Hornet
02/07/2009, 6:54 AM
Just got my 88 shirt today in the post very pleased. Only ordered 2 days ago. was in the shop when I was home in april very impressed. Had lots Old Man U and Leeds stuff too.

Two excellent reasons to avoid going in!;)