PDA

View Full Version : Hughie Dave

pineapple stu
01/12/2003, 12:47 PM
Hugh Davey was giving me stick there yesterday in the Montrose because he heard I was criticising his "first touch" (!) on this forum. So if anyone else is thinking of whingeing at Hugh - or any of the other players - just remember that everything on this forum goes back to them!!! There's enough of the feckers know about it now!:D

UCD_4_Life
01/12/2003, 7:19 PM
Why criticise Hugh about his first touch when slagging his hair is far, far easier!

I must say, as a team we have had some horrible hair styles. Alan Cawley, Baz Andrews, Robbie Doyle...

pineapple stu
01/12/2003, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Why criticise Hugh about his first touch when slagging his hair is far, far easier!

Actually, at the Pat's game, some of the kids were pointing out the similarities between my hair and Hugh's... Totally different of course - I don't shower in hair gel for a start! - but still, I just can't slag myself!

lefty
02/12/2003, 11:09 AM
Not just pointing out the similarities between you two at the Pats match Pineapple Stu, they wanted to know if Hugh Davey was your brother! :p

John83
02/12/2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by lefty
Not just pointing out the similarities between you two at the Pats match Pineapple Stu, they wanted to know if Hugh Davey was your brother! :p
Similar story. Last weekend I was in Kilkenny, playing chess. My old secondary school was sending down about 15 kids to the same tournament with a couple of teachers. The two women teachers told me that when they checked in at the B&B, the woman there said "I know you're sisters, but are ye twins."

And if the slagging here is getting back to the players, Hughie, your hair might be ****e, your first touch might be ****e, and you might be psychologically incapable of passing the ball short, but you're still twice the left-back Darragh Ryan is.

pineapple stu
02/12/2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by John83
And if the slagging here is getting back to the players, Hughie, your hair might be ****e, your first touch might be ****e, and you might be psychologically incapable of passing the ball short, but you're still twice the left-back Darragh Ryan is.

He's only joking, Hugh!!!:D

How'd Kilkenny go?

John83
02/12/2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
He's only joking, Hugh!!!:D
Or was I? ;)

Originally posted by pineapple stu
How'd Kilkenny go?
Great fun. The actual chess was a disaster though. +0 =2 -3. I was on 0/3 after four rounds (yes, I even had the ignomy of a bye), before having to give away two draws in better positons on the Sunday because I had 2 hours sleep.

On the other hand, I found out that Gerry McElligot plays the flute! :cool:

Schumi
02/12/2003, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by John83
0 =2 -3 Impressive maths!

Aberdonian Stu
03/12/2003, 3:58 PM
Ahem...truly